Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Stuff Ann Romney Did

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:21 AM
  • 89 Replies
2 moms liked this

So we know Ann Romney raised five boys, but what else did she do?  Some of you know that she battled cancer, that she also considers horsebackriding a therapeutic against her MS, and that she is a nationally ranked amateur and professional equestrian.

In addition to that, Ann Romney

-ran the governors office for faith-based initiatives (unpaid)

- directed the inner-city youth program Best Friends (unpaid)

- worked extensively at Boston's Ten-Point coalition (unpaid)

- and at the Perkins school for the blind (unpaid)

- served as a board member for The United Way (unpaid)

- and Co-founded United Way Faith and action. (unpaid)

-serving on the Board of New England Chapter of the MS Society(unpaid)

- co-founding and directing Right To Play, (unpaid)

- volunteering with disabled kids, (unpaid)

- running an annual scholastic reading challenge (unpaid)

- volunteering at Partners for Youth with Disabilities, the American Red Cross (unpaid)

- serving on the board at the MA Children's Trust Fund (unpaid)

- being an unpaid teacher at Mother Caroline Academy, a multiculturalmiddle school serving young girls from inner city Boston (unpaid)

- serving on the board at Women's Cancer Advisory Board of MA General Hospital.(unpaid)

It is cool to learn more about her, and you know what?  I am inspired.  It is evident to me that while she was given much in life, she also required much of herself in return. 

As a mother, she is an example that you don't have to be earning money to make a difference in society.  I want to volunteer.  And whether we are gainfully employed or not, most of us can add a dimension to our work that makes a positive difference. 

Do you volunteer? Do you try to add a little more to the world while you work or interact with others?  Do you want to improve those things in your life?

"We have a moral responsibility to not spend more than we take in." -Mitt Romney 2012

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Impressive.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this

She has been very busy and giving of herself.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
4 moms liked this

I thought she never got out of the house and was just tended to by her staff.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM

thank you

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

You're thinking of MO...no, wait. She's on perpetual vacation....tended to by her staff. wink mini

Quoting rocketracer:

I thought she never got out of the house and was just tended to by her staff.

godotherightthi
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that is impressive!  I really want to make a difference in my community as well.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a very impressive list.  It's nice to see that she gives so much of her time when she obviously doesn't have to.  She could be jet setting around the world or be pampered at spa but she takes time to give back.  I am very much for volunteering and I do some volunteer work through my church.  Unfortunately with two jobs and four kids I don't get to do as much I'd like.  

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Quoting 4kidz916:

That's a very impressive list.  It's nice to see that she gives so much of her time when she obviously doesn't have to.  She could be jet setting around the world or be pampered at spa but she takes time to give back.  I am very much for volunteering and I do some volunteer work through my church.  Unfortunately with two jobs and four kids I don't get to do as much I'd like.  

Good work!

"We have a moral responsibility to not spend more than we take in." -Mitt Romney 2012

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Impressive

jlo1313
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I am glad that she has given so much of herself to organizations that truly make a difference and I am inspired to see it.  It doesn't change my stance on Mitt Romney as President, but it does make Ann Romney a more respectible perspective First Lady than Michelle Obama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN