Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Glenn beck suggests tea party opposition is about race , not policy

Posted by   + Show Post
Glenn Beck Suggests Tea Party Is Racist
By Alex Seitz-Wald on Dec 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm
In a startling admission from a major Tea Party champion, former Fox News host Glenn Beck said Friday that race may be a motivating factor in the Tea Party’s opposition to President Obama. In an interview with Fox Business host Andrew Napolitano, Beck said Obama and GOP front-runner Newt Gingrich are both “big government progressive[s],” so he doesn’t understand why Tea Party members are supporting Gingrich. “If you’re against [Obama] but you’re for [Gingrich], it must be about race,” Beck said:
BECK: And I issued a challenge to Tea Party members. … [Gingrich] is a progressive. … If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama, one in Newt Gingrich, one in Obama, ask yourself this, Tea Party: is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race.
Watch it:

The comment is striking coming from Beck, who organized major Tea Party events and strongly defended the movement against charges of racism. “The NAACP adopted a resolution condemning the racist elements of the Tea Party. Well, I’d do that, too, if I knew where they were,” Beck said in July 2010. Now, it seems he finally knows there are. And he’s being disowned by conservative blogs for expressing this. Conservative provocateur Andrew Breitbart responded by calling Beck a “coward,” a liar, and a “huckster,” saying the race comments “jumped the gun, and in essence jumped the shark.”
Indeed, just this weekend, a Tea Party group in Kansas drew condemnations from the local NAACP for depicting President Obama as a skunk. “It is half black, half white, and almost everything it does, stinks,” reads the website of the Patriot Freedom Alliance, a Tea Party of Hutchinson, under a picture suggesting “the skunk has replaced the eagle as the symbol for the president.” Darrell Pope, president of the Hutchinson NAACP, called it “a blatant statement of racism.”
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Replies (51-55):
Mom2Just1Kiddo
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Mom2Just1Kiddo:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Mom2Just1Kiddo:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I don't know if I ever called hima racist, I would have to see what his statement was ..but I have called him other things, like psychotic. I absolutely think Glenn Beck suffers from mental illness and shame on his family for not helping him. May be from all his years of drug abuse

Quoting grlygrlz2:

What?  The man Sweet once called a racist is calling others a racist?  Shut the Front Door.....  

I do agree that Obama and Newt hold similar "Progressive" ideals....

LMAO!  So you quoted someone who you think is psychotic?  LOLOLOL

He has many fans, and I didn't quote him, I posted a story that pertains to the election of 2012

You posted a story that quotes him and based your title on that quote.  But, OK, you didn't quote him.  LOL

ok, I posted a topic that is relevant to the group. You seen to be answering a lot...so apparently you agree

It isn't safe to equate my boredom with relevance.  :)

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mom2Just1Kiddo:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Mom2Just1Kiddo:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Mom2Just1Kiddo:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I don't know if I ever called hima racist, I would have to see what his statement was ..but I have called him other things, like psychotic. I absolutely think Glenn Beck suffers from mental illness and shame on his family for not helping him. May be from all his years of drug abuse

Quoting grlygrlz2:

What?  The man Sweet once called a racist is calling others a racist?  Shut the Front Door.....  

I do agree that Obama and Newt hold similar "Progressive" ideals....

LMAO!  So you quoted someone who you think is psychotic?  LOLOLOL

He has many fans, and I didn't quote him, I posted a story that pertains to the election of 2012

You posted a story that quotes him and based your title on that quote.  But, OK, you didn't quote him.  LOL

ok, I posted a topic that is relevant to the group. You seen to be answering a lot...so apparently you agree

It isn't safe to equate my boredom with relevance.  :)

Touche'

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:24 PM

2hotTaco
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Beck must have a new book coming out....LOL

smile

joey125
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the words people use to describe President Obama, makes me believe its about race, although Beck is a nut case     Some jokes I've seen lead me to believe that also, have even received them from friends, and I get mad , just don't like it, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN