Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Would you vote for Hillary Clinton if she were to run for president in 2012?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hillary for President?

Posted by Lindsay Ferrier on November 28, 2011

Hillary ClintonHillary Clinton may not have won the Democratic nomination in 2008, but as it turns out, plenty of moms still have her in mind as a future president.

A new CafeMom poll shows that if Mrs. Clinton were running for president right now, she'd get 58 percent of moms' votes. By comparison, only 42 percent of moms would vote for Barack Obama.

And there's more.

The Baltimore Sun today ran an op-ed column comparing the CafeMom poll with a newly released Harris poll, which shows that Clinton's job approval rating among Americans is at 52 percent. The percentage is significant because she and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta are the only politicians to come out of the poll with positive ratings.

What gives with these numbers? Well, The Baltimore Sun's Susan Reimer offers this:

[I]t is a race to the bottom for the two political parties. More than half of those surveyed have a negative opinion of both Republicans in Congress (53 percent) and Democrats in Congress (54 percent).

The explanation for Mrs. Clinton's popularity, the Harris people theorize, is that secretaries of state are not involved in domestic matters and generally aren't blamed for trouble at home.

In other words, while Republicans and Democrats have come to a frustrating stalemate over the deficit and President Obama has incurred criticism for seemingly washing his hands of the mess, Hillary has been garnering positive media coverage traveling the globe and making foreign policy inroads as Secretary of State.

She has become so popular with Americans, in fact, that some are beginning to suggest that Obama step aside and let Mrs. Clinton run for President in 2012.

Don't bank on that happening, though. Hillary already has announced that she plans to step down as Secretary of State after Obama's first term, and doesn't want to serve in the Cabinet or run for elected office again.

The next title she's aiming for, she says, is that of 'Grandmother.'

No pressure, Chelsea!

However, there's still plenty of time before the November election, and as we've seen in the past, anything could happen.

Would you vote for Hillary Clinton if she were to run for president in 2012?

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

No I wouldn't vote for her.  I like the idea of a strong woman for president just not her.  I don't agree with her policies.

QuinnMae
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Nope.

jewjewbee
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Nope

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM
No.

She's good where she is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I would love for her to run WITH Obama

Pussy cat, PLEASE!

Partyof5tlc
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

No way!  Nor would I vote for Sarah Palin, or Michelle Bachmann.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Is it a female thing or because of what they believe? Honest question... :-)

Quoting Partyof5tlc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Partyof5tlc
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting Partyof5tlc:

I am a huge supporter of Dr. Ron Paul.  I don't like Hillary because she was always in it for herself, personally I think she was the one running the country when Bill was in the White house, he was her puppet.  Why would a woman like Hillary let her husband cheat on her and stick around?  It was all about her climb for the power.  She got it.  Of course I am not a Democrat either.  I don't like Bachmann, she is far to right winged for my taste, and Sara is just flat out annoying to me.    

QuinnMae
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a liberal.  Enough said.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I support Ron Paul as well. :-)

And 100% agree that Bill did what Hilary said the entire time he was in office... She's a woman that gets what she wants!

I'm not a fan of the Crazy Twins either... Sarah & Michele are very similar and their opinions scare me...

Quoting Partyof5tlc:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting Partyof5tlc:

I am a huge supporter of Dr. Ron Paul.  I don't like Hillary because she was always in it for herself, personally I think she was the one running the country when Bill was in the White house, he was her puppet.  Why would a woman like Hillary let her husband cheat on her and stick around?  It was all about her climb for the power.  She got it.  Of course I am not a Democrat either.  I don't like Bachmann, she is far to right winged for my taste, and Sara is just flat out annoying to me.    

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN