Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

‘Women Make Less Than Men Because Money Is More Important To Men’

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
  • 79 Replies

Wisconsin Republican State senator  Glenn Grothman, the same guy who previously created a billequating single parenthood to child abuse  and claimed that unplanned pregnancies are a “woman’s choice,” fine-tuned his ever-growing lack of reason and credibility recently when he said that “money is more important to men,” according to The Daily Beast. After all, all those women postponing having children are probably doing so not because they are saddled with student loans and pursuing Master’s Degrees, but mostly so they have money to spend on nail polish, hair brushes, and thongs.

Grothman, who readily voted to repeal Wisconsin’s “equal pay law” last week, calling it a ”no brainer,”  doesn’t need all of those myriad of studies that show the existence of pay gaps; he knows that it’s just a myth driven by all those feminazi sluts. Grothman blamed females for prioritizing childrearing and homemaking over generating an income, which is interesting considering that Grothman and Republicans essentially treat women as babymakers.

From The Daily Beast:

Whatever gaps exist, he insists, stem from women’s decision to prioritize childrearing over their careers. “Take a hypothetical husband and wife who are both lawyers,” he says. “But the husband is working 50 or 60 hours a week, going all out, making 200 grand a year. The woman takes time off, raises kids, is not go go go. Now they’re 50 years old. The husband is making 200 grand a year, the woman is making 40 grand a year. It wasn’t discrimination. There was a different sense of urgency in each person.” [...]

Grothman doesn’t accept these studies. When I ran the numbers by him, he replied, “The American Association of University Women is a pretty liberal group.” Nor, he argued, does its conclusion take into account other factors, like “goals in life. You could argue that money is more important for men. I think a guy in their first job, maybe because they expect to be a breadwinner someday, may be a little more money-conscious. To attribute everything to a so-called bias in the workplace is just not true.”

You think Grothman can hear us from all the way in th 1950s?

Among other hilariously erroneous fallacies that Grothman subscribes to is the notion that only men “expect to be a breadwinner someday,” despite women being  primary or co-breadwinners in roughly two-thirds of American families while still making less than their male counterparts.

Is it really a chestnut of a puzzle that Grothman, despite being 56 years of age, has never been married (or even had a date with something that doesn’t inflate) or had children, according to hisWikipedia page. That’s the equivalent of being overweight and lecturing people on carbs.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/09/wisconsin-republican-lawmaker-women-make-less-than-men-because-money-is-more-important-to-men/

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I can guaran-fucking-tee you that money is every bit as important to me as it is to every other person on this planet, regardless of their plumbing, and it has nothing to do with shoes.

But on the whole, I think he's just adorable.  Really.  He should never shut up.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

HOLD THE PHONES. Really?  I did not know this.  Color me surprised that no fine lady has snatched this catch right on up and personally carried his offspring in her precious womb.

Ok, here is where I tilt my head to the side and go,  yeah huh.

Quote:

Is it really a chestnut of a puzzle that Grothman, despite being 56 years of age, has never been married (or even had a date with something that doesn’t inflate) or had children, according to hisWikipedia page
_Kissy_
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM

My radar is going off.. beep beep beep..

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

HOLD THE PHONES. Really?  I did not know this.  Color me surprised that no fine lady has snatched this catch right on up and personally carried his offspring in her precious womb.

Quote:

Is it really a chestnut of a puzzle that Grothman, despite being 56 years of age, has never been married (or even had a date with something that doesn’t inflate) or had children, according to hisWikipedia page

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So, just because it's that obvious a question...  What's his record on gay rights?

Quoting _Kissy_:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quote:

_Kissy_
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

GOP Bill Labels All Single-Parent And All Gay Households As Child Abuse

State Sen. Glenn Grothman on life as a gay teen

I notice the New York Times is soliciting personal stories about life as a gay teen. Wisconsin State Senator Glenn Grothman has one:
"Did people even know what homosexuality was in high school in 1975? I don't remember any discussion about that at the time. There were a few guys who would make fun of a few effeminate boys," he said, "but that's a different thing than homosexuality."
Grothman is among the most powerful WISGOPers in the legislature: It's like a nightmare, but without the being chased (by a gay homosexual).
Children are more commonly chased by some fantasy figure.
That would be Glenn Grothman's sleeping and waking nightmare.

Sex education

He opposed a provision in a 2010 sex education law that prohibited teachers from promoting bias based on sexual orientation, saying that he did not believe the topic should be discussed at all in the public schools. According to the Capitol Times, Grothman's opposition was based on "the belief that instructors who lead these talks would have what he called an "agenda" to persuade students to become gay."[10] Grothman believes the kindergarten program for 4-year-olds should be defunded by Governor Scott Walker because any academic benefits disappear by the fourth grade, and the program is used by school districts to pad their budgets to get more state aid.[11]

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

So, just because it's that obvious a question...  What's his record on gay rights?

Quoting _Kissy_:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quote:

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I have a few thing to address.... If a women agrees to have SEX and gets pregnant IT WAS PLANNED.

Money dose matter more to men they have to care for their families. Why should a women care about money. I agree with him. If a women has money she will spend it on stupid stuff like Nail polish, hair products, and thongs. 

Femmienazi sluts = to lazy to raise a child(ren) and only care about their agenda 

A womens body Is for "making babies" I am proud to say that i am a women. Men were not made to make babies. a women's body is a temple for a baby not for the these femmist ways 

What was wrong with the 1950's it was the best time in our country. right after a huge war. No income tax, the Ecomony was great because of that. Why would and one think that it was a horrible era. If i could go back in time i would go to the 50's. 

Quoting _Kissy_:

Wisconsin Republican State senator  Glenn Grothman, the same guy who previously created a billequating single parenthood to child abuse  and claimed that unplanned pregnancies are a “woman’s choice,” fine-tuned his ever-growing lack of reason and credibility recently when he said that “money is more important to men,” according to The Daily Beast. After all, all those women postponing having children are probably doing so not because they are saddled with student loans and pursuing Master’s Degrees, but mostly so they have money to spend on nail polish, hair brushes, and thongs.

Grothman, who readily voted to repeal Wisconsin’s “equal pay law” last week, calling it a ”no brainer,”  doesn’t need all of those myriad of studies that show the existence of pay gaps; he knows that it’s just a myth driven by all those feminazi sluts. Grothman blamed females for prioritizing childrearing and homemaking over generating an income, which is interesting considering that Grothman and Republicans essentially treat women as babymakers.

From The Daily Beast:

Whatever gaps exist, he insists, stem from women’s decision to prioritize childrearing over their careers. “Take a hypothetical husband and wife who are both lawyers,” he says. “But the husband is working 50 or 60 hours a week, going all out, making 200 grand a year. The woman takes time off, raises kids, is not go go go. Now they’re 50 years old. The husband is making 200 grand a year, the woman is making 40 grand a year. It wasn’t discrimination. There was a different sense of urgency in each person.” [...]

Grothman doesn’t accept these studies. When I ran the numbers by him, he replied, “The American Association of University Women is a pretty liberal group.” Nor, he argued, does its conclusion take into account other factors, like “goals in life. You could argue that money is more important for men. I think a guy in their first job, maybe because they expect to be a breadwinner someday, may be a little more money-conscious. To attribute everything to a so-called bias in the workplace is just not true.”

Among other hilariously erroneous fallacies that Grothman subscribes to is the notion that only men “expect to be a breadwinner someday,” despite women being  primary or co-breadwinners in roughly two-thirds of American families while still making less than their male counterparts.

Is it really a chestnut of a puzzle that Grothman, despite being 56 years of age, has never been married (or even had a date with something that doesn’t inflate) or had children, according to hisWikipedia page. That’s the equivalent of being overweight and lecturing people on carbs.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/09/wisconsin-republican-lawmaker-women-make-less-than-men-because-money-is-more-important-to-men/

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM

What farm do they grow these hateful people on?

Quoting _Kissy_:

GOP Bill Labels All Single-Parent And All Gay Households As Child Abuse

State Sen. Glenn Grothman on life as a gay teen

I notice the New York Times is soliciting personal stories about life as a gay teen. Wisconsin State Senator Glenn Grothman has one:
"Did people even know what homosexuality was in high school in 1975? I don't remember any discussion about that at the time. There were a few guys who would make fun of a few effeminate boys," he said, "but that's a different thing than homosexuality."
Grothman is among the most powerful WISGOPers in the legislature: It's like a nightmare, but without the being chased (by a gay homosexual).
Children are more commonly chased by some fantasy figure.
That would be Glenn Grothman's sleeping and waking nightmare.

Sex education

He opposed a provision in a 2010 sex education law that prohibited teachers from promoting bias based on sexual orientation, saying that he did not believe the topic should be discussed at all in the public schools. According to the Capitol Times, Grothman's opposition was based on "the belief that instructors who lead these talks would have what he called an "agenda" to persuade students to become gay."[10] Grothman believes the kindergarten program for 4-year-olds should be defunded by Governor Scott Walker because any academic benefits disappear by the fourth grade, and the program is used by school districts to pad their budgets to get more state aid.[11]

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quote:

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Well, there was that whole racism problem America had. 

Not to mention women lost their jobs after the war to be replaced by men.  Women's rights tooks a stpe backwards in the 1950's just like they are today.

Quoting pj2becca21:

What was wrong with the 1950's it was the best time in our country. right after a huge war. No income tax, the Ecomony was great because of that. Why would and one think that it was a horrible era. If i could go back in time i would go to the 50's. 

Quoting _Kissy_:

From The Daily Beast:

sarebear31976
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I really hope you are kidding with the highlighted part of your post.  It is irresponsible of women to NOT care about money.  My DH is the breadwinner in our family, but we pay the bills together and make financial decisions together.  If something happened to him I would need to know our income, bills, etc.. Your statement "if a women has money she will spend it on stupid stuff like Nail polish, hair products and thongs."  is quite possibly the most stupid, insulting thing I have ever heard a woman say about other women.  Millions of women every day make financial decisions, and many times men are just not as good with money as women are.  I know more women that go to heroic efforts to stretch the family income to meet the family needs.  Living within a budget is no small accomplishment, especially if you are in a one income family.  

Quoting pj2becca21:

I have a few thing to address.... If a women agrees to have SEX and gets pregnant IT WAS PLANNED.

Money dose matter more to men they have to care for their families. Why should a women care about money. I agree with him. If a women has money she will spend it on stupid stuff like Nail polish, hair products, and thongs. 

Femmienazi sluts = to lazy to raise a child(ren) and only care about their agenda 

A womens body Is for "making babies" I am proud to say that i am a women. Men were not made to make babies. a women's body is a temple for a baby not for the these femmist ways 

Sarah

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

-Dr. Seuss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN