Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This Alone Should Be Enough to Disqualify Obama for Re-Election

Posted by   + Show Post

A quick glance at the Federal Debt Clock shows the following...

A number growing really fast but as of 6 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday it's at $15,588,614,000,000 and getting bigger really fast.

Our current administration has added a third of that total in three years. That number was $8.67 trillion in January of 2007 when Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House, Harry Reid took over the Senate, and Barack Obama became a Senator. http://www.redstate.com/california_y...peaker-pelosi/

Of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, Democrats have controlled two of those three if not all three every year since 2007, and in those five years we have seen the total debt for a nation that is more than 230 years old almost double.

And what's scary, is that our current president doesn't even talk about it. The debt will reach 16 trillion before election day and would reach more than 20 trillion before the end of a second Obama term...And Obama and his party won't even pass a budget. That level of fiscal incompetence all by itself is reason enough to send the Democrats packing.

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM

HEY A!

Long time, no see :)

-E

Quoting asfriend:

What republican congress? The Republicans overwhelmingly won the house in 2009. It will not be until this next election that they will overwhlemingly win the Senate.

So, you understand, no one was promoting "cuts" in spending, Responsible people were promoting reductions in the rate of increase.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What happen with that republican congress that was going to cut spending?

Citygirlk
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Thats not what i meant.

And i think every elected official does that. he has been looking out for the best interest of the country bail outs and all, if it wasn't for those i think we would still be in a big shit hole and the economy wouldn't be looking as good as it does now (not saying that the economy is in great condition).

Quoting Mamawto4:

Saying "do what I tell you to do" is not leading.

And can you not see, even in your own statement below, that President Obama was doing exactly what you say congress does?  If he was "watching his step" so that he could get reelected, wasn't he just looking out for HIS own interest, rather than "thinking about the country and it's people"?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Its not that hes a poor leader he just need to grow some balls and step up to these peope and say hey you guys need to stop looking iut for your own interest and start thinking about the country and its people.
But sadly it most likely wont happen unless he get reelected. I honestly think he spent this whole time watching his step so he would get reelected knoeing the reps would do any and everything to try to get him out. IMO

Quoting Mamawto4:

I place the blame for not passing a budget on the President much more than I do on Congress.

I fully recognize that it is congress that will ultimately vote whether to pass a budget or not.  It is the President who is supposed to LEAD such matters.  And, this is my biggest gripe with Obama, he is a poor leader.  Leading, does not mean stating your position and expecting things to go your way.  Leading does not mean, cutting out the other side from having any say.  Leading does not mean kicking the can down the road.  Leading does not mean deflecting blame.  Leading does not mean photo ops and campaign slogans.  Leading does not mean pet projects, and backroom deals.  Leading does not mean being less than straight to the citizens.  Leading does not mean coercion.

Leadership is a talant and a skill.  President Obama is blessed with the gift of charisma.  Charisma enables him to walk into a room and instantly be liked.  President Obama is a gifted and talented speaker, even without the teleprompters.  He is a very intelligent man with the ability to see cause and effect.  These are all necessary ingredients for leadership.  But he's not using them to lead.

Leadership ultimately means persuading people to want to follow your direction.  When it comes to the budget, President Obama hasn't even been able to persuade his own party to want to follow his direction, let alone anyone else.  This is simply poor leadership.

butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Bush debt figures are inaccurate because all the war spending, and many other spending commitments such as medicare part D, were "off the books" and weren't disclosed in the official figures - and the economic meltdown that began in 2007 not only destoryed 15% of the naitona's wealth it also resulted in lost revenues of MORE than half the total annual deficit. 

So Obama's actions are not the cause of the debt, and there has been no massive increase in spending.

That said, we DO need to significantly cut spending AND we must increase revenues - and with Republicans in lock step against any revenue increases even the most sensible, why would we trust Republicans to find a solution?

Citygirlk
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry i never heard him say that he wants to be dictator or that he wants a utopia. i think you need to check your news source. and hoping that the president doesn't succeed in fixing the finical problem is exactly why this mess won't be fixed any faster than it is.

Quoting asfriend:

Since his view of utopia is him being an unopposed dictator of a third world country, I hope he never is able to succeed.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Its not that hes a poor leader he just need to grow some balls and step up to these peope and say hey you guys need to stop looking iut for your own interest and start thinking about the country and its people.

Mamawto4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this

The House of Representatives just rejected Obama's latest budget by 414 to 0.  Last year the Senate rejected his budget by 97 to 0.  Not even one single Democrat is willing to vote for Obama's idea of a budget. 

Obama can't even pursuade one Democrate to follow him.  That's about as far from leadership as I can imagine.

asfriend
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM

He is not trying to help the financial mess. The worse that  the financial mess gets the better for him. Every policy that he promotes is bad for the middle class. He is in bed with Wall Street, and he redistributes money to the poor. The more people that he can knock out of the middle class,  and make tham dependent on Government, the better for him.

Quoting Citygirlk:

sorry i never heard him say that he wants to be dictator or that he wants a utopia. i think you need to check your news source. and hoping that the president doesn't succeed in fixing the finical problem is exactly why this mess won't be fixed any faster than it is.

Quoting asfriend:

Since his view of utopia is him being an unopposed dictator of a third world country, I hope he never is able to succeed.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Abaco
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Good post....thanks

gammie
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Will this should tell you they are all in this mess. Obama had D. congress and did nothing and now R.congress is doing the same NOTHING!

I ask Why is our government not doing what it has to do to get us back on the right road?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What happen with that republican congress that was going to cut spending?

Citygirlk
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

how does it help him again? and what so bad about redistributing money to the poor people who need it instead of the rich who don't?  once again you don't make sense this man cares for the middle class and the poor that's what his campaign ran on in 2008 and will run on now, as i remember he wants to tax the super rich and give tax breaks to the middle class. what i don't understand is why people have a problem with this it was done in this country before why not go back to that way.

Quoting asfriend:

He is not trying to help the financial mess. The worse that  the financial mess gets the better for him. Every policy that he promotes is bad for the middle class. He is in bed with Wall Street, and he redistributes money to the poor. The more people that he can knock out of the middle class,  and make tham dependent on Government, the better for him.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Citygirlk:

chelsieb84
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Very interesting post.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN