Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes Ms. Demo Strategist....Let's back up on your comment about Romney being a Stay At Home Mom......

Posted by   + Show Post

Dem Strategist Attacks Ann Romney as A Stay-At-Home Mom: ‘Never Worked a Day in Her Life'

Imagine the outrage if a Republican strategist referred to a stay-at-home mom by saying that she was someone who "never worked a day in her life." How about a mother of five?

A Republican strategist did not say that. But a Democrat did... and it was a female, Democrat strategist.

During an appearance on Anderson Cooper's "AC360" last night, Democratic strategist and CNN regular Hilary Rosen said something similar about Mitt Romney's wife Ann when she told Anderson:

"His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school and how do we . . . why we worry about their future."

(The quote kicks in at the :47 second mark of this clip:)

That comment immediately began bouncing around the social media network and actually inspired Ann Romney's first (and currently only) tweet on Twitter.Hilary Rosen, Democratic Strategist Attacks Mitt Romneys WifeAs you might expect, Hilary Rosen was bombarded with messages on Twitter. She quickly scrambled to try and blunt the attacks by tweeting the following:

Hilary Rosen, Democratic Strategist Attacks Mitt Romneys WifeThat comment seemed to get a "nice try, but..." And so, Rosen continued:

Hilary Rosen, Democratic Strategist Attacks Mitt Romneys Wife

It took about an hour, but the Obama campaign realized that Rosen's comments, and the fact that she is not really backing down from her statement, could be a problem - especially since it doesn't fit the narrative that the Republicans have waged a "war on women." Campaign manager Jim Messina jumped into the tweet storm:

Another Obama lieutenant, David Axelrod also posted his denouncement of Rosen's gaffe:

About the same time that Axelrod and Messina's tweets appeared, so did one from a female member of the Obama campaign, Stephanie Cutter:

Hilary Rosen, Democratic Strategist Attacks Mitt Romneys WifeAs Democrats moved to distance themselves from Ms. Rosen's comment, a member of the Romney family jumped in to support mom. Here's the tweet from Josh Romney:

As Mother's Day approaches,the worth of 'Stay At Home Moms" is a regular topic on news channels. Each year we learn just how much money mom should be earning for performing all of the tasks involved with raising children. Last year, Salary.com claimed that moms work would be worth $90,000 a year. Five years ago, CNN and ABC both did stories quoting the results of a survey that claimed stay-at-home moms worked 92 hours a week and the work they do should bring in $138,000 a year.

Was Hilary Rosen's comment about Ann Romney "over the line?" Share your thoughts on working moms and participate in our Blaze poll.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Replies (101-103):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gammie:

I will tell you my expirance with working mom's. I did day care in my home and all the working mom's said the same thing, "stay at home mom is hard work, I prefer to go to work it is easier"

None had to work did it for fun.

I've heard that too from my daycare mommies.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

what is "imiganery"?  Holy crapola.. THIS woman has spent more time at the White House than Biden?!?!!!!  Says a lot to me..lol

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I don't know what imiganery movie you are watching

She is a CNN employee..now you have her being a super stealth Obama admin feeler...

Um, there is medication for paranoid thoughts

Show one shred of evidence or admit you are pulling things from your bum on order to say something negative about the POTUS

Quoting Jambo4:

I could say the same.. and in my "conspiracy theory" view..lol, I do think that the Obama campaign did and will send out "feeler/tentacle" type comments via these "non-campaign" related people to get out a message that THEY personally don't want to be directly linked to.  

I predict we will see the same thing about Romney's religion, even though the Obama campaign has said that it's off limits too.. yeah.. we'll see... just like family is.. cough, cough...  (this of course is MHO.. which is outstanding at best wink mini)

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Because they usually agree with him and say the same ignorant crazy shit

Quoting Jambo4:
Quoting sweet-a-kins:

She doesn't work for the DNC

She doesn't work for the Obama admin

She isn't affiliated with his campaign

She is an employee of CNN

She is a cable news commenttator

Sounds a lot like Rush Limbaugh.. but you were sure more than pleased to jump on him and demonize ALL of the Republicans... 

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting gammie:

I will tell you my expirance with working mom's. I did day care in my home and all the working mom's said the same thing

None had to work did it for fun.
, "stay at home mom is hard work, I prefer to go to work it is easier"

I've heard that too from my daycare mommies.

that is wrong. i would so rather be sahm than working 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)