Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This Alone Should Be Enough to Disqualify Obama for Re-Election

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 102 Replies
10 moms liked this

A quick glance at the Federal Debt Clock shows the following...

A number growing really fast but as of 6 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday it's at $15,588,614,000,000 and getting bigger really fast.

Our current administration has added a third of that total in three years. That number was $8.67 trillion in January of 2007 when Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House, Harry Reid took over the Senate, and Barack Obama became a Senator. http://www.redstate.com/california_y...peaker-pelosi/

Of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, Democrats have controlled two of those three if not all three every year since 2007, and in those five years we have seen the total debt for a nation that is more than 230 years old almost double.

And what's scary, is that our current president doesn't even talk about it. The debt will reach 16 trillion before election day and would reach more than 20 trillion before the end of a second Obama term...And Obama and his party won't even pass a budget. That level of fiscal incompetence all by itself is reason enough to send the Democrats packing.

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadenn766
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM

rolling on floor

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM
7 moms liked this
What happen with that republican congress that was going to cut spending?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM
5 moms liked this

bad

He's more interested in speculating what Barry Jr. would look like, and what vacation to plan next than doing his JOB. Work is for boring people.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What happen with that republican congress that was going to cut spending?

"In negotiating the budget deal that averted a government shutdown, Democrats and the White House claimed a big victory in preventing Republicans from blocking a set of environmental regulations. But as details of the compromise became known Tuesday, it was clear Republicans had won deep reductions in spending at the Environmental Protection Agency.

Under the deal headed to House and Senate votes by the end of this week, the EPA's 2011 budget would be reduced by 16% from 2010 spending, taking it to $8.7 billion.

That reflects the kind of tradeoffs each side made in the negotiations over the bill. The legislation doesn't include most of the policy provisions that Republicans proposed to block funding for key administration priorities on health care, the environment and other issues. But Republicans found Democrats moving more than halfway in the compromise over how much to cut spending in the $1.05 trillion bill for the remaining six months of the 2011 fiscal year.

Democrats had wanted to freeze spending; Republicans sought $61 billion in cuts from 2010 levels. The final bill calls for about $39 billion in cuts—the largest one-time federal spending reduction in history."

Wall Street Journal Link

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM

imamomzilla
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM
6 moms liked this

It's Bush's fault he can't pass a budget. Leave it at that. The minions will never get it.

Like Politics? Join Us!

jejstover
by Jan on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM
8 moms liked this

As long as Congress and the White House are occupied by the status quo (from both the Democrat and Republican Parties) it's not likely that we will see real change in the way business is done (money is allocated and debt is acquired).

It's waaaay past time for some fiscal common sense and cutting through all the empty campaign promises and political pandering (on both sides of the isle) --- we need some serious spending cuts  (as proposed by Ron Paul and Libertarians running for office) to save our country from financial ruin.

Jan

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

bad

He's more interested in speculating what Barry Jr. would look like, and what vacation to plan next than doing his JOB. Work is for boring people.

is this going to be your new theme now?  I guess if the killing of innocent unarmed black teenagers hit more home to you, you would not keep using this as a talking point. 

imamomzilla
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

A talking point? It's a current event. *shrugs

Emotion and pure hysteria are the only things that some liberals react to. Thank you for proving my point.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting imamomzilla:

bad

is this going to be your new theme now?  I guess if the killing of innocent unarmed black teenagers hit more home to you, you would not keep using this as a talking point. 

denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

A talking point? It's a current event. *shrugs

Emotion and pure hysteria are the only things that some liberals react to. Thank you for proving my point.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting imamomzilla:

bad

hysteria???  how is that. I am not hysterical about anything.  proving what point, zilla?  It is current events, but have turned into your talking point along with all these other posts youare creating showing black crime on whites, maybe that is very telling about the type of person you are.  You assume that people are not angry or disturbed about anyone dying violently and senslessly, but you would be wrong. This case makes me angry, because it hits close to home, my cousins, my nephews, my husband.  You think its a joke others do not.  I am going to leave this alone with you, my replies are getting harder to remain cordial with you.  good day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN