Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pro-Life youth Letters4Life disturbed by pro-abort opposition

Posted by   + Show Post

Pro-life youth spearheading Letters4Life campaign disturbed by pro-abort opposition

by Peter Baklinski

KINGSVILLE, Ontario, April 12, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A pro-life campaign initiated by a 17-year-old woman to send 100,000 letters or e-mails to Prime Minister Harper by May 10th that “speak out against abortion” is gaining traction, but not without controversy.

Alexandra Jezierski, who began the Letters4Life campaign at the end of March, told LifeSiteNews that radical pro-abortion advocates teamed up last week on her Letters4Life Facebook page to intimidate and verbally assault her team of pro-life supporters.

Alexandra Jezierski

One abortion advocate had posted on the Letters4Life Facebook page some graphic images of aborted babies and proceeded to mock and deride them. A young woman, one of Alexandra’s friends, defended the dignity of the unborn, commenting that mocking images of aborted babies was a “sick thing to do”.

In an extremely graphic, sexually explicit and disturbing rant, the abortion advocate threatened to mutilate, rape, kill, and then cannibalize the young woman.

Click ‘like’ if you want to END ABORTION!

Alexandra says she was deeply disturbed by the hate-filled content that was appearing on her Facebook page, but she told LifeSiteNews, “it’s good to know this campaign is having an impact, even in the pro-abortion circle.”

“Yes, it’s really sad. I don’t know how someone can have the heart to laugh at pictures of bleeding, aborted babies, and then to write such a comment.”

The Letter4Life campaign has gotten off to a decent start with almost 500 letters sent to the Prime Minister in just two and a half weeks.

The purpose of the letter writing campaign is to tell the Prime Minster that if Canada is to be held up as a free and just nation, then the rights of even the youngest and smallest of human persons must be upheld first.

“I stand, as a voice for the voiceless, demanding justice for the unborn. For the sake of the unborn, for the sake of justice, for the sake of Canada, I will continue to fight for and uphold the basic human right of the most vulnerable and most innocent ones of our society,” one of Alexandra’s form letters states.

Another form letter asks the Prime Minister to support Motion 312 put forward by conservative MP Steve Woodworth that calls for Parliament to establish a special committee to consider when human life begins.

“We cannot uphold a law that is at odds with science, medicine, and truth,” the form letter states. “It is time to accept the facts. Life begins at conception. And from the moment of conception, we need to protect it.”

Alexandra told LifeSiteNews that one family has set a goal of writing 100 letters. One lady has promised to send 100 letters written by hand. Another women has set a goal to write 200 letters.

Alexandra has contacted Right to Life groups and Knights of Columbus councils across the country with the hope of gaining support in her quest to flood Harper’s office with pro-life letters.

One abortion advocate was exasperated by Alexandra’s pro-life initiative: “Where do these people keep coming from? Go away!,” he wrote.

Alexandra says she is unfazed by the degrading rhetoric of those who oppose her initiative.

“As long as abortion continues, we will fight to end it,” she responded. “As long as the rights of the unborn are denied, we will stand up for them. As long as children are killed, helpless and vulnerable, we will defend them.”

“As long as abortion continues to snatch away the lives of thousands of babies, we will NOT go away.

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Replies (221-230):
imamomzilla
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I know it happens...but some may misunderstand their motives.

Remember this?:

Abortion clinic director charged with false bomb scare

The former director of an Oklahoma abortion clinic has been charged with making false or misleading statements after telling police she’d found a bomb at the facility, according to federal court documents.

Investigators said Linda Meek reported on Aug. 13 that a bomb had been placed in a trash can at Reproductive Services of Tulsa, according to documents filed Wednesday in US District Court in Tulsa. The clinic, which was bombed twice in 1997, and an adjacent building were evacuated, but a bomb technician determined that a suspicious box in the trash can was not an explosive.

Meek, who left her position with the clinic after the incident, is charged with conveying false or misleading information, according to the documents. Meek, 63, is scheduled to make an initial court appearance in federal court on Thursday. She faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted.

