Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

"Anyone But Obama" (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Republicans: Would you vote for Hillary Clinton if it meant getting Barack Obama out of office?

Options:

Yes! Anyone But Obama

No! Why would I vote in someone who believes in the same principles?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

quotes Eilish likes

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.”

G.K. Chesterton

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Here is a challenge for you!  Give me evidence that Ron Paul would not govern effectively as the chief executive!  He is known as Dr. No for a reason.  Do you even know how many un-consititutional bills that have been presented and passed in the last decade?  There is no one that follows the constitution, and knows how this country should be run beside him.  All we have to do is look to the past to determine the future.  It's really easy!  He gets it.  Romney=another 4 years of Obama. 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Yes, they are.  You do realize that Ron Paul is actually a libertarian, right?

Here's a challenge for you:  give me evidence of Ron Paul governing effectively as a chief executive.

Quoting -Eilish-:

What's funny is that you think these things are conservative:

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 5:24 AM

The evidence is that he is incompetent. To start,

Ron Paul wrote earmarks to attach to bills he knew would pass, earmarks that would bring federal revenue to his district, then voted against the bill so his record would be "pure."

Here's some of Ron Paul's earmark budget requests:

http://paul.house.gov/images/stories/funding_requests/12010misc.pdf

An effective leader does not time and time again sneak earmarks into bills and then try to get credit for voting against the bill AND credit for writing the earmark!

Quoting paperorplastic:

Here is a challenge for you!  Give me evidence that Ron Paul would not govern effectively as the chief executive!  He is known as Dr. No for a reason.  Do you even know how many un-consititutional bills that have been presented and passed in the last decade?  There is no one that follows the constitution, and knows how this country should be run beside him.  All we have to do is look to the past to determine the future.  It's really easy!  He gets it.  Romney=another 4 years of Obama. 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Here's a challenge for you:  give me evidence of Ron Paul governing effectively as a chief executive.

Quoting -Eilish-:

"We have a moral responsibility to not spend more than we take in." -Mitt Romney 2012

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

This is all you have really?  LMAO!  The old bait and switch?  That is not what Dr. Paul is about at all.  I love how people can spin anything.  Romney is another Obama.  How do you like the fact Romney voted for, and will vote again to keep the NDAA Act?  I guess just like the rest of his supporters you're ok with your civil liberties being taken away.  No thanks!  As for me and my family it's Ron Paul or no one!  I value my freedom! 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Ron Paul wrote earmarks to attach to bills he knew would pass, earmarks that would bring federal revenue to his district, then voted against the bill so his record would be "pure."

An effective leader does not time and time again sneak earmarks into bills and then try to get credit for voting against the bill AND credit for writing the earmark!

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

That is disgusting.

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

I want to make clear to a couple in here who made comments against Republicans.  Wanting Obama out of the White House is not for dislike of him, personally.  It's for his side-stepping of our Constitution, wanting more government control over citizens, changing policies and/or funding at the disapproval of Congress and majority of Americans, pushing his Healthcare through with things embedded in it deceptively that will just give government more control, etc.  THAT is why I want him out of office.

Absolutely well said.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

If there was no republican running I would vote for Hilary.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting numbr1wmn:

If there was no republican running I would vote for Hilary.

Well... we do know what is in Obama's mind now.. and it's not something I like.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Thank you.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting jcribb16:

I want to make clear to a couple in here who made comments against Republicans.  Wanting Obama out of the White House is not for dislike of him, personally.  It's for his side-stepping of our Constitution, wanting more government control over citizens, changing policies and/or funding at the disapproval of Congress and majority of Americans, pushing his Healthcare through with things embedded in it deceptively that will just give government more control, etc.  THAT is why I want him out of office.

Absolutely well said.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Why is it when a republican won't vote for Obama they are either racist or hate him? I don't get that logic

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally value my freedoms.  Since it's obviously not going to be Ron Paul at this point, what are you going to do when you say "no one?"  Whether you vote or not will not change either Romney or Obama taking office.  Would you go so far as to consider leaving the country?  I'll be honest, if Obama gets in there again, I think our country's freedoms will quickly be stripped away one by one, and I'm not sure if maybe we (family) should look at a major move or not.  I love our country, but am very worried that changes would take place and force Americans to be in submission to a "dictator" as such.

Quoting paperorplastic:

This is all you have really?  LMAO!  The old bait and switch?  That is not what Dr. Paul is about at all.  I love how people can spin anything.  Romney is another Obama.  How do you like the fact Romney voted for, and will vote again to keep the NDAA Act?  I guess just like the rest of his supporters you're ok with your civil liberties being taken away.  No thanks!  As for me and my family it's Ron Paul or no one!  I value my freedom! 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting paperorplastic:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)