• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Every Sperm is Sacred’ Clause to Oklahoma’s Personhood Bill

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 19 Replies

Brilliant Democratic State Senator Tacks ‘Every Sperm is Sacred’ Clause to Oklahoma’s Personhood Bill 

Undaunted by the monumental failure of Personhood USA's push to declare fertilized human eggs exactly the same as grown ass adults in Mississippi, conservatives in Oklahoma have pushed forward with their own Personhood Bill. But one Democratic smart*** isn't having it, and she finds the whole thing so absurd that she tacked on an amendment of her own that would outlaw the spilling of semen in any location other than a woman's vagina. 

State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City has served Oklahoma's 48th Senate District since 2005, but it was yesterday's introduction of Senate Bill 1433 that really pushed her over the edge. The bill sought to define human life as beginning at the moment of conception, before it's even implanted in the womb, and offers full legal protection to those tiny multicelled lumps. In the words of the bill, "the unborn child at every stage of development (has) all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of this state." 

Johnson submitted an amendment of her own to the bill, which would have added the language, 

However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman's vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.

That means ... 

SNIP 

Full article here: http://jezebel.com/5883026/brilliant-democratic-state-senator-tacks-every-sperm-is-sacred-clause-to-oklahomas-personhood-bill 

LOL  
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

.... every sperm is great... if a sperm is wasted,

LOL....  had to comment on the title alone. big smile mini  I appreciate humor.

Margroc24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

nanaofsix531
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Yep.  What's good for the goose...

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

The video was hilarious, I love Monty Python, and the Congress woman's stunt is kind of funny too, at least it is when I'm not thinking that these people are being paid by taxpayers.

But on a bit (OK a lot) more serious note.  This article brings a question to mind that I hope doesn't start WW3 here on CM.

I am very curious to know when people here on CM believe life to begin?  And at what point if any does abortion become morally wrong to you? 

I know I will get a lot of at conception answers, and I don't mean in any way to discount that opinion.  But believing in life beginning at conception is the most easily understandable position (at least for me) when reconciling the other question of when does abortion transform from mearly being a medical act performed on a woman to being one that is murderous to a child.

c.r.s.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I believe life begins at implantation

Quoting Mamawto4:

The video was hilarious, I love Monty Python, and the Congress woman's stunt is kind of funny too, at least it is when I'm not thinking that these people are being paid by taxpayers.

But on a bit (OK a lot) more serious note.  This article brings a question to mind that I hope doesn't start WW3 here on CM.

I am very curious to know when people here on CM believe life to begin?  And at what point if any does abortion become morally wrong to you? 

I know I will get a lot of at conception answers, and I don't mean in any way to discount that opinion.  But believing in life beginning at conception is the most easily understandable position (at least for me) when reconciling the other question of when does abortion transform from mearly being a medical act performed on a woman to being one that is murderous to a child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Forgive me, but I don't really know when that exactly happens.  Does that happen after one day, a couple days, a week?  And what is your view on abortion as it relates to your view of when life begins?

Quoting c.r.s.:

I believe life begins at implantation

Quoting Mamawto4:

Jambo4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Mamawto4:

I'm not exactly sure.. when does the spirit enter the body?  Can it come and go?  At "quickening"?  At heartbeat?  Conception does give a more concrete time.

Abortion is morally wrong IMO, when it's done for any other reason that doesn't fall into the category of health of the mother, rape, incest... even in those cases abortion isn't always a "given".  I don't find the mother's choice as morally wrong in those cases.

...but because you can't afford it, or can't keep your legs together when drunk, or condom failure etc, or it's too stressful, unplanned... ALL are morally wrong reasons to have an abortion, IMO.

WW3!!!!  LOL

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Your thoughts pretty much mirror my own on this subject.

WW3?  Did that sound understated?  Should I have said Nuclear Holocaust?

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Mamawto4:

I'm not exactly sure.. when does the spirit enter the body?  Can it come and go?  At "quickening"?  At heartbeat?  Conception does give a more concrete time.

Abortion is morally wrong IMO, when it's done for any other reason that doesn't fall into the category of health of the mother, rape, incest... even in those cases abortion isn't always a "given".  I don't find the mother's choice as morally wrong in those cases.

...but because you can't afford it, or can't keep your legs together when drunk, or condom failure etc, or it's too stressful, unplanned... ALL are morally wrong reasons to have an abortion, IMO.

WW3!!!!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)