Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 45 Replies

Really?

Thats what LIBERALS have BEEN saying.........

PRO-CHOICE!!

"

Quote:

My career choice was to be a mother," she added. "We have to respect women in all those choices that they make."

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM
5 moms liked this
I know right?! I am liberal, and pro choice, and I support women making their own choices, regardless of what they are. I've never met a social conservative who felt that way. Well, women's choices were to be respected, as long as it was a choice that the conservatives agreed with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Exactly!

Quoting tm88rn:

I know right?! I am liberal, and pro choice, and I support women making their own choices, regardless of what they are. I've never met a social conservative who felt that way. Well, women's choices were to be respected, as long as it was a choice that the conservatives agreed with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That's it in a nutshell.  That's what pro-choice is.

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter        Really?  YOU are saying this???     sidesplittinglaughter

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Yes

Thanks for showing what a class act you are

Quoting 29again:

sidesplittinglaughter        Really?  YOU are saying this???     sidesplittinglaughter

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh come on.  Every choice a conservative woman makes is wrong, according to the left.  Palin was wrong to be a working mom.  Romney is wrong to be a SAHM.  There is no consistency, and as for pro-choice, that only means ONE choice for the left.  That is why I am ROTFLMAO at your comments.  Because there is no support for the choices of a conservative woman from women on the left!

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this
No one said Romeny was wrong for being a SAHM

They did question her assertion that she understands the struggles of your average working or SAHM ...

Again, the right lies...

Conservatives don't want women to get a choice, you want us to do what you and your Bible deem acceptable

The answer is NO

Quoting 29again:

Oh come on.  Every choice a conservative woman makes is wrong, according to the left.  Palin was wrong to be a working mom.  Romney is wrong to be a SAHM.  There is no consistency, and as for pro-choice, that only means ONE choice for the left.  That is why I am ROTFLMAO at your comments.  Because there is no support for the choices of a conservative woman from women on the left!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a very liberal woman, and as long as the choice the woman makes is her own, I will support her. I do think Palin was wrong for trying to be VP, but only because that is a very stressful, high pressure job, and I don't believe that she could do justice to the American people while being a mother to her special needs child. Any other job, go for it, but not one that is so important and affects so many people. However, that was the very least of my issues with Palin. As for Romney, I have no problem with her being a stay at home mother. I am. But I think her husband is very wrong for saying that she knows what the average American woman goes through, because they are very well off, and she has never worked outside the home and raised children. I think she is a fairly intelligent woman (I don't know an awful lot about her, so I can't really say what I think of her) but I think it is wonderful that she decided to stay home and raise her children. I would think it was just as wonderful had she not done that, and worked outside the home instead. What is the one choice you are referring to?

Quoting 29again:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

***edited***

But see, that isn't YOUR choice to make!  It was between HER and HER FAMILY.  NOT us.  Once again, a conservative made a choice, and it was wrong according to the left.  Yet, I am mocked by some certain women on here for pointing it out.  Yep, what I expected from them. 

Quoting tm88rn:

I am a very liberal woman, and as long as the choice the woman makes is her own, I will support her. I do think Palin was wrong for trying to be VP, but only because that is a very stressful, high pressure job, and I don't believe that she could do justice to the American people whiling a mother to her special needs child. Any other job, go for it, but not one that is so important and affects so many people. However, that was the very least of my issues with Palin. As for Romney, I have no problem with her being a stay at home mother. I am. But I think her husband is very wrong for saying that she knows what the average American woman goes through, because they are very well off, and she has never worked outside the home and raised children. Do you not think that she can talk to average working women, and then tell her husband what they are concerned about?  Or does that fact that she is now wealthy and was a SAHM mean that she can't even talk to working women and have any kind of understanding about what they are going through? I think she is a fairly intelligent woman (I don't know an awful lot about her, so I can't really say what I think of her) but I think it is wonderful that she decided to stay home and raise her children. I would think it was just as wonderful had she not done that, and worked outside the home instead. What is the one choice you are referring to?
when pro-choice is used, it is not typically used in reference to a career choice.  It is generally used by those who advocate for abortions, and usually that is the only "choice" that is supported.

Quoting 29again:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Who tried to take her choice from her?

Making a personal judgement isn't blocking someone from making a personal choice

That's the difference, even when we don't agree with the choice..we think you should have the legal right to make it

You don't , your Bible and your personal beliefs should be law...according to you (conservatives )

Quoting 29again:

***edited***

But see, that isn't YOUR choice to make!  It was between HER and HER FAMILY.  NOT us.  Once again, a conservative made a choice, and it was wrong according to the left.  Yet, I am mocked by some certain women on here for pointing it out.  Yep, what I expected from them. 

Quoting tm88rn:

I am a very liberal woman, and as long as the choice the woman makes is her own, I will support her. I do think Palin was wrong for trying to be VP, but only because that is a very stressful, high pressure job, and I don't believe that she could do justice to the American people whiling a mother to her special needs child. Any other job, go for it, but not one that is so important and affects so many people. However, that was the very least of my issues with Palin. As for Romney, I have no problem with her being a stay at home mother. I am. But I think her husband is very wrong for saying that she knows what the average American woman goes through, because they are very well off, and she has never worked outside the home and raised children. Do you not think that she can talk to average working women, and then tell her husband what they are concerned about?  Or does that fact that she is now wealthy and was a SAHM mean that she can't even talk to working women and have any kind of understanding about what they are going through? I think she is a fairly intelligent woman (I don't know an awful lot about her, so I can't really say what I think of her) but I think it is wonderful that she decided to stay home and raise her children. I would think it was just as wonderful had she not done that, and worked outside the home instead. What is the one choice you are referring to?
when pro-choice is used, it is not typically used in reference to a career choice.  It is generally used by those who advocate for abortions, and usually that is the only "choice" that is supported.

Quoting 29again:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)