Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 99% Moms Group! Do you support the Occupy Movement?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you support the Occupy Movement, please reply to this post.

Share your thoughts on the Occupy Movement and why you support it.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
kestl
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not sure what % I'm in ....maybe 62% LOL

If you are part of a union, you are not in the 99%....they are just as corrupt as corporations.

FabDarling
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting FabDarling:

hi - i'm gail.  and i am a liberal/independant. (living in a really really conservative town LOL)....

i support the 'theory' of the occupy movement.  but i think they're going about it in the wrong way now.  i think it's time has passed and they've not accomplished a lot.

I'm with you.  I agree with the idea that Wall Street has way too much influence in our government to the detriment of the overwhelming majority of Americans.  But I'm disappointed with the movement's ineffectiveness.  Although, I do have to wonder how much of that has been a result of corporate-owned media being successful in marginalizing the movement. 

It was interesting to watch...At the height of the movement our media focused on stories that made it look like people didn't really know what they were protesting.  Yet, if you watched news stories in the international press, it was very clear what they were protesting and what the movement stood for.  I think our media has been successful in making it look like a directionless movement by people who really don't know why they're there.  Because of that it has lost momentum.

i believe that the movements "heart" is in the right place.  these few (wall street big-guns)....have too much power and knew all too well what was coming for our economy and well - the list goes on and on.

but the occupancy is failing to make any signifigant change to anything.  in reality it's just making people who live and work in the area miserable.  There are many people who work on Wall Street that need to get to and from work....who aren't making millions.  There are secretaries, cleaning people, mail room clerks and delivery people.....all who's lives are being made harder by all of the occupancy.

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally agree, and would add that I could never support a movement that is bringing so much violence, destruction, and trampling of other's rights with it.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Once again...
Like the Tea Party, I think that some have taken this movement and twisted it for their own agenda. Do I agree with the initial reasoning and fit into the 99%? Yes I do. Do I support the OWS movement? Not fully.

grlygrlz2
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 2:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Occupy Oakland this weekend?  How can anyone support their actions?  They are acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten entitled freaks.

kaylamarie25
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I support why but the how they are going about it I don't.
lorisue920
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this

no i am not a supporter of this group.  i agree with the idea that if you want something, go work for it. i don't want a handout, there is nothing good to feel about when you live on the arm of the country without having put something in.

did anyone know that some of the nyow people had jobs, designer clothes, top of the line computers and were staying in some of the poshest hotels in the city? kinda wierd don't you think?

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

What should someone's personal belongings or job have to do with their ability to see through the nonsense that has been going on on Wall Street? There are plenty of OWS who are well educated professionals, that's true. Why is that a liability? Not following your logic at all.

Quoting lorisue920:

no i am not a supporter of this group.  i agree with the idea that if you want something, go work for it. i don't want a handout, there is nothing good to feel about when you live on the arm of the country without having put something in.

did anyone know that some of the nyow people had jobs, designer clothes, top of the line computers and were staying in some of the poshest hotels in the city? kinda wierd don't you think?

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I'd never support a cause that uses the sidewalk for a toilet. YUCK!

Quoting Mamawto4:

I totally agree, and would add that I could never support a movement that is bringing so much violence, destruction, and trampling of other's rights with it.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Once again...
Like the Tea Party, I think that some have taken this movement and twisted it for their own agenda. Do I agree with the initial reasoning and fit into the 99%? Yes I do. Do I support the OWS movement? Not fully.

clr06160
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this

The six people that own Walmart make more money than the bottom 30% of the United States.  I think it's great people can make a lot of money, but when 1% make more than the other 99% put together it's pretty ugly. 

Tennismom360
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

We are in a very sad state of affairs.  Why do the banks get bail outs and we can't?  Having a job does not mean that you can survive these days.  Health Insurance is so expensive as well as medical costs - prohibitively expensive. I am not sure how people survive. My husband is an attorney making a decent salary, but we pay so much in taxes it is crazy, yet Michael Dell does not have to pay taxes. How is that fair?  We are a family of 5, how am I supposed to feed my kids, clothe them and raise them.  I refuse to buy a new car or house again.  I don't want to participate in this economy.  I try to make food from scratch and live within our means, etc.  I don't know I wish I lived in another country where there is free education and free health care.  Urgh.  very sad. I have no power, no voice at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)