Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Question to Ron Paul Supporters

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

What is the main issue that Ron Paul supports/stands for that you disagree with?

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Eilish-
by Johnson 2012 on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Disagree with Ron Paul or the other candidates? Trying to understand your question.

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Quoting -Eilish-:

Disagree with Ron Paul or the other candidates? Trying to understand your question.

Is there anything you disagree with Ron Paul on?

joey125
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Doing away with the Federal Reserve, EPA, FAA ,  and almost all government. I do Like his stand on wars, I think that is the one thing many folks like about him,   Got carried away, you didn't ask that oops

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Darn.. you only want Ron Paul supporters to comment.

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Quoting joey125:

Doing away with the Federal Reserve, EPA, FAA ,  and almost all government. I do Like his stand on wars, I think that is the one thing many folks like about him,   Got carried away, you didn't ask that oops

Are you a Ron Paul supporter?  By that I mean do you intend to vote for him for president if given the chance?

Please feel free to add any information you wish to share, whether asked or not.

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Darn.. you only want Ron Paul supporters to comment.

This forum is of course open to everyone, but yeah, I really was directing my question to supporters only.

Partyof5tlc
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

There is nothing I do not like about him.  If we are true Americans then we should easily understand his principals.  After all that is what this country was founded on.  The fact is a lot of Americans do not know what true freedom really means.  The states should always have the power, and the Supreme Court was never meant to have the power they do today.  The Federal Reserve is a privately held organization, that was passed into congress in 1913, when most where on vacation.  It is owned by some of the wealthiest people in the world.  Really, I think people should do their homework regarding Dr. Paul.  His lead is only going to get stronger.  And, if he doesn't win the Republican vote, I am willing to bet he will run independent, and that will bring a major catastrophe for the republican party.  It will probably get Obama 4 more years, because I know for a fact the Paul supporters are going to stick with him.  

-Eilish-
by Johnson 2012 on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mamawto4:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Is there anything you disagree with Ron Paul on?

It's hard to say because I don't know how Ron Paul would vote for social matters on a state level. Those are areas where I may disagree with him, but don't currently have an opportunity to. Since he's running for federal office, he has the luxary of not dealing with certain issues because they simply don't fall under the realm of the Constitutional authority. We both agree, for example, that marriage isn't an issue for the federal government to deal with, but I don't know how he would deal with it on a state level so I can neither agree, nor disagree.

Now take abortion - he believes that the federal government aught not be involved with this matter. While I understand WHY he believes (and sees it as rather genius), I also recognize that crimes like murder are federal offenses. So if we are to be consistent, then murder would also have to be a state crime and not a federal crime. However, if RP believes that murder is a federal crime, then I would disagree that abortion is a state level issue.

When it comes to principles, I agree with RP 99.9999% (I have yet to find an aspect where we disagree because we are both coming from the perspective of the Constitution). But since we don't have the opportunity to see what he would do with many of these issues on a state level (since he's not running for state office) we can't really see where we may disagree .... which I'm okay with because he's running for federal office.

joey125
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry,  I probably should not have answered the post.   I do not agree with Paul s ideas regarding the Federal Reserve , FDA, FAA ,  I do agree with his foreign policy  only.   Do not like any Republican candidates at all, Paul doesn't seem to fit the Republican agenda, doesn' seem like that to me.  I will be voting for President Obama, 

matreshka
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I agree with this on Ron Paul, I also read he wants to shut down the Dept of Education.  I probably won't vote for Obama though IDK I usually vote for 3rd party, (yes I'm one of those Nader types from the recent past)

Quoting joey125:

sorry,  I probably should not have answered the post.   I do not agree with Paul s ideas regarding the Federal Reserve , FDA, FAA ,  I do agree with his foreign policy  only.   Do not like any Republican candidates at all, Paul doesn't seem to fit the Republican agenda, doesn' seem like that to me.  I will be voting for President Obama, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)