Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Michelle Obama is now stumping for children to convince their “grandparents” to vote for her husband.

http://www.wncoam.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104707?feed=104707&article=9988382#ixzz1qzgE1g6X

Michelle Obama, who has quickly become the Obama campaign’s tip of the spear when it comes to fundraising and vote-getting, is now stumping for children to convince their “great-grandparents” to vote for her husband. At an event at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park – for which tickets cost at least $500 – Michelle said:

I mean, I can’t tell you in the last election how many grandparents I ran into who said, I wasn’t going to vote for Barack Obama until my grandson talked to me, until my great-grandson talked to me, and talked about the future he wanted for this country.

You can get out there with your parents. You guys can knock on doors. I had one young lady who brought me a petition — she’s already working. You can convince wrong people. Sometimes we don’t listen to ourselves, but we will listen to our children.

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

In what was was she trying to control their minds?

Quoting Jambo4:

Since I am the one that brought up Hitler, I'll explain my comment further.  I said that this reminded me of the Hitler Youth.  Hitler wanted to control the minds of the children.  The Deutsches Jungvolk and then when they were older, Hitler Jugend (and the girls version Jungmadelbund and Bund Deutscher for the older girls). Hitler's goal was to indoctrinate the youth to his ideology early on and then have them go about being his spies and his mouthpieces to influence (and tattle) on those within their personal spheres.

THAT is what I meant with my comparison. (not Hitler's particular indoctrination propaganda.)  I believe Obama has his own propaganda that he'd love the youth to take up and spread around. 

sugarsmom2
by Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:19 PM

at first i did not like her that well . as time passes i find she is great . she is doing what any wife would do to help her husband . why are you so jealous of her ? she is good with people .

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering that too.

Quoting Mamawto4:

Who are these people who are great-grandparents that would change their whole political line of thinking because a child said they wanted a future where Obama's policies prevailed.  What a crock!  Total BS.  It is nothing more than an attempt to divert from an indoctrination of the young.

CafeMom Tickers
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I can give you two that I heard with my own ears. 1988 and 1996 at local campaign events. Unfortunately for me, I could not find links to their speeches. I am not surprised however. Nobody cared about the comments because that is what people expect a wife campaigning for her husband to say. Why else is she there? I do not like the fact that Mrs. Obama used the word "wrong" but other than that, I do not understand why this is a big deal or newsworthy at all.

Quoting Carpy:

Give me one example of any former first lady encouraging children to pursuade their grandparents to vote for their husband.  Just one.

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

So I guess Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan etc etc had the same propaganda campaigns going then right? Ever since wives of presidential candidates have been actively campaigning for their husbands, these kinds of events have occurred and similar comments have been made. Why is it so bad this time? Oh wait, never mind. I know the answer.

Quoting Jambo4:

Since I am the one that brought up Hitler, I'll explain my comment further.  I said that this reminded me of the Hitler Youth.  Hitler wanted to control the minds of the children.  The Deutsches Jungvolk and then when they were older, Hitler Jugend (and the girls version Jungmadelbund and Bund Deutscher for the older girls). Hitler's goal was to indoctrinate the youth to his ideology early on and then have them go about being his spies and his mouthpieces to influence (and tattle) on those within their personal spheres.

THAT is what I meant with my comparison. (not Hitler's particular indoctrination propaganda.)  I believe Obama has his own propaganda that he'd love the youth to take up and spread around. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommygiggles317
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting asfriend:

Well for 1 thing, Hitler didn't have the nuclear codes.

Quoting mommygiggles317:

Quoting asfriend:

There is probably some truth to that, Obama has the real potential to be much, much worse.

Quoting mommygiggles317:

badPresident Obama and Hitler do not belong in the same sentence... Very disrespectful...

Really, what's more worst than gas chambers, experiments, destroying families, etc? Maybe you should read the diary of Anne Frank and then talk to me... President Obama and HItler do not belong in the same sentence... I don't care if you like the man or not, just be real...

Since the atom bomb, every POTUS has had them. That's common knowledge. Higher-ups in other nations know this. Why do you think that with the exception of 911 there have not been no foreign attacks on our soil. Domestic, yes. Foreign, like I said...