Some pro-life advocates said they believe Meek may have been trying to mislead authorities and the media, to portray abortion opponents as violent fanatics who will stop at nothing to end the practice.

Republican state Rep. Mike Ritze, who supports pro-life legislation, said the bomb scare is part of a growing trend among abortion activists to represent opponents as violent and dangerous in order to divert public scrutiny from themselves.

“Either she did it maliciously to harm the opposition or is trying to draw attention away from the abortion industry,” said Ritze, a family practice physician….

(jillstanek)

Quoting tm88rn:

Yes, I believe they do. Just as some pro-choicers have been known to post anti-choice material to get someone into the news, bring the issue into the forefront, or give anti-choicers a bad name. It happens often, which is why anything like this I don't take at face value. What was said is horrible, but who knows who said it, or if it was even said? People on both sides will do anything to get into the news, and that is exactly what happened with this young woman. Her cause is in the news and being spread. Mission accomplished.

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Good grief. I think critical thinking should be taught in elementary school because it is clearly lacking in today's society.Oy.

Do you honestly think a Pro Lifer would do and say the VILE things ...about rape, cannibalism, etc...to a fellow Pro Lifer, like this young lady alleges?

Take a look at this comment...

Quoting trippyhippy:

"Wow, you really think you are going to change anything with your condescending bitchy attack attitude? hell you make me want to go have an abortion just to piss you off and I'm not even pregnant."

Do you think this person is Pro Life or Pro Choice? Just askin'

*snip

tm88rn
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM

No, I don't remember that one. But I do know things like that happen, on both sides. Who knows if this post isn't the same thing, trying to represent pro-choicers are rude, vicious individuals? 

Quoting imamomzilla:

I know it happens...but some may misunderstand their motives.

Remember this?:

Abortion clinic director charged with false bomb scare

The former director of an Oklahoma abortion clinic has been charged with making false or misleading statements after telling police she’d found a bomb at the facility, according to federal court documents.

Investigators said Linda Meek reported on Aug. 13 that a bomb had been placed in a trash can at Reproductive Services of Tulsa, according to documents filed Wednesday in US District Court in Tulsa. The clinic, which was bombed twice in 1997, and an adjacent building were evacuated, but a bomb technician determined that a suspicious box in the trash can was not an explosive.

Meek, who left her position with the clinic after the incident, is charged with conveying false or misleading information, according to the documents. Meek, 63, is scheduled to make an initial court appearance in federal court on Thursday. She faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted.

Some pro-life advocates said they believe Meek may have been trying to mislead authorities and the media, to portray abortion opponents as violent fanatics who will stop at nothing to end the practice.

Republican state Rep. Mike Ritze, who supports pro-life legislation, said the bomb scare is part of a growing trend among abortion activists to represent opponents as violent and dangerous in order to divert public scrutiny from themselves.

“Either she did it maliciously to harm the opposition or is trying to draw attention away from the abortion industry,” said Ritze, a family practice physician….

(jillstanek)

Quoting tm88rn:

Yes, I believe they do. Just as some pro-choicers have been known to post anti-choice material to get someone into the news, bring the issue into the forefront, or give anti-choicers a bad name. It happens often, which is why anything like this I don't take at face value. What was said is horrible, but who knows who said it, or if it was even said? People on both sides will do anything to get into the news, and that is exactly what happened with this young woman. Her cause is in the news and being spread. Mission accomplished.

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Good grief. I think critical thinking should be taught in elementary school because it is clearly lacking in today's society.Oy.

Do you honestly think a Pro Lifer would do and say the VILE things ...about rape, cannibalism, etc...to a fellow Pro Lifer, like this young lady alleges?

Quoting trippyhippy:

"Wow, you really think you are going to change anything with your condescending bitchy attack attitude? hell you make me want to go have an abortion just to piss you off and I'm not even pregnant."

*snip

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I did not. I went to the FB page and saw people showering her with support. Nothing "cruddy"....can't say the same about other sites/places.... *ahem...  What a shame. :-(

Quoting Della529:

Do you not see some of the comments made at this website (the entire website) by some of those who call themselves pro life?  I've read some pretty cruddy words from some on the PL side, so it isn't a stretch to think they'd do something like that to draw attention to their cause.  It's called a false-flag.  

