Here are some stories we've read recently. Have an interesting one you'd like to share? Post it in the replies!
1. Ron Paul reacts (again) to claims of racism in years-old newsletters published in his name. [CNN]
2. This holiday season, Republican candidates' wives are "working overtime" on the campaign trail. [Christian Science Monitor]
3. Stephen Colbert's offer to fund South Carolina state primary - in exchange for naming rights for the event - is "no joke," says the comedian. [Reuters]
4. Mitt Romney declines Newt Gingrich's offer of a one-on-one debate, saying he doesn't want to "narrow this down to a two-person race while there are still a number of other candidates that are viable." [Washington Times]
5. President Obama plans to step up pressure on House Republicans to pass an extension to the payroll tax cut, which was already approved by the Senate. [ABC]