Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

THE FLAG IS GONE. Have You Noticed?!?!?!?!

THE FLAG IS GONE. Have You Noticed?

For a long time, we have noticed that the decor at the White House has changed since BHO moved in.

The Oval Office is now stripped of the traditional red, white, and blue,and replaced with middle eastern wallpaper, drapes, and decor.. The hallway that he walks out of to talk to the press now has middle eastern chairs, drapes, etc. And the thing that has bothered me the most is the bright yellow drape behind him every time he speaks from the white house. It has Arabic symbols on it and has been there from the beginning.
Today I received this and it clearly shows what I have been noticing. That bright yellow curtain is highly visible, but as you scroll down, you will see what is predominantly absent. Also, as you look at the pictures of other presidents speaking from the same spot, look at the traditional 'American' background and decor as opposed to the new decor. Trust me when I say that this is intentional. It should alarm every American.
What is missing at Barack Hussein Obama's press conference?

No it is not the teleprompters. See the other presidents pics for a clue.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

GEORGE WALKER BUSH

WILLIAM JEFFERSON BLYTHE CLINTON

GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH

RONALD WILSON REAGAN

That's right...no American flags!!!
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Replies (221-230):
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Unless stated to the contrary, it is assumed the OP agrees with what she is posting.  You must have known that when you posted and the insinuation was certainly there by not saying otherwise.  All I can figure is that you are some kind of strange person that likes getting ripped apart.  Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for explaining this!

As for the OP, people like you are why I had to change affiliations from being a Republican.  I still believe in the very basic principles of small government, states' rights, etc, but I can NOT get on board with this conspiracy theory, radical horseshit.  Barack Obama is as American as you are.  You should be ashamed of yourself for posting and believing this kind of nonsense. 

Do yourselves a favor.

Go to Google and click on "images".  Then type in "Obama press conference".  You will see all manner of still shots of him at press conferences, some with flags, some without, some with the yellow curtain, some without.

Now Google "Bush press conference".  Guess what you'll see?

Some with flags, some without, and the yellow curtains.

Everyone can now remove their tin foil hats.  :-)

Where did you hear me say I believed this? 

I wouldn't have had much fun reading through all these replies if I had posted it as anything but TRUTH!  lol

Remind me not to share humor here again.  The Poodle is fun and sarcastic. 

I guess you don't recognize satire when you see it.  ;)

There was nothing remotely humorous or sarcastic about this post.  I recognized garbage when I saw it, which is why I posted for people to check it out, but there are people (especially people who hate Obama, as do you) who believe almost anything negative posted about him.

You have a habit of putting your foot in your mouth, Roma. You fallaciously accuse others of hatred and negativity when your own words demonstrate the latter. Did it ever occur to you that millions of Americans do NOT support the policies of the current admin which has 0 to do with hatred. We dearly love this Country and are deeply concerned about the path Obama is taking America. I am sorry you are unwilling to discern the difference between hating an individual and not approving of their policies/decisionmaking.

If you don't agree with what you post or it's humor or sarcasm, there are ways to indicate that.  Otherwise, no one will bother parsing out "does she mean this?  doesn't she mean this?" each time something is posted.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Unless stated to the contrary, it is assumed the OP agrees with what she is posting.  You must have known that when you posted and the insinuation was certainly there by not saying otherwise.  All I can figure is that you are some kind of strange person that likes getting ripped apart.  Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

As for the OP, people like you are why I had to change affiliations from being a Republican.  I still believe in the very basic principles of small government, states' rights, etc, but I can NOT get on board with this conspiracy theory, radical horseshit.  Barack Obama is as American as you are.  You should be ashamed of yourself for posting and believing this kind of nonsense. 

Do yourselves a favor.

Go to Google and click on "images".  Then type in "Obama press conference".  You will see all manner of still shots of him at press conferences, some with flags, some without, some with the yellow curtain, some without.

I wouldn't have had much fun reading through all these replies if I had posted it as anything but TRUTH!  lol

There was nothing remotely humorous or sarcastic about this post.  I recognized garbage when I saw it, which is why I posted for people to check it out, but there are people (especially people who hate Obama, as do you) who believe almost anything negative posted about him.

