Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The 99% Moms Group! Do you support the Occupy Movement?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you support the Occupy Movement, please reply to this post.

Share your thoughts on the Occupy Movement and why you support it.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Dec. 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Very well put Hildergarde.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tambrathegreat
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I am in absolute support of the OWS movement.   Our country has been taken over by greed and profligacy.  WE THE PEOPLE need to take it back from corporations and revoke their personhood.

mom2klca
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 12:55 PM

For everyone who supports the occupy movement- I have a question. Please explain to me exactly how this movement will create change? I agree with a lot of their complaints but do not see how this will change the way our govt operates. please explain!

FabDarling
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

hi - i'm gail.  and i am a liberal/independant. (living in a really really conservative town LOL)....

i support the 'theory' of the occupy movement.  but i think they're going about it in the wrong way now.  i think it's time has passed and they've not accomplished a lot.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree that Wall Street and government are too intermingled and have too much power.  As far as the occupy protesters, I don't agree with all that they do in their movement. 

jewjewbee
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I am the 99%. Wall Street and government have taken this country to the brink and it needs to change direction and I want to be there to see it. I believe in Occupy and will stand up with everything I have to defend it.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Beware, nana: that's going to make you a target.

I'm a proud OWS supporter.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

That just gave me goosebumps.

Quoting JZB:

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Quoting FabDarling:

hi - i'm gail.  and i am a liberal/independant. (living in a really really conservative town LOL)....

i support the 'theory' of the occupy movement.  but i think they're going about it in the wrong way now.  i think it's time has passed and they've not accomplished a lot.

I'm with you.  I agree with the idea that Wall Street has way too much influence in our government to the detriment of the overwhelming majority of Americans.  But I'm disappointed with the movement's ineffectiveness.  Although, I do have to wonder how much of that has been a result of corporate-owned media being successful in marginalizing the movement. 

It was interesting to watch...At the height of the movement our media focused on stories that made it look like people didn't really know what they were protesting.  Yet, if you watched news stories in the international press, it was very clear what they were protesting and what the movement stood for.  I think our media has been successful in making it look like a directionless movement by people who really don't know why they're there.  Because of that it has lost momentum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)