Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Judge Napolitano GONE!!!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was flipping through the channels at 8 pm and wanted to watch the judge.  What do my eyes see?  He is snot there!!! They fired him and here is the reason why:

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
resipsa
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM

he didnt get fired. he's still there. they just cancelled his stand alone show because the ratings sucked. other shows got cancelled too.

jesusismyfriend
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

He had the highest ratings.  Over 200,000 views which for Fox was high.

jejstover
by Jan on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a big Judge Napolitano fan too and hated to hear that FreedomWatch will no longer be on the air ..  the Judge posted the following details (along with several requests to his more vocal supporters :-)  via his facebook page.

Feb 10th:

As many of you no doubt have heard, FreedomWatch will end next week. The good folks who own these studios and these cameras have other uses for them. We have had a marvelous ride together, and I know from the thousands of emails that have come our way, that you have been faithful to the message of freedom and to your Night Watchman as its temporary messenger. Your Night Watchman is not going anywhere. I will be all over the Fox News Channel, just as I was before FreedomWatch, and I might even have some surprises in store for you; not the least of which will be a grand finale sometime next week. The angels and the saints who close doors also open them.

Feb. 11th

It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably. I will continue to voice the message of freedom in many more Fox venues, and you will hear that message, and we will do our best to alert you in advance of those venues and the times that I will be on them; and we will post those alerts right here on this site. PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE FINAL FreedomWatch SHOW ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, ON FOX BUSINESS AT 8:00 PM, EASTERN TIME. You have been very strong in your views and generous in your comments about the show, but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future. God bless each of you.

Feb 13th:

Dear Friends--

Many of you are not happy with the cancellation of FreedomWatch, and you have sent emails to my Fox colleagues expressing that unhappiness. In television, shows are cancelled all the time. Two of my former shows have been cancelled, and after each cancellation, Fox has rewarded me with more and better work. This cancellation--along with others that accompanied it--was the result of a business judgment here, and is completely unrelated to the FreedomWatch message. It would make a world of a difference for all of us, if you would KINDLY STOP SENDING EMAILS TO FOX.

I am well. Your values are strong. I will continue to articulate those values here at Fox. But the emails many of you are sending are unfairly interfering with my work and that of my colleagues here. The emails even violate our values because they interfere with the use of private property. I have accepted the cancellation decision with good cheer and a sense of gearing up for the future. You should as well.

As a favor to me, and as I have asked this past weekend, PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAILS TO MY COLLEAGUES AT FOX ABOUT THE CANCELLATION OF FreedomWatch; and please stop NOW.

To keep updated on the Judge's endeavors, here's a link to his fb page: http://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano

Jan

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Why is he asking them to stop sending e-mails??

Quoting jejstover:

I'm a big Judge Napolitano fan too and hated to hear that FreedomWatch will no longer be on the air ..  the Judge posted the following details (along with several requests to his more vocal supporters :-)  via his facebook page.

Feb 10th:

As many of you no doubt have heard, FreedomWatch will end next week. The good folks who own these studios and these cameras have other uses for them. We have had a marvelous ride together, and I know from the thousands of emails that have come our way, that you have been faithful to the message of freedom and to your Night Watchman as its temporary messenger. Your Night Watchman is not going anywhere. I will be all over the Fox News Channel, just as I was before FreedomWatch, and I might even have some surprises in store for you; not the least of which will be a grand finale sometime next week. The angels and the saints who close doors also open them.

Feb. 11th

It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably. I will continue to voice the message of freedom in many more Fox venues, and you will hear that message, and we will do our best to alert you in advance of those venues and the times that I will be on them; and we will post those alerts right here on this site. PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE FINAL FreedomWatch SHOW ON MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, ON FOX BUSINESS AT 8:00 PM, EASTERN TIME. You have been very strong in your views and generous in your comments about the show, but now is the time to relax and lay low and prepare for the future. God bless each of you.

Feb 13th:

Dear Friends--

Many of you are not happy with the cancellation of FreedomWatch, and you have sent emails to my Fox colleagues expressing that unhappiness. In television, shows are cancelled all the time. Two of my former shows have been cancelled, and after each cancellation, Fox has rewarded me with more and better work. This cancellation--along with others that accompanied it--was the result of a business judgment here, and is completely unrelated to the FreedomWatch message. It would make a world of a difference for all of us, if you would KINDLY STOP SENDING EMAILS TO FOX.

I am well. Your values are strong. I will continue to articulate those values here at Fox. But the emails many of you are sending are unfairly interfering with my work and that of my colleagues here. The emails even violate our values because they interfere with the use of private property. I have accepted the cancellation decision with good cheer and a sense of gearing up for the future. You should as well.

As a favor to me, and as I have asked this past weekend, PLEASE STOP SENDING EMAILS TO MY COLLEAGUES AT FOX ABOUT THE CANCELLATION OF FreedomWatch; and please stop NOW.

To keep updated on the Judge's endeavors, here's a link to his fb page: http://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano

Jan

jesusismyfriend
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Sweet alot of people belive he was wrongly fired.   He had very high ratings so that was not the issue.  The issue at hand was that he was and is against cooperate greed and corporate welfare.  Because Fox business is sponsored by businesses and businesses pay for advertising they could not get any business due to his speaking up on the above issues.  The people are probably writing Fox hate mail, due to the fact that his show was the only one on air that stood up for and followed the constitution.

jejstover
by Jan on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Why is he asking them to stop sending e-mails??

Quoting jejstover:

Feb 10th:

Feb. 11th

Feb 13th:

Dear Friends--

Jan

He has indicated a number of reasons (via these facebook posts) why he is requesting the emails stop, such as:

"It will be far more productive for my work at Fox and the work of my friends and colleagues here--many of whom share our values--if the email traffic to Fox toned down considerably."

"The emails many of you are sending are unfairly interfering with my work and that of my colleagues here. The emails even violate our values because they interfere with the use of private property."

Jan

imamomzilla
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard someone read the transcript of what he said..."What if".

Somebody didn't like it, apparently.

sealed lip

Found it on YT:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I get that, but he (rather rudely IMO) keeps telling them to stop writing and complaining...why?

People are voicing their discontent...

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Sweet alot of people belive he was wrongly fired.   He had very high ratings so that was not the issue.  The issue at hand was that he was and is against cooperate greed and corporate welfare.  Because Fox business is sponsored by businesses and businesses pay for advertising they could not get any business due to his speaking up on the above issues.  The people are probably writing Fox hate mail, due to the fact that his show was the only one on air that stood up for and followed the constitution.

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Oh woe..

resipsa
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM

he didnt get fired. his show was cancelled due to low ratings. he'll still be on FBN and Fox News.

"October numbers to date prove to be Napolitano’s lowest rated month for total viewers (P2+) since May ’11, and the absolute lowest rated month in the demo all year, averaging a measly 50,000 total viewers, with 8,000 in the demo. He’s also down 10% in total viewers, and a whopping 43% in the demo just since last month. To make matters worse, he loses more than half of the audience that the network’s top-rated Lou Dobbs Tonight brings in on a regular basis. – Mediate.com"

"The popularity of Judge Napolitano himself, as well as his brilliant insight and opinions, do not appear to be the primary reasons for cancellation of his show.  In fact, FBN is planning on keeping the Judge for regular guest appearances, and hosting opportunities for many broadcasts they run currently, and in the future."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Freedom Watch: The economic impact of a popular host with low ratings - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/freedom-watch-the-economic-impact-of-a-popular-host-with-low-ratings#ixzz1n3eSIgaT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)