Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

So far the right have attacked:

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
mehamil1
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You left out vagina's. Mine specifically. 

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

We all know that all the right care's about is the 1 percent. I pray a lot that there isn't a chance for them or the poor and the regular people like us will be gone. All there will be left is that 1 percent. I don't know where to go or what to do to get the word out there that is you are not rich don't vote republican.Even if people don't like Obama which I didn't at first. I wanted Hillary and Obama after Hillary, we have to have him for his second term. He has tried to do a lot of what he promised. He got Bin Laden. He go us out of Iraq. He is making sure we are getting health care. He could do so much more if it weren't for the dam republcans voting against what he is trying to do for us. The republicans are even trying as hard as they can to make sure we can't vote. Please vote. You see what Kissy posted what they are trying to do to us and I'm sure there is a lot more. Vote in our best interest.

So much of your post is just wrong.  But whatever.  The part I cannot ignore or let slide is the part in red.  That is just so much propaganda, I can't believe you all are swallowing that!  Do you honestly think that the party that worked so hard to pass all the civil rights laws would prevent those same people from voting?  THINK about it.  Yes, there are things wrong with the Republican party,  but this is NOT even one of those pr

Unfortuneunately you have your facts backwards. It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratic party that passed the civil right legislation. On voting rights it's estimated that 5 million people who have always voted or would otherwise be eligable to vote won't be able to, due to the disenfranchisement laws passed by republican legislatures in a number of states.

HOW??  HOW would those 5 million NOT be able to vote?  Why and how does requiring an ID make them ineligible to vote?  The ONLY way that makes any kind of sense at all is that they are not eligible in the first place.  So, please, educate me on this:  How does requiring an ID make someone ineligible to vote?  I'll check back for an expla

You asked to be educated, I hope that means you will be truly receptive to the facts. Firstly, I believe you contended that it was the republicans who fought for and passed the civil rights amendment, when in fact it was president Johnson and the democrats who were responsible. You didn't mention it in your reply so you either knew you were wrong when you made the statement or learned after I corrected you.                    

As for our precious right to vote that so many have fought and died for, voter suppression takes many insidious forms. An example in the state of Florida governor Rick Scott on the afternoon of march 2 this year ordered his secretary of state to remove 75,000 minority voters from the rolls, no explaination or juristication was given. In states that have passed id laws they have provided a solution where there is no problem. There are more people struck dead by lightning than cases of voter fraud. I have no doubt you already know this to be true and know the only reason for these laws is to reduce the number of people who can vote, particularly young, old and infirmed who tend to not vote republican. Money, access to a computer and transportation can all be obstacles to obtaining an id. Many of these people have always voted and now will be denied. If the state wants to aid these people in obtaining an id it would show them to be acting in good faith. Unfortunately they value winning an election above maintaining our democracy.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

http://www.nbra.info/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Slavery:__Democrats_Fought_to_Expand_It___Republicans_Fought_to_End_It

During the Civil War, President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863 which ordered the freeing of slaves in states that were rebelling against Union forces.  Republicans passed the Thirteenth Amendment on January 31, 1865 that was ratified on December 6, 1865 to abolish all slavery in the United States.

In the book “The Political Lincoln: An Encyclopedia” Professors Paul Finkleman and Martin J. Hershock debunk the absurd myth that President Lincoln was somehow a “racist” because of his measured approach to ending slavery in the rebelling South first, while waging a war to end all slavery throughout the nation.

Just a little more facts for you.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

We all know that all the right care's about is the 1 percent. I pray a lot that there isn't a chance for them or the poor and the regular people like us will be gone. All there will be left is that 1 percent. I don't know where to go or what to do to get the word out there that is you are not rich don't vote republican.Even if people don't like Obama which I didn't at first. I wanted Hillary and Obama after Hillary, we have to have him for his second term. He has tried to do a lot of what he promised. He got Bin Laden. He go us out of Iraq. He is making sure we are getting health care. He could do so much more if it weren't for the dam republcans voting against what he is trying to do for us. The republicans are even trying as hard as they can to make sure we can't vote. Please vote. You see what Kissy posted what they are trying to do to us and I'm sure there is a lot more. Vote in our best interest.

So much of your post is just wrong.  But whatever.  The part I cannot ignore or let slide is the part in red.  That is just so much propaganda, I can't believe you all are swallowing that!  Do you honestly think that the party that worked so hard to pass all the civil rights laws would prevent those same people from voting?  THINK about it.  Yes, there are things wrong with the Republican party,  but this is NOT even one of those pr

Unfortuneunately you have your facts backwards. It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratic party that passed the civil right legislation. On voting rights it's estimated that 5 million people who have always voted or would otherwise be eligable to vote won't be able to, due to the disenfranchisement laws passed by republican legislatures in a number of states.

HOW??  HOW would those 5 million NOT be able to vote?  Why and how does requiring an ID make them ineligible to vote?  The ONLY way that makes any kind of sense at all is that they are not eligible in the first place.  So, please, educate me on this:  How does requiring an ID make someone ineligible to vote?  I'll check back for an expla

You asked to be educated, I hope that means you will be truly receptive to the facts. Firstly, I believe you contended that it was the republicans who fought for and passed the civil rights amendment, when in fact it was president Johnson and the democrats who were responsible. You didn't mention it in your reply so you either knew you were wrong when you made the statement or learned after I corrected you.                    

