Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bain Capital Owns Clear Channel, (Rush Limbaugh,Sean Hannity,Glenn Beck,Michael Savage, Etc.)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 37 Replies

Michael Snyder, Contributing Writer
Activist Post

Wouldn't it be great if a Republican presidential candidate could just buy the support of just about every major conservative talk show host in America?  Well, it may not be as far-fetched as you may think.

Clear Channel owns more radio stations (850) than anyone else in the United States.  They also own Premiere Radio Networks, the company that syndicates the radio shows of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck, among others.

Needless to say, Clear Channel basically owns conservative talk radio in the United States.  So who owns Clear Channel?

Well, it turns out that Bain Capital is one of the primary owners of Clear Channel.  Yes, you read that correctly.  The company that Mitt Romney ran for so long is one of the "big bosses" over virtually all conservative talk radio in America.

Of course Mitt Romney is not running Bain Capital anymore.  He is a "retired partner", but he still has a huge financial stake in Bain Capital.  We're talking about millions upon millions of dollars.  If you doubt this, just check out page 34 of this public financial disclosure report.  So if you have been wondering why so many conservative talk show hosts are being so incredibly kind to Mitt Romney, this just might be the answer.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I think a lot of people have been wrestling with the idea of the media shoving Romney down our throats, and believed it to be true.  This gives a lot of credence to those thoughts.  I'm not ready to think that everyone working for a company with a large share owned by Bain, is therefore a puppet of Bain, but this does throw yet another question into Romney's credability as a true contender to go against Obama.

Thank you for this post.

Partyof5tlc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mamawto4:

I think a lot of people have been wrestling with the idea of the media shoving Romney down our throats, and believed it to be true.  This gives a lot of credence to those thoughts.  I'm not ready to think that everyone working for a company with a large share owned by Bain, is therefore a puppet of Bain, but this does throw yet another question into Romney's credability as a true contender to go against Obama.

Thank you for this post.

I agree with your thoughts.  I just thought it was very interesting!  It does seem to bring up the question of Romney's credability to go up against Obama.  Your welcome!  Always happy to get the facts out.  Thanks for your thoughts!

grlygrlz2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

OK, timeline.....

Mitt Romney's Time at Bain: 1988-2002

Bain Acquired Clear Channel in 2006.

So, what's your point?

grlygrlz2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this

If the Clear Channel wanted to shove Romney down "our throats", they would have done it during the last election.

Vicariously
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Exactly.

As for your point in the other post, none of the republican talk shows endorsed Romney last time, or this time. Beck endorsed Michele Bachmann. Now he's endorsingRick Santorum. Hannity was more favorable to Perry before all of the bad debates. He hasn't taken sides. Limbaugh hasn't endorsed anyone either. He's tried to stay neutral.

Even if they do take Romney's side down the road it's not because the company he used to work for owns Clear Channel. It's because that's who they will be voting for. Don't fall for another conspiracy theory with loosely tied facts...

Quoting grlygrlz2:

OK, timeline.....

So, what's your point?

Partyof5tlc
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Just thought it was an interesting article.  We will see who endorses who when they narrow down the candidates.  If you read in the article, Romney is still a "retired partner." 

29again
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Interesting.  I listen to our local lineup (Boortz, Limbaugh, Hannity) at work.  I have yet to hear any one of them endorse any candidate. 

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't listen to ALL syndicated radio talk shows, but Rush seems to be pushing for Newt lately. For a while Michael Savage liked Ron Paul. Then after the debates and his foreign policy views came to light, he seemed to back away. Mark Levin calls Romney "Mittens". (I think it's him)

They're commentators, they're paid for their opinions. *shrugs

I'm sure there's some bias there, but I don't think they're "bought and paid for" as this article suggests. The conspiracy stuff turns me off.

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Quoting grlygrlz2:

OK, timeline.....

So, what's your point?

Exactly... and as a Romney supporter I can assure that Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have NOT been throwing their support to Romney.  Quite the opposite.  I have been upset by their actions.  And Hannity, who loved Romney and talked him up a lot last time around has not done so this time.  I can't speak for the others since I never hear them so this is a far reaching stretch. 

Don't the Ron Paul people love conspiracies...lol

Speaking.. how many times has Ron Paul walked out of interviews?  It's more than once.  I'll have to research it because a one time incident is understandable (weak, but could be a fluke), but I have heard he has done this quite often.  Bad form for somebody who thinks he can handle the presidency.

lga1965
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting grlygrlz2:

OK, timeline.....

So, what's your point?

Exactly... and as a Romney supporter I can assure that Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have NOT been throwing their support to Romney.  Quite the opposite.  I have been upset by their actions.  And Hannity, who loved Romney and talked him up a lot last time around has not done so this time.  I can't speak for the others since I never hear them so this is a far reaching stretch. 

Don't the Ron Paul people love conspiracies...lol

Speaking.. how many times has Ron Paul walked out of interviews?  It's more than once.  I'll have to research it because a one time incident is understandable (weak, but could be a fluke), but I have heard he has done this quite often.  Bad form for somebody who thinks he can handle the presidency.

Why has the Media---or the people who speak on "news" channels such as Fox ---voiced their support of specific candidates? Isn't it the role of any news channel to only report the news and keep their personal opinions out of it?Isn't it inapproproate of Rush or Hannity or any of them to boost candidates? And shouldn't they remain neutral?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)