Quoting imamomzilla:

throwing up

Quoting trippyhippy:

*snip
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Woman should be in charge of "their" own body - I don't have a problem with that.  I have a problem with abortion being used as a form of birth control and convenience.  The baby may be in a woman's body, and if she is aborting for bc and convenience then she should be held accountable for murdering her baby. 

There is much I disagree with the new Health Care Reform Bill - way too much to go into on here, but I am very disturbed with how the government will be/already is taking too much control over our country.

You and others KEEP speaking how some same people complaining about taxes, could instead adopt or foster or save more of the children already in the system.  Who's complaining?  People on both sides of the issue complain about many of the issues - why zero in on only the ones being accused of not helping children already in the system. Both sides have the same opportunities. How do you know they aren't already helping children in the system?  I know many who are fostering and/or adopting. 

Quoting Della529:

You (this "you" is directed at you) seem to take words way too personally - as though they are directed totally at you.  I apologize for not being more specific, although the paragraph you highlighted utilizes the words "some people".

IS IT okay TO LEGISLATE ING what someone can or can't do WITH THEIR OWN BODYWHAT about the PPACA? 

Those same people could also stop complaining so much about their taxes paying for the care of those children.  Those same people could adopt or foster or save more of the children already in the system.

nova.mommy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 45 with two beautiful children ages 6 and 4.  But I don't see how may age has any bearings on my beliefs.  

I never had an abortion, don't believe in them.  I met DH 16 years ago and I was brought up to believe that 'I' should be married before 'I' had kids, not that anything is wrong to have kids before marriage.

You are as free to have your beliefs as I am to have mine.

Militants are on both sides, of all faiths, races, etc.  Yes, I will admit there are militant pro-choicer's but you have to admit there are militant pro-lifer's too.  "To deny it, is disingenuous at best."

Without having proof, I would never claim someone to have one belief or another.

I am not going to get into a she said/she said debate.  Have a good day!

Quoting imamomzilla:

May I ask your age?

I can assure you, nova...NO Pro Lifer would ever, under any circumstance, say what trippy did. Regardless of how frustrated they were, or how badly they wished to "get under someone's skin". Ever. I say that with 100 % certainty. 

Heck, I have Pro Choice friends who would never say something so obnoxious and crass. They have more respect for me and themselves. Abortions are no joking matter! You have to admit there are (some)militant Pro Aborts who act that way...and say those sorts of things. To deny it, is disingenuous at best. And the likelihood that a PL is responsible is nil.

Quoting nova.mommy:

What does critical thinking have to do with assuming someones stand on an issue?

Critical thinking is a way of deciding whether 'a claim' is true, false; sometimes true, or partly true. I questioned who the poster was, I never 'claimed' anything about them.  I never said anything about what the post said, just about assuming who the poster is/was and I have no such claim about who the poster is/was.

BTW Pro-Choice does not mean Abortion all the time.  Abortion is not for me, but I think everyone should be able to make that decision for themselves and not have someone else's choice forced on them.  Isn't Pro-Life a choice?  Didn't that group CHOOSE life?  If the members of that group made their choice, shouldn't every woman be able to make their own choice too? 

As for just from the post from trippyhippy, I can not tell her stand on the issue.  While she may be pro-choice it is just as likely she is pro-life and is tired of many here preaching on the issue and was trying to get 'under one's skin.'

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting nova.mommy:

My point exactly,

Until an actual person or group is proved to be the owner of the screen name, who is to say who made the post.  Too many 'people' can hide behind a screen name, heck it is done here, fake profiles are made and removed all the time. Is this a confession?  NO

Comments on the post are one thing,  But to assume who made the post and attack them on the assumption is just as vile.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Because if lifesite news told me the sky was blue, I'd have to look up and check first.

I never said I didn't believe it happened or could have happened.  What I said was, they said it happened now where's the proof?  I haven't seen any.

So, where is it? 