As for our precious right to vote that so many have fought and died for, voter suppression takes many insidious forms. An example in the state of Florida governor Rick Scott on the afternoon of march 2 this year ordered his secretary of state to remove 75,000 minority voters from the rolls, no explaination or juristication was given. In states that have passed id laws they have provided a solution where there is no problem. There are more people struck dead by lightning than cases of voter fraud. I have no doubt you already know this to be true and know the only reason for these laws is to reduce the number of people who can vote, particularly young, old and infirmed who tend to not vote republican. Money, access to a computer and transportation can all be obstacles to obtaining an id. Many of these people have always voted and now will be denied. If the state wants to aid these people in obtaining an id it would show them to be acting in good faith. Unfortunately they value winning an election above maintaining our democracy.

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Good grief.  The new liberal way of educating:  THIS is what I say, and since I say it, it is true.   Since you did not provide any links, proof, or evidence beyond your own opinion, and I really want to know how requiring an ID makes someone ineligible to vote, well, I looked up the example you alluded to.  I found that "The sweeping elections package shrinks the number of early voting days, forces voters to cast provisional ballots if they move between counties and fail to change their address before Election Day and imposes new regulations on voter registration groups....  The new law shrinks from 10 days to 48 hours the time in which third-party groups must submit registration forms to supervisors and requires that each person who signs up voters be registered with the state or face fines up to $1,000.

Also:  "Under previous law, it was too easy for bad actors to game Florida's voter registration system, and consequently our voters fell victim," Diaz de la Portilla, R-Miami, said in a statement. "It helps ensure that voters properly register and head to the polls at the right time. This is an issue that needs to be addressed and this bill upholds the significance of the voting process."

Yep.  Completely wiping names off the voter rolls.  Really?  I didn't find that.  And since the states that want to enact a voter ID law have voluntarily offered to get the people an ID at NO COST (read:  FREE!!!!) complete with rides to wherever they need to go to get one, your argument that money, a computer (?? how does a computer help you get an ID????) and transportation are completely invalidated. 

I'll wait if you want to try again.  The question is How does requiring an ID make someone ineligible to vote?  I'll even rephrase it so it won't be so confusing.  If a person is totally eligible to vote in an election, how would requiring an ID (to prove who the person is) instantly make that person INELIGIBLE to vote? 

source for my info re Rick Scott and the voting laws:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/gov-scott-signs-contentious-election-law-that-limits-1486093.html?viewAsSinglePage=true

Oh, wait, that was in May of 2011.  Well, I've been looking and looking for something to support your claim that 75000 minority voters were arbitrarily stricken from the rolls in March of this year.  I found nothing.  nada.  Zilch, zip, and zero.  If you really believe that happened, provide a link.  Otherwise, I will consider that just a bit of propaganda from the dem side.  Good try, though. 

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That is because it's not true. 29again. You rock!

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Good grief.  The new liberal way of educating:  THIS is what I say, and since I say it, it is true.   Since you did not provide any links, proof, or evidence beyond your own opinion, and I really want to know how requiring an ID makes someone ineligible to vote, well, I looked up the example you alluded to.  I found that "The sweeping elections package shrinks the number of early voting days, forces voters to cast provisional ballots if they move between counties and fail to change their address before Election Day and imposes new regulations on voter registration groups....  The new law shrinks from 10 days to 48 hours the time in which third-party groups must submit registration forms to supervisors and requires that each person who signs up voters be registered with the state or face fines up to $1,000.

Also:  "Under previous law, it was too easy for bad actors to game Florida's voter registration system, and consequently our voters fell victim," Diaz de la Portilla, R-Miami, said in a statement. "It helps ensure that voters properly register and head to the polls at the right time. This is an issue that needs to be addressed and this bill upholds the significance of the voting process."

Yep.  Completely wiping names off the voter rolls.  Really?  I didn't find that.  And since the states that want to enact a voter ID law have voluntarily offered to get the people an ID at NO COST (read:  FREE!!!!) complete with rides to wherever they need to go to get one, your argument that money, a computer (?? how does a computer help you get an ID????) and transportation are completely invalidated. 

I'll wait if you want to try again.  The question is How does requiring an ID make someone ineligible to vote?  I'll even rephrase it so it won't be so confusing.  If a person is totally eligible to vote in an election, how would requiring an ID (to prove who the person is) instantly make that person INELIGIBLE to vote? 

source for my info re Rick Scott and the voting laws:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/gov-scott-signs-contentious-election-law-that-limits-1486093.html?viewAsSinglePage=true

Oh, wait, that was in May of 2011.  Well, I've been looking and looking for something to support your claim that 75000 minority voters were arbitrarily stricken from the rolls in March of this year.  I found nothing.  nada.  Zilch, zip, and zero.  If you really believe that happened, provide a link.  Otherwise, I will consider that just a bit of propaganda from the dem side.  Good try, though. 

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks!  I just like facts, and supporting evidence, that's all  LOL!

Quoting numbr1wmn:

That is because it's not true. 29again. You rock!

Facts
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
http://www.black-and-right.com/the-democrat-race-lie/
asfriend
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM
i think they were only listing relevent things

Quoting jejstover:

The OP asks ... have I missed any?

The answer would be yes ...  add Libertarians to that list.

Jan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM
how is it, that the "right" which at any point represents a statistical majority of about 55% of the country only cares about the 1% how does that work? how would we benefit from that?

Quoting DixieL:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM
i'm sure it's not your fault, undoubtly you went to a government school, but your grasp of history is horrible.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting DixieL:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)