Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

In My Eyes, What Republicans Are Doing Is Evil

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

It is a good idea to use a measuring stick when we look at anything in life. How would we know how high or low a level something is or how good or bad something or someone is if we don’t compare it to something safe and stable? Well, when it comes to life, we can use our eyes to compare or test stuff…and people, to make sure it or they measure up to a standard that is acceptable in modern times, to what we should come to accept from our leaders, from the companies who employ us and use the earth’s resources for some type of profit…and even the friends who take us down that long road and leave us there. We have to use our eyes, to measure our values.

I write this to compare some of the things that are happening in real time, right now in America, things that we can see. I first look at the companies that are raping, pillaging and plundering our earth’s precious and finite resources for the purpose of profit at the expense of the earth, the environment and the biological ecosystem, flora and fauna that depend on the areas affected, for their very survival. Companies like BP and Exxon Mobil…chemical companies, mining companies and companies that use destructive practices like frackingto get products to sell on the energy markets immediately come to mind. These companies can be called the Merchants of Death, as these companies could use safer more humane ways to get their products without all the wanton waste and destruction…In my eyes, that is evil.

Next I look at our leaders and in particular the politicians who support these companies and take actions that support these companies against the well being of the American people…people who voted for them and who should be their main focus. For the last 60 years or more, it has become commonplace for the Republicans to support these companies, making the companies’ strong-armed ‘will’ felt…like a “cat o’ nine tails” on the backs of the people who work for them and the people who buy their products. We consume their products at the expense of our environment and our children’s futures, as we do not leave a healthy planet for our children to inherit. In my eyes…that is evil.

We have seen over the years and indeed more so in recent times, a revamped push by the Republicans to attack and oppress the poor and working class at the behest of the companies in an apparent attempt to squeeze every last drop of blood, sweat and tears from a public that is already reeling from the devastating effects of a Republican recession, caused by the mismanagement of the economy by Republicans and their misguided policies. In my eyes…that is evil.

I do not want to convert anyone to one political party or another, I simply want to use the idea of good versus evil to shine a light on all these terrible policies and practices that are thrust upon us by companies and politicians… corrupt Republican politicians, whose marriage to these companies and their practices are just unacceptable and downright…evil.

When men take a stand on policy and ideology that are destructive to the public, we have to look at their actions and the effects of those actions to determine who these men really are inside…are they seeking the interests of the people, the good of the people, or they trying by their actions, to harm the people…the public…you and I…our children?

When politicians use policies that take away human rights, the rights to proper healthcare, the rights to decent, safe standards and conditions at work, the right to have a living wage that is reflective of the high cost of living, we can see the inside of these men…and if their actions result in the suffering and ultimate untimely death of people, in my eyes, they work on the side of evil.

You constantly see them attack us in other areas, like the banking sector, the health insurance industry, the Military Industrial Complex that uses our kids as fodder sent to die in their wars, the apparent ‘War on Women’, their attack on Teachers and our children’s education, they say education is for snobs…Yes indeed, the Republicans are on the attack, undermining America from within. Don’t be fooled by their words…See them by their actions and the deadly results of such actions. In my eyes, that is evil.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/08/in-my-eyes-what-republicans-are-doing-is-evil/

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM
6 moms liked this

Why do you post such drivel?

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Evil?  Really?  That's a bot strong, don't you think?

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

*bit

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this

going crazy

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM
3 moms liked this

rolling on floor

Thanks, I really needed a good laugh! Oh, that was awesome!

imagirlgeek
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
9 moms liked this

The author of the article said that the Republicans have been propping up these companies for 60 years or more?  Okay, let's look at 100 years just to work with a round number.

Democrats had control of the Presidency and the Congress from 1913 - 1919, 1933 - 1947, 1949 - 1953, 1961 - 1969, 1977 - 1981, 1993 - 1995, and 2009 - 2011.  So...in the last 100 years, the Dems have had 100% control for a total of 40 years.  The Reps have had 100% control for a total of 16 years.  And it was split a total of 44 years.  I think the Democrats have had ample time to make changes had they truly wanted to.  Looking at these numbers, basically the author of this article is saying that the Republicans are so extraordinarily brilliant that they were able to do everything in their master plan of complete economic destruction of the middle class in less than 1/2 the time in office than the Democrats had.   This doesn't even make sense.  If we are going to point fingers and place blame, let's at least be honest about it.  Both parties have their hands and pockets open to the special interest groups.  There is no one in politics with a halo.

You could also say that the oil companies provide a product that we, as consumers, are more than happy to keep buying.  This keeps up demand, and creates the market.  These companies ALSO provide jobs for hundreds of thousands of people.  What I see as 'evil' is shutting down these companies, resulting in job loss and a greater dependence on imports, without providing anything to export, resulting in a country of consumers.  If the U.S. continues to consume more than we create, I don't know what will happen.  But I'm betting it's an ugly future.  

As for the Military Industrial Complex...that also can be blamed on both parties, although the major conflicts appear to have occurred during Democratic watch.  Maybe it's just a coincidence though.

WW1 - Woodrow Wilson and Democratic Congress

WW2 - FDR and Democratic Congress

Korea - Truman and Democratic Congress

Vietnam - LBJ and Democratic Congress

Occupation of the Dominican Republic - LBJ and Democratic Congress

Grenada - Reagan and split Congress

Lebanese Civil War - Reagan and split Congress

Panama - George H. W. Bush and Democratic Congress

Gulf War - George H. W. Bush and Democratic Congress

Bosnia - Clinton and Democratic Congress

Kosovo - Clinton and Republican Congress

Afghanistan - Bush and split Congress

Iraq - Bush and Republican Congress

Uganda - Obama and Democratic Congress

Libya - Obama and split Congress

I don't really know what the point of the article is exactly, but it's easily proven to be highly emotional, and well, wrong.  If they want to state that they believe the Republicans are inefficient leaders, I could probably buy that more than they are 'evil'.  But I think it's insulting to expect people to believe this trash when it is so easy to look at history and get the truth.

--------------------------------------------
You don't have to be judgmental and be like "Oh, he's using his freedom the wrong way!  I want him to use his freedom the way I use my freedom!"  You can't do that. You have to be tolerant.  People say "Oh no, you can't be tolerant. What if they do something you don't like?" Tolerance does not mean endorsement.  -- Ron Paul
Paperfishies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel the same way about liberals AND repubs. Obviously neither is good for this country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Melodramatic much?

How are we supposed to have intelligent discussions and learn anything with all this partisan garbage? This type of thing just helps widen the divide.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
What SOME Republicans are doing.

Just like what SOME Democrats are doing...

Evil is not just a "one-party" theme...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM
EXACTLY

Quoting Friday:

Melodramatic much?

How are we supposed to have intelligent discussions and learn anything with all this partisan garbage? This type of thing just helps widen the divide.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)