Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Democrats' 'One Mission In Life Is To Abort Children'

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 29 Replies

Phil Bryant, Mississippi Governor: Democrats' 'One Mission In Life Is To Abort Children'

04/25/2012 5:17 pm Updated: 04/25/2012 5:22 pm

Phil Bryant

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant (R), in defending his decision to sign a bill that could shut down Mississippi's only abortion clinic, told conservative radio host Tony Perkins on Tuesday that Democrats' "one mission in life is to abortion children."

"Even if you believe in abortion, the hypocrisy of the left that now tried to kill this bill, that says that I should have never signed it, the true hypocrisy is that their one mission in life is to abort children, is to kill children in the womb," he said. "It doesn't really matter, they don't care if the mother's life is in jeopardy, that if something goes wrong that a doctor can't admit them to a local hospital, that he's not even board certified."

"We passed that bill and I think you'll see other states follow, and when that happens, at least these fly-in abortionists are going to be regulated under the state laws of the Medical Procedures Act here in the state of Mississippi as they should be across the nation," he said.

The bill in question, HB 1390, requires that all physicians who perform abortions in Mississippi have admitting privileges at the local hospital and be board certified in obstetrics and gynecology.

While all of the physicians at the one clinic in the state are currently board certified OB-GYNs, only one of them has admitting privileges at a local hospital. The other two physicians can't get privileges because they live out of state, and the owner of the clinic has said it can't operate with only one doctor on staff.

Following Bryant's comments on the bill, Perkins took a dig at the Democrats who opposed it.

"Well, the driving factor is profit for many of them," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/phil-bryant-mississippi-governor-abortion_n_1453583.html

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ac10
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I'm ashamed to be from Mississippi...

jadedcynic
by Nerdilicious on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yet, these are the same people who want to limit access to birth control. They don't seem to realize that  increased availability of birth control and sex education = reduced number of abortions.

matreshka
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:23 PM

This is really sad.  These are people who don't realize some women are going to do it anyway, or they will be neglectful mothers or the babies will be put in the foster system.

Those who speak so vehemntly against abortion never want to help the unwanted babies once they are here.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM

How does one abort a child?

lga1965
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM

YIKES!!!  Umm, gee, I object.

He's a mean nasty person. I hope he has no relatives who are Democrats. He will be in hot water with them.

Talk about generalizations. Ugh. stick out tongue mini

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a very smart man! I so glad people are finally realizing how bad this are. Why do people even support abortion in the first place. (my touch screen slide type works again )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this

And there it is...

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I feel sorry for women who live in states where the government makes their Constitutional choices difficult or impossible.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM

WOW I feel bad.I am a mother of 3 married 34 years and never aborted a baby.Does that make me an unDemocrat??????????????? What an ass wipe that man is.

imamomzilla
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Well, maybe not ALL Dems...but a good majority of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)