Is this supposed to be a credible news source?  If so , why are some people hanging onto every word?  There's no proof, just speculation.  Sorry but I want proof and evidence before I even begin to formulate a potential response.

Where are the screen captures?  Where are the police reports?  Where are the in-depth analysis detailing -that the responses, the vile ones, came from the pro-choice groups?

Sorry, I still think she just got trolled.

Quoting jcribb16:

Why do you seem to not believe it did happen or could have happened?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Every controversial subject attracks whackadoos.  Like the ones that walk into a church and gun down a physician in front of his family.

However, has anybody proven this woman was threatened by real, actual "pro-abortion advocates"?  I'll certainly give it's possible, but lifesite news has a tendancy to speculate and then claim that speculation as fact.  And you all sure seem excited to sing on about it! 

Quoting Abaco:

Thanks Momzie.....I've read thru some of the comments pertaining to the threats. Some people have such mental problems that do things like that. It's sad

Quoting nova.mommy:

I am curious, do you have physical proof that it was a "pro-abortion advocate"?  I am not saying it is not possible, but is it(OK, my fault I didn't cleary put down my thoughts) isn't it just as likely that someone who is pro choice would post graphic pictures of aborted babies?  My first thought is that it may be from someone who may have similar views as this young woman and(but)has an issue with her or her tactics. 

Unless I hear proof of who did it, I wont belittle myself to comment on the beliefs of the poster, I will just keep my comments about the vile post itself.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM

OK. Thank you...you too. :-)

Quoting nova.mommy:

I am 45 with two beautiful children ages 6 and 4.  But I don't see how may age has any bearings on my beliefs.  

I never had an abortion, don't believe in them.  I met DH 16 years ago and I was brought up to believe that 'I' should be married before 'I' had kids, not that anything is wrong to have kids before marriage.

You are as free to have your beliefs as I am to have mine.

Militants are on both sides, of all faiths, races, etc.  Yes, I will admit there are militant pro-choicer's but you have to admit there are militant pro-lifer's too.  "To deny it, is disingenuous at best."

Without having proof, I would never claim someone to have one belief or another.

I am not going to get into a she said/she said debate.  Have a good day!

Quoting imamomzilla:

May I ask your age?

I can assure you, nova...NO Pro Lifer would ever, under any circumstance, say what trippy did. Regardless of how frustrated they were, or how badly they wished to "get under someone's skin". Ever. I say that with 100 % certainty. 

Heck, I have Pro Choice friends who would never say something so obnoxious and crass. They have more respect for me and themselves. Abortions are no joking matter! You have to admit there are (some)militant Pro Aborts who act that way...and say those sorts of things. To deny it, is disingenuous at best. And the likelihood that a PL is responsible is nil.

Quoting nova.mommy:

What does critical thinking have to do with assuming someones stand on an issue?

Critical thinking is a way of deciding whether 'a claim' is true, false; sometimes true, or partly true. I questioned who the poster was, I never 'claimed' anything about them.  I never said anything about what the post said, just about assuming who the poster is/was and I have no such claim about who the poster is/was.

BTW Pro-Choice does not mean Abortion all the time.  Abortion is not for me, but I think everyone should be able to make that decision for themselves and not have someone else's choice forced on them.  Isn't Pro-Life a choice?  Didn't that group CHOOSE life?  If the members of that group made their choice, shouldn't every woman be able to make their own choice too? 

As for just from the post from trippyhippy, I can not tell her stand on the issue.  While she may be pro-choice it is just as likely she is pro-life and is tired of many here preaching on the issue and was trying to get 'under one's skin.'

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting nova.mommy:

My point exactly,

Until an actual person or group is proved to be the owner of the screen name, who is to say who made the post.  Too many 'people' can hide behind a screen name, heck it is done here, fake profiles are made and removed all the time. Is this a confession?  NO

Comments on the post are one thing,  But to assume who made the post and attack them on the assumption is just as vile.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Because if lifesite news told me the sky was blue, I'd have to look up and check first.

I never said I didn't believe it happened or could have happened.  What I said was, they said it happened now where's the proof?  I haven't seen any.