What is it that's in your heart that makes you to try and compare President Obama's policies to those of Hitler? Trying to get this country on the road to universal health care is wrong? As a response to everything that happened in 2008, trying to put some regulations back in place is wrong? Trying to figure out innovative ways to improve our education system is wrong? Trying to make our middle-class strong again is wrong? Standing up for a woman's right to privacy is wrong?... This is what's really in your heart? To put our President on par with an a animal the likes of Adolf Hitler? If Hitler had his way I certainly for one, would not be here. If you were not apart of his so-called "master race", you were of no use.This is what's in your heart?...

love you signExercising Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding...

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

LOL... I'm not surprised either.

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

I can give you two that I heard with my own ears. 1988 and 1996 at local campaign events. Unfortunately for me, I could not find links to their speeches. I am not surprised however. Nobody cared about the comments because that is what people expect a wife campaigning for her husband to say. Why else is she there? I do not like the fact that Mrs. Obama used the word "wrong" but other than that, I do not understand why this is a big deal or newsworthy at all.

Quoting Carpy:

Give me one example of any former first lady encouraging children to pursuade their grandparents to vote for their husband.  Just one.

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

So I guess Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan etc etc had the same propaganda campaigns going then right? Ever since wives of presidential candidates have been actively campaigning for their husbands, these kinds of events have occurred and similar comments have been made. Why is it so bad this time? Oh wait, never mind. I know the answer.

Quoting Jambo4:

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I could care less if you believe it or not. The fact is that Mrs. Obama did not say anything unusual or inappropriate (with the exception of the use of the word "wrong"). Do you really think she is going to get up there and say "Please tell your grandparents to vote for the other guy."? I am far more concerned about the fact that you are comparing this to what Hitler did. But, I am not really surprised about that either.

Quoting Jambo4:

LOL... I'm not surprised either.

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

Quoting Jambo4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 1:53 AM

My F#c%ing  A$$. I was a HISTORY MAJOR in College and we I'm A conservative republican. Just because you are liberal and you know history does not make you smart that a HISTORY MAJOR who is a REPUBLICAN  

Quoting _Kissy_:

People who ignore history are doomed to vote republican

m3lissa_16
by Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Being kids doesn't mean they don't have anything good to offer when it comes to opinions and politics! I hardly think offering their opinions and beliefs in these matters condones disrespect.

It is great that certain kids were able to open their grandparent's minds, to vote not only for what's best for the present, but for what will make the future brighter for others, as well!

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

Yes, really!

A campaign speech, a television commercial, a Facebook page or twitter DO NOT trump actual life experience. 

This concept of turning the children into the adults, or even making their opinions equal to adults is a major problem in our society. A child who has never had a real job, never paid taxes, never had a family of their own to support, never had to create a budget, pay bills, etc... Has no business telling their elders how to vote or what to believe about politics or the economy. (PERIOD!)

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting ExecutiveChick:

I am happy to see my children have conversations with my parents about politics and current events BUT I would be mortified if my children even began to presume that a soundbite or catch phrase (Hope and Change) they heard from the Obama's entitled them to be so disrespectful as to assume they know better than their Grandparents.  

It is the children who should be listening to the wisdom and experience of their grandparents. Not the other way around.

oh really?

¡El pueblo unido, jamás será vencido!

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you. My daughter does not like Miss OBUMMER at all and she is 3 ( I hate her, she is the worst First lady in history. she only cares about her own agenda, not what is good for this country....... Nacey Reagan Always...... I'm only 20 and i love everything she stood for) Any who My 3YEAR OLD Love Ron Paul ( he looks like her Grandfather) And so dose Mommy. Why? he is Pro-life, wants to Abolish the Brady Bill, Income tax, Drill here, support alterative fuel + natural gas, Abolish Fuel Tax, Support Export ( from US ), Kill of FDA ( fake greedy group that dose not care about your health and is always try to kill you). I can't remember everything that i love about Paul. oh yeah I JUST LOVE HIM 

Quoting gammie:

Because of the future of this country this grandmother WILL NOT VOTE for Obama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN