Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Republican vs. Democrat...What Is The Makeup of The Group?

Poll

Question: I am a...

Options:

Conservative Republican

Moderate Republican

Liberal Democrat

Moderate Democrat

Other -- I'll explain in the comments

I think they're all crazy and I don't want to be associated with any of them

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 153

View Results

I always think it is interesting to see what the actual makeup of a group is vs. the perceived makeup.  So, if you wouldn't mind telling us, how do you identify?

by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
anity
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
most of this is me as well.

Quoting Ellijaymom:

I voted Conservative Republican. However, I do have some more liberal views. I do not have many of those. I am anti-abortion. I am pro-death penalty WHEN all appeals have been exhausted. I do support gun rights. I do not like this "healthcare" that we have been sold. I could go on and on about why I consider myself Republican.

My few liberal ideals are legalizing prostitution. I also do not have a problem with gay people whether male or female, being able to be married. I do like to seperate marriage as a religious thing therefore the government should be out of it. But really that is just semantics. So I am cool with gay rights. I do not think I have ever voted for a Democrat. I do not think I ever will. The issues that make me a Republican are more important to me than the issues that would identify me with a more liberal stance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FabDarling
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

i am a liberal democrat.

and looking at the #'s up there i guees that everyone can chill in thinking this group is OVER-RUN by us!!! LOL!!!

kitty4ever
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to be a democrat for 24 years, then got to chose and was an independent for 2 years, and republican the last few years.  However local elections, I vote for the person not party.  Other elections, I'll switch for whichever candidate I feel best represents what I support. 

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a yellow dog Dem and proud of it!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm kind of a liberal republican... HaHaHa!!!

I'm a registered Republican but I vote for the best in the running... Never have I voted straight ticket and I probably never will...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Theres things I support from all sides, this year however has brought the crazies out on the right and I dont agree with anything they are about, they have truly lost their way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyNameIsRAVEN
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Noooo clue what I am to be honest lol...my mom (who's all about politics) says I'm a republican but not a super-duper conservative Republican.

I dunno lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jejstover
by Jan on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this

I selected "other" as I'm a Libertarian. Libertarians are often described as being fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Over the years, however, I have come to prefer the definition of Libertarianism as being in line with the non-aggression principle i.e. "We oppose the initiation of force or fraud."

Jan

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I am am proud to be Conservative and I am also a Republican

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I voted moderate republican.  I tend to agree more with the republicans than the democrats but that doesn't guarantee I'll vote that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)