So, where is it? 

Is this supposed to be a credible news source?  If so , why are some people hanging onto every word?  There's no proof, just speculation.  Sorry but I want proof and evidence before I even begin to formulate a potential response.

Where are the screen captures?  Where are the police reports?  Where are the in-depth analysis detailing -that the responses, the vile ones, came from the pro-choice groups?

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Every controversial subject attracks whackadoos.  Like the ones that walk into a church and gun down a physician in front of his family.

However, has anybody proven this woman was threatened by real, actual "pro-abortion advocates"?  I'll certainly give it's possible, but lifesite news has a tendancy to speculate and then claim that speculation as fact.  And you all sure seem excited to sing on about it! 

Quoting Abaco:

Thanks Momzie.....I've read thru some of the comments pertaining to the threats. Some people have such mental problems that do things like that. It's sad

Quoting nova.mommy:

I am curious, do you have physical proof that it was a "pro-abortion advocate"?  I am not saying it is not possible, but is it(OK, my fault I didn't cleary put down my thoughts) isn't it just as likely that someone who is pro choice would post graphic pictures of aborted babies?  My first thought is that it may be from someone who may have similar views as this young woman and(but)has an issue with her or her tactics. 

Unless I hear proof of who did it, I wont belittle myself to comment on the beliefs of the poster, I will just keep my comments about the vile post itself.

Like Politics? Join Us!

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You are free to make your own assumptions.  If you were to find it's false, then please gladly share it with the rest of us.  Seems as if many in here only want the PL side to look and act "cruddy" instead of placing blame on both sides.

Quoting Della529:

Do you not see some of the comments made at this website (the entire website) by some of those who call themselves pro life?  I've read some pretty cruddy words from some on the PL side, so it isn't a stretch to think they'd do something like that to draw attention to their cause.  It's called a false-flag.  

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting nova.mommy:

My point exactly,

Until an actual person or group is proved to be the owner of the screen name, who is to say who made the post.  Too many 'people' can hide behind a screen name, heck it is done here, fake profiles are made and removed all the time. Is this a confession?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

So, where is it? 

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting nova.mommy:

I am curious, do you have physical proof that it was a "pro-abortion advocate"?  I am not saying it is not possible, but is it likely that someone who is pro choice would post graphic pictures of aborted babies?  My first thought is that it may be from someone who may have similar views as this young woman and has an issue with her or her tactics.  

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Can you even imagine the backlash conservatives would receive for making any kind of comment like she made?  My respect went down a notch - I cannot fathom that someone would remark something like that and make abortion look like a revenge on someone else just to spite them.

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting nova.mommy:

My point exactly,

Until an actual person or group is proved to be the owner of the screen name, who is to say who made the post.  Too many 'people' can hide behind a screen name, heck it is done here, fake profiles are made and removed all the time. Is this a confession?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

So, where is it? 

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting nova.mommy:

I am curious, do you have physical proof that it was a "pro-abortion advocate"?  I am not saying it is not possible, but is it likely that someone who is pro choice would post graphic pictures of aborted babies?  My first thought is that it may be from someone who may have similar views as this young woman and has an issue with her or her tactics.  

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine. ...but consider the source and the stance some take. Nothing surprises me anymore. Call me jaded. I'm sure it was meant to get a rise out us. Mission Accomplished!

We'd be bashed over the head for less. Double standard and hypocrisy rules apply here. I'm sure some will brush it off as a joke. Uh huh. You'd have to have a sick sense of humor to find that funny or *like it. YUCK. That happens when society is desensitized to this heinous act.

frown mini

Quoting jcribb16:

Can you even imagine the backlash conservatives would receive for making any kind of comment like she made?  My respect went down a notch - I cannot fathom that someone would remark something like that and make abortion look like a revenge on someone else just to spite them.

Quoting imamomzilla:

eye rolling

Quoting trippyhippy:

"The greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion, which is war against the child. The mother doesn't learn to love, but kills to solve her own problems. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want."

-Mother Teresa

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN