Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This Alone Should Be Enough to Disqualify Obama for Re-Election

Posted by   + Show Post

A quick glance at the Federal Debt Clock shows the following...

A number growing really fast but as of 6 AM Pacific Time on Tuesday it's at $15,588,614,000,000 and getting bigger really fast.

Our current administration has added a third of that total in three years. That number was $8.67 trillion in January of 2007 when Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House, Harry Reid took over the Senate, and Barack Obama became a Senator. http://www.redstate.com/california_y...peaker-pelosi/

Of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, Democrats have controlled two of those three if not all three every year since 2007, and in those five years we have seen the total debt for a nation that is more than 230 years old almost double.

And what's scary, is that our current president doesn't even talk about it. The debt will reach 16 trillion before election day and would reach more than 20 trillion before the end of a second Obama term...And Obama and his party won't even pass a budget. That level of fiscal incompetence all by itself is reason enough to send the Democrats packing.

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Replies (71-80):
TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Mar. 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Quoting jejstover:

As long as Congress and the White House are occupied by the status quo (from both the Democrat and Republican Parties) it's not likely that we will see real change in the way business is done (money is allocated and debt is acquired).

It's waaaay past time for some fiscal common sense and cutting through all the empty campaign promises and political pandering (on both sides of the isle) --- we need some serious spending cuts  (as proposed by Ron Paul and Libertarians running for office) to save our country from financial ruin.

Jan

JanetMonroe1991
by Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah cause his party has TOTAL control of congress....oh wait...silly me that must have someone else's congress in the fanasty world that repubs live in where everyone has puppies and children, corperations are people, and you don't need control of both chambers of congress to get things done. i could post video clips of repub house members who don't even understand how congress works but since when have facts ever meant anything to the birther party?

Bonneata
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Quite frankly I am surprised the pres. Has accomplished anything the congress fights all day like spoiled children. No body is working together . There is little to zero give and take from either side especially the republicans. There is nothing unreasonable about wanting close tax loopholes there is also nothing unreasonable about changing requirements of food stamps and welfare programs. However. I have redid the republican plan and it scares me silly. Obamas plan isn't perfect but it still cuts debt and as I am concerned its a good start.
Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Quoting JanetMonroe1991:

yeah cause his party has TOTAL control of congress....oh wait...silly me that must have someone else's congress in the fanasty world that repubs live in where everyone has puppies and children, corperations are people, and you don't need control of both chambers of congress to get things done. i could post video clips of repub house members who don't even understand how congress works but since when have facts ever meant anything to the birther party?

And the opposition is likely to increase id Obama is re-elected, as the GOP has some good prospects of gaining seats.  Why not Romney? He is a strong bipartisan leader who has experience streamlining organizations and an aptitude for fiscal matters.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Quoting Bonneata:

Quite frankly I am surprised the pres. Has accomplished anything the congress fights all day like spoiled children. No body is working together . There is little to zero give and take from either side especially the republicans. There is nothing unreasonable about wanting close tax loopholes there is also nothing unreasonable about changing requirements of food stamps and welfare programs. However. I have redid the republican plan and it scares me silly. Obamas plan isn't perfect but it still cuts debt and as I am concerned its a good start.

Did you read Obama's interpretation of it?  If so, I would proceed with caution, because he speculated and guessed a whole lot about the details of Paul Ryan's budget plan.

Dolphinslight
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:10 AM

I totally agree, He need to be removed, we cant take another term withpraying Obama 

lga1965
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html?_r=1

With President Obama and Republican leaders calling for cutting the budget by trillions over the next 10 years, it is worth asking how we got here — from healthy surpluses at the end of the Clinton era, and the promise of future surpluses, to nine straight years of deficits, including the $1.3 trillion shortfall in 2010. The answer is largely the Bush-era tax cuts, war spending in Iraq and Afghanistan, and recessions.

lga1965
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html?_r=1

CONT:

A few lessons can be drawn from the numbers. First, the Bush tax cuts have had a huge damaging effect. If all of them expired as scheduled at the end of 2012, future deficits would be cut by about half, to sustainable levels. Second, a healthy budget requires a healthy economy; recessions wreak havoc by reducing tax revenue. Government has to spur demand and create jobs in a deep downturn, even though doing so worsens the deficit in the short run. Third, spending cuts alone will not close the gap. The chronic revenue shortfalls from serial tax cuts are simply too deep to fill with spending cuts alone. Taxes have to go up.

In future decades, when rising health costs with an aging population hit the budget in full force, deficits are projected to be far deeper than they are now. Effective health care reform, and a willingness to pay more taxes, will be the biggest factors in controlling those deficits.

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

NEITHER party is willing to pass a budget  They both put theirs on the table and are now acting like children not wanting to compromise.

butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Just to put it out there, Congress is the one that appropriates all the money.  I mean, if we want to really blame people for how much in the hole we are and the bad choices their making, why don't people get as angry with them as they seem to with whoever is President?  The POTUS doesn't actually appropriate any money for anything...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)