You have a habit of putting your foot in your mouth, Roma. You fallaciously accuse others of hatred and negativity when your own words demonstrate the latter. Did it ever occur to you that millions of Americans do NOT support the policies of the current admin which has 0 to do with hatred. We dearly love this Country and are deeply concerned about the path Obama is taking America. I am sorry you are unwilling to discern the difference between hating an individual and not approving of their policies/decisionmaking.

If you don't agree with what you post or it's humor or sarcasm, there are ways to indicate that.  Otherwise, no one will bother parsing out "does she mean this?  doesn't she mean this?" each time something is posted.

I can discern many things, including stupidity and bullshit.

Your posts are telling.  Oh woe.....

What a shame that you spend so much time dividing people up by what they think and believe instead of debating actual topics.  You seem incapable.  Should I discern therefore that you are incapable?  

It is a very large DUH that there are "millions" of Americans who don't like the President and/or his policies.  That would be for ANY president.  

Most Americans dearly love their country.  They don't agree on what is best.  Disagreeing with you on what is best doesn't mean less love of country.

Do you have a point?

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks like the same curtains GW Bush had Hummmmm

Quoting lga1965:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/ovaloffice.asp

Check this. Snopes says that this is FALSE. It is something that has been forwarded in E-mails since 2010. There is written and photographic evdence to show this is false. Whenever mass E-mails are sent, check them first at Snopes. It is embarassing to spread FALSE rumors,you know. Well, worse than embarassing.

PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

What a shame that you spend so much time dividing people up by what they think and believe instead of debating actual topics.  You seem incapable.  Should I discern therefore that you are incapable?  

It is a very large DUH that there are "millions" of Americans who don't like the President and/or his policies.  That would be for ANY president.  

Most Americans dearly love their country.  They don't agree on what is best.  Disagreeing with you on what is best doesn't mean less love of country.

Do you have a point?

Yeah.

This is reminiscent of the Great 2008 Flag Pin Controversy - who wears a flag pin?  Who doesn't?  Because that is apparently how one measures patriotism and love of country.

It's a non-issue. 

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Do yourselves a favor.

Your own words tell a different story Roma...

Division not my cup of tea. Pointing out injustice and false accusations toward other members esp when you say they hate the President is a responsibility of any decent person irrespective of Party affiliation. I do not believe Poodles hates the President. Like many Americans we are deeply concerned if Obama is re-elected.

And hatred not part of the picture Roma as you accused others of...

You are the one who used hatred as a wedge against the OP to illustrate your point....

Do you have a point?

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I guess you don't gave a point, as per usual.

Have a scintillating day!

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Do yourselves a favor.

Your own words tell a different story Roma...

Division not my cup of tea. Pointing out injustice and false accusations toward other members esp when you say they hate the President is a responsibility of any decent person irrespective of Party affiliation. I do not believe Poodles hates the President. Like many Americans we are deeply concerned if Obama is re-elected.

And hatred not part of the picture Roma as you accused others of...

You are the one who used hatred as a wedge against the OP to illustrate your point....

Do you have a point?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quote:

Are you making a joke?
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Do yourselves a favor.

Do you have a point?

In red:  Yes, it is very telling of your responses when someone disagrees with you and won't back down.  The personal insults and the language both come out.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Kmary:

Do yourselves a favor.

Do you have a point?

In red:  Yes, it is very telling of your responses when someone disagrees with you and won't back down.  The personal insults and the language both come out.

Where did I personally insult someone?  Are you insinuating that one of the other posters wrote things that were stupid or "bull"?  

All I indicated was my ability to discern such things.  

I don't see much in the way of disagreements in this thread.  The original poster put something that was a bunch of lies as a thread, that many thought was legitimate.  Some people tried to clear up the notion that there was any truth to the original assertions. The original poster has now said she knew it was junk but was having some "fun" with everyone.  

Because I think that was a bad move to post something without indicating that it wasn't legitimate, I have been attacked by people who normally dislike me.  I'm OK with that.  They are who they are.

I still can tell stupidity and "bull" when I see it.  Oh, to be one of the chosen....

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

Do you have a point?

Yeah.

This is reminiscent of the Great 2008 Flag Pin Controversy - who wears a flag pin?  Who doesn't?  Because that is apparently how one measures patriotism and love of country.

It's a non-issue. 

Let's send the President a flag pin and tell him to attach it to his Arabic curtains.

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN