Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

photo of the day....most dems a no show

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

Guy Benson says that this is a picture worth 1,086 words — one for each day since the Democrat-led Senate passed the budget resolution required by law each April 15th.  This picture comes from yesterday’s so-called “mark-up session” of the Senate Budget Committee, a meeting which chair Kent Conrad helpfully promoted by declaring that he wouldn’t allow any votes to be taken on budgets.  That turned the meeting into nothing more than a discussion forum, one that Conrad’s colleagues decided to skip. The picture, taken by a Republican staffer at the meeting, shows all 11 Republicans sitting on the far side of the table — and almost no Democrats in their chairs.

The meeting was broadcast on one of the C-SPAN channels, so this isn’t exactly a secret.  Only three Democrats bothered to show up at all, out of a dozen assigned to it.  Republicans showed up, prepared to cast votes to finally bring the ignominious streak of 1,085 days (as of yesterday) without a budget resolution to an end.  Sadly, Democrats — who control the committee, the chamber, and the White House — don’t have the same sense of responsibility.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/04/19/picture-of-the-day-democrats-not-at-work/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying one party is better than the other party.  I just want them to show up for work to do their job.  I guess some could argue it's better when they don't show up b/c when they do things just get  worse....regardless of party.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Speaks volumes.

Gypsykatzen
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
4 moms liked this

If we don't show up for our jobs we would be fired - funny how it doesn't work the same for politicians!

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

The bipartisanship is ridiculous.  I would fire each and everyone of those people, and replace them with competent individuals who value our country, and their job!

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow.  It really makes them look as if they could care less. 

erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's unfortunate the Dem Senators do not take their job seriously.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha...neither do the republicans

Quoting erika9009:

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Something I always found a little unsettling is that the parties have "whips" people who stay around while the congress-member is doing who knows what, and when its time to go to a vote they round everyone up.  Why cant congress-members just stay where they need to be and know when votes are going to happen on their own.  I understand its necessary to go back to their home turf once and a while, but the whip position really grinds my gears.

erika9009
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

In this instance in particular they are.  However, in general, I think both parties have forgotten who they really work for.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting erika9009:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Just curious but is there any explanation as to why they refuse to show up?  I've searched online for an answer and can't find one. 

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  They both have their short comings but at least the republicans showed up for work.  

Quoting erika9009:

In this instance in particular they are.  However, in general, I think both parties have forgotten who they really work for.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting erika9009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)