Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rush Limbaugh Show Dropped By CBS Affiliate Station WPHT-Philadelphia

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 40 Replies

Rush Limbaugh Show Dropped By CBS Affiliate Station WPHT-Philadelphia

Posted: 04/10/2012 8:41 am Updated: 04/10/2012 11:46 am

Rush Limbaugh

Another radio station dropped Rush Limbaugh's program on Monday.

Philadelphia CBS affiliate WPHT replaced Limbaugh's show with the more moderate radio host Michael Smerconish. The New York Times reported that the move did not appear to be related to the controversy surrounding Georgetown University Law student Sandra Fluke, who Limbaugh repeatedly attacked on air for days, calling her a slut and a prostitute for advocating for insurance-covered health care.

In wake of Limbaugh's offensive comments, two radio stations dropped his show last month, stating that the host crossed the line. More than 100 advertisers disassociated themselves from Limbaugh—including AOL, the parent company of The Huffington Post—and pulled content from his program.

WPHT's decision to replace Limbaugh's show did come on the heels of Gov. Mike Huckabee's radio show debut on Monday. Huckabee, whose show now competes with Limbaugh in the same time slot, was advertised to stations as the "safter alternative" to Limbaugh.

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Dog fighting is a safer alternative to Rush

No I dont condone dog fighting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My Mom is so HAPPY she has been calling the station manager for at LEAST 2 years complaining about him

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Good I thought he should have been fired like Don Imas was.

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Rush is one of the best radio talk show hosts every. he tells you how it is ! if you don't like that than there is something very wrong with you. How can you like beening brainwashed? What Rush said about Miss flake was true and if any women wants that horrible little pill she can buy it her damn self.... or go and murder a baby on my dime is a SLUT 

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Someone has been drinking the Rush Koolaid to long.

If you had bother to do any fact checking you would of learned in was dead wrong on what he was talking about/ Some of us are free thinkers that do not follow CULT heros.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

New!  Rush flavored koolaid, it's what all the uptight white old guys are drinking this year!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!

erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Why doesn't she just change the station and work to get on the Neilson lists for ratings????

She doesn't have to listen.  She can vote by turning the dial and buying products from the advertisers of the other stations.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

My Mom is so HAPPY she has been calling the station manager for at LEAST 2 years complaining about him

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong, just different tastes.  I do like how he tells it how it is.  You have to wonder why the liberals hate him so much is becasue he's right and calling them on it.  They hate that.  It makes their "spin machine" work too hard.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Rush is one of the best radio talk show hosts every. he tells you how it is ! if you don't like that than there is something very wrong with you. How can you like beening brainwashed? What Rush said about Miss flake was true and if any women wants that horrible little pill she can buy it her damn self.... or go and murder a baby on my dime is a SLUT 

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

tm88rn
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad. I think this is a horrible person. There is politics and stating your opinion, and then there is Rush, who is crude, vile, rude, and offensive. No one who attacks a private citizen and calls her a slut, or the first daughter a dog, should be on the public radio. 

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Money talks, as advertisers walk away his show will continue to be dropped, we must keep putting pressure on his advertisers to reconsider if they want their brand associated with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN