Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Obama is now stumping for children to convince their “grandparents” to vote for her husband.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 73 Replies

http://www.wncoam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104707?feed=104707&article=9988382#ixzz1qzgE1g6X

Michelle Obama, who has quickly become the Obama campaign’s tip of the spear when it comes to fundraising and vote-getting, is now stumping for children to convince their “great-grandparents” to vote for her husband. At an event at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park – for which tickets cost at least $500 – Michelle said:

I mean, I can’t tell you in the last election how many grandparents I ran into who said, I wasn’t going to vote for Barack Obama until my grandson talked to me, until my great-grandson talked to me, and talked about the future he wanted for this country.

You can get out there with your parents. You guys can knock on doors. I had one young lady who brought me a petition — she’s already working. You can convince wrong people. Sometimes we don’t listen to ourselves, but we will listen to our children.

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abaco
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:02 PM

You can convince wrong people.LOL....would that be the left ?  Certainly not the right ; )

Sometimes we don’t listen to ourselves, but we will listen to our children.I'll do that.....my kids love Santorum !  They're absolutely right !

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM
5 moms liked this

I think the idea she was getting across was that families should talk to each other about politics and the election, and of course she wants people to vote for her husband.  I talk with my parents and learned how they are more apathetic than me about the current election cycle.

_Kissy_
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Someone needs to talk to the grandparents and get their minds out of the 40s and 50s and vote for a better future for their future generations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Someone needs to talk to the grandparents and get their minds out of the 40s and 50s and vote for a better future for their future generations

well.....I don't need my grandkids to tell me---I am voting for Obama ...and even tho I was born in 1941, I am living in the present!  I'm here---in 2012. big smile mini

You go Michele! I really admire her.

ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM
8 moms liked this

I am happy to see my children have conversations with my parents about politics and current events BUT I would be mortified if my children even began to presume that a soundbite or catch phrase (Hope and Change) they heard from the Obama's entitled them to be so disrespectful as to assume they know better than their Grandparents.  

It is the children who should be listening to the wisdom and experience of their grandparents. Not the other way around.

lga1965
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

I am happy to see my children have conversations with my parents about politics and current events BUT I would be mortified if my children even began to presume that a soundbite or catch phrase (Hope and Change) they heard from the Obama's entitled them to be so disrespectful as to assume they know better than their Grandparents.  

It is the children who should be listening to the wisdom and experience of their grandparents. Not the other way around.

oh really?

_Kissy_
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
:) your a rare granny
Thank you for staying informed :p

And Michelle is the best first lady in a very long time

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting _Kissy_:

well.....I don't need my grandkids to tell me---I am voting for Obama ...and even tho I was born in 1941, I am living in the present!  I'm here---in 2012. big smile mini

You go Michele! I really admire her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
People who ignore history are doomed to vote republican
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExecutiveChick
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, really!

A campaign speech, a television commercial, a Facebook page or twitter DO NOT trump actual life experience. 

This concept of turning the children into the adults, or even making their opinions equal to adults is a major problem in our society. A child who has never had a real job, never paid taxes, never had a family of their own to support, never had to create a budget, pay bills, etc... Has no business telling their elders how to vote or what to believe about politics or the economy. (PERIOD!)

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

oh really?

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I talk to my 69yo mother all the time about politics - we can yakk for hours.  And we do debate and trade ideas.  We each have our own unique perspectives and study different facets of the issues.

She's become incredibly well-read on local politics in her area, that's her big focus so I love to listen to her about that. 

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Yes, really!

A campaign speech, a television commercial, a Facebook page or twitter DO NOT trump actual life experience. 

This concept of turning the children into the adults, or even making their opinions equal to adults is a major problem in our society. A child who has never had a real job, never paid taxes, never had a family of their own to support, never had to create a budget, pay bills, etc... Has no business telling their elders how to vote or what to believe about politics or the economy. (PERIOD!)

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

oh really?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)