Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The 99% Moms Group! Do you support the Occupy Movement?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you support the Occupy Movement, please reply to this post.

Share your thoughts on the Occupy Movement and why you support it.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
Hildegarde
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this
We need balance. Money is God in our country, and we are headed in a very bleak direction. We need to stop the hemorrhaging. Although we may be past the point of no return, we have to kill the motor because it's going to take us over the cliff. Corruption is everywhere, you can't even find objective impartial information on the news. The solution is to take money out of the equation. There should be no central privatized bank. Put your money in a local credit union. Live within your means. Our country was envisioned to be something far different than the mess it has become. If we are the 99% then we already run the show, we just don't know it yet! Our money talks louder than our pain and suffering in the street, such a sad state of affairs. Vote Ron Paul!
opinionatedmom
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM

because nothing else is working we need new and we need change all up and down the goverment branches and we want other countries to be like us. how scary

arthistmom
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Because in no way am I part of the 1%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I support the Occupy movement and I have been out there with them. (I live in Colorado)

I'm one of the "original Tea Party" people who can see and does not like where our government is heading.
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Once again...
Like the Tea Party, I think that some have taken this movement and twisted it for their own agenda. Do I agree with the initial reasoning and fit into the 99%? Yes I do. Do I support the OWS movement? Not fully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4healthyeats
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM

http://occupywallst.org/

3MunKeezMommy
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM
What these ladies said :-)

Quoting happygolucky106:

Quoting PEEK05:

I don't know what it is, but I joined the group in hopes of finding out.

DITTO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Hildegarde:

We need balance. Money is God in our country, and we are headed in a very bleak direction. We need to stop the hemorrhaging. Although we may be past the point of no return, we have to kill the motor because it's going to take us over the cliff. Corruption is everywhere, you can't even find objective impartial information on the news. The solution is to take money out of the equation. There should be no central privatized bank. Put your money in a local credit union. Live within your means. Our country was envisioned to be something far different than the mess it has become. If we are the 99% then we already run the show, we just don't know it yet! Our money talks louder than our pain and suffering in the street, such a sad state of affairs. Vote Ron Paul!

Very well said!

myheartbeat
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:36 AM

I support the Occupy Movement because I too believe the government is only for big business, it helps the very rich, profitable companies continue to profit grossly out of sinc with the average working person. Tax breaks are given to big business, not to the hard working average americans. We now are struggling to make ends meet, while CEOs make millions yearly and get tax breaks. The government wants to take money from those among us that can least afford any more stripping of our inccome, while at the same time giving tax breaks to the rich  . It must stop  . We must support change  . I am a college educated RN woking full time and I struggle to support my family of four while my sick husband fights for social security disabilty that he worked and paid into for 36 years.This country is sick , we must find a way to heal it.   WE NEED CHANGE.

jewjewbee
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are my thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN