Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Virginia Republican Jokes that His Wife Refused to Have Sex With Him After He Pushed the State-Rape Bill

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

Virginia Republican Jokes that His Wife Refused to Have Sex With Him After He Pushed the State-Rape Bill

This video of Virginia state rep. Dave Albo joking about how his wife refused his overtures after seeing the contentious debate over that trans-vaginal ultrasound bill would be funny, except for the fact that it's kind of sick how light-hearted these conservative men are when discussing their efforts to punish and humiliate women seeking abortions in their state.

As Yes! Magazine's Brooke Jarvis noted on Twitter, it's telling that he can sponsor a bill mandating that an 8-10 inch probe be inserted into women's vaginas for no reason whatsoever, but can't bring himself to say the word "transvaginal."

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Don't these men realize that they are going to have a LOT more nights like that if they keep pushing these asinine bills. Good thing they passed it over for now.

I heard that those who sponsered the bill were "shocked" at the resistance. Just shows how out of touch these people are.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Theme music?  WTF???

If he can't bring himself to say transvaginal he should NEVER put it in a bill!!!!!!

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Now Pennsylvania is trying to pass a bill just like the one in Virginia.

Quoting NWP:

Don't these men realize that they are going to have a LOT more nights like that if they keep pushing these asinine bills. Good thing they passed it over for now.

I heard that those who sponsered the bill were "shocked" at the resistance. Just shows how out of touch these people are.

cjsbmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I saw that, and just signed a petition against it. I'm writing all of my legislators, too.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Now Pennsylvania is trying to pass a bill just like the one in Virginia.

Quoting NWP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN