Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

THE FLAG IS GONE. Have You Noticed?!?!?!?!

THE FLAG IS GONE. Have You Noticed?

For a long time, we have noticed that the decor at the White House has changed since BHO moved in.

The Oval Office is now stripped of the traditional red, white, and blue,and replaced with middle eastern wallpaper, drapes, and decor.. The hallway that he walks out of to talk to the press now has middle eastern chairs, drapes, etc. And the thing that has bothered me the most is the bright yellow drape behind him every time he speaks from the white house. It has Arabic symbols on it and has been there from the beginning.
Today I received this and it clearly shows what I have been noticing. That bright yellow curtain is highly visible, but as you scroll down, you will see what is predominantly absent. Also, as you look at the pictures of other presidents speaking from the same spot, look at the traditional 'American' background and decor as opposed to the new decor. Trust me when I say that this is intentional. It should alarm every American.
What is missing at Barack Hussein Obama's press conference?

No it is not the teleprompters. See the other presidents pics for a clue.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

GEORGE WALKER BUSH

WILLIAM JEFFERSON BLYTHE CLINTON

GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH

RONALD WILSON REAGAN

That's right...no American flags!!!
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Replies (61-70):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting IAGAL:

LMFAO! I just love the face you people sit here and get all bent out of shape over one person's PERSONAL thought...moving on now! :) take care! <3

It is implied, when you put your personal thoughts on a public discussion board, that those thoughts will be discussed.  If you aren't actually comfortable discussing them, it would probably be better not to put them out there.  Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences from said speech.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

tinamatt
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

I personally would want a White American man as our leader. I want tradition brought back to our white house. Not a woman in office and no other race. That is my personal thought on the matter.

It's still a free country, and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

What, in your view, about the melanin content of a person's skin makes them more or less qualified to be Presid

Obama was great to start...he has changed things to make it comfort of his personal belifes or whatever. Sense he's been pres. there as been black this black that---examples...Black dating sites(with commericals! If white people ever thought of that--it would be war or my goodness if they thought of it first!)

So Obama is responsible for black dating sites? 

All black t.v. shows.

The Cosby Show was a "black TV show" that aired during the administrations of Ronald Reagan and the first George Bush.  So was "A Different World".  BET--Black Entertainment Television--was founded in 1980, during the adminstration of Jimmy Carter.  "Black TV shows" were around long before President Obama.

..black pres on American flag...

That was the stunt of a private citizen and not an officially sanctioned American flag (in fact, it was against the US Flag Code.)

I mean just too much--his public speeches only on the death of a black kid...

So Obama should make public speeches on all kids who go missing?  I do agree, I think he should have stayed out of the Trayvon Martin debacle in FL except to say, it's a tragic situation and the state should handle it.

and how many kids have gone missing???? its just annoying to see one race get public noticed for anything negitive...idk I could go on...nothing to do with the skin I guess, but I have yet to meet (including my bf) a black man that doesn't expect things handed to them by a white person or anyother race..

I don't like it when anyone plays the race card.  But I've met several blacks who do NOT believe that "things should be handed to them".  That comment is VERY demeaning to the blacks that don't believe that.

my boyfriend example said I'm raciest because I bought a nice white couch! UHHHH DUH! lol I hope he was kidding I didn't go more into it..but seriously I hear the cries all the time and just annoying!

I didn't vote for Obama in this election, don't plan to in the next one, but it's not because I want the "tradition" of "only white male Americans" in the White House.  It was "white male Americans" that got us into a lot of the messes that we are in now!

Tina

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia." -- From Peanuts.

jigsaw ribbon

Pedro and Napoleon 2012, Dynamite Party. 

Citygirlk
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

yes it is your personal thought but when you say things like "i want a white man as president" and things that follow up that comment with "i'd rather have thing the traditional way why change history" your going to get some backlash. And if you cant take it then dont bother posting your personal thought. 

Quoting IAGAL:

LMFAO! I just love the face you people sit here and get all bent out of shape over one person's PERSONAL thought...moving on now! :) take care! <3

Quoting Citygirlk:

so you say why change history right then if that is so then you as a woman wouldn't have the right to vote and blacks would still be enslaved is that what you want! ignorance is bliss you need to educate yourself and not believe everything you read or hear, just because its on the news does not make it true.

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

I personally would want a White American man as our leader. I want tradition brought back to our white house. Not a woman in office and no other race. That is my personal thought on the matter.

What, in your view, about the melanin content of a person's skin makes them more or less qualified to be Presid

Skin color shouldn't matter your right. What I'm tired about and honestly my loving boyfriend knows all too well how I feel about things. I adore him and my child to death and wouldn't change a thing...but lets be real...Obama was great to start...he has changed things to make it comfort of his personal belifes or whatever. Sense he's been pres. there as been black this black that---examples...Black dating sites(with commericals! If white people ever thought of that--it would be war or my goodness if they thought of it first!) All black t.v. shows...black pres on American flag...I mean just too much--his public speeches only on the death of a black kid...and how many kids have gone missing???? its just annoying to see one race get public noticed for anything negitive...idk I could go on...nothing to do with the skin I guess, but I have yet to meet (including my bf) a black man that doesn't expect things handed to them by a white person or anyother race..my boyfriend example said I'm raciest because I bought a nice white couch! UHHHH DUH! lol I hope he was kidding I didn't go more into it..but seriously I hear the cries all the time and just annoying!

So, not to put words in your mouth -- if I'm wrong, please correct me -- it sounds like you feel like black people are being "shoved in our faces"  since Obama has become President, and you are uncomfortable with that.  Would you say that is an accurate statement?

I'm uncomfortable on how things are being handled. I'm uncomfortable with our nation being one sided on things. I voted for him believe it or not. I agreed with some of his views. This with the flags removed from behind him, and showed many people that his views are not of what many Americans have in mind. His actions and his words have played a huge part in it too. Not saying if he was a Obama in white skin, things would be any better..but his thinking of way of life in America isn't what myself and many others think. Honestly, why change History? Why remove things that have been there forever? Do you know his religion that he went to church sense a child growing up is hateful towards anyother race besides whites? He claims to not follow that teachings..but any person that has been taught one way forever deep down believes it...and if he was against it fully he wouldn't still attend.

IAGAL
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

None of what ya'll are saying is bothering me one bit..I'm having a slow day at the job and actually am enjoying pissing people off. At first it was my personal thought and you my dear can't tell anyone when or when not to post something...if you don't like the see or hear the personal thoughts of others then so be it...live your life..I'm not going anywhere! ;) Till we argue again! <3s your way toots!

Quoting Citygirlk:

yes it is your personal thought but when you say things like "i want a white man as president" and things that follow up that comment with "i'd rather have thing the traditional way why change history" your going to get some backlash. And if you cant take it then dont bother posting your personal thought. 

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting Citygirlk:

so you say why change history right then if that is so then you as a woman wouldn't have the right to vote and blacks would still be enslaved is that what you want! ignorance is bliss you need to educate yourself and not believe everything you read or hear, just because its on the news does not make it true.

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Skin color shouldn't matter your right. What I'm tired about and honestly my loving boyfriend knows all too well how I feel about things. I adore him and my child to death and wouldn't change a thing...but lets be real...Obama was great to start...he has changed things to make it comfort of his personal belifes or whatever. Sense he's been pres. there as been black this black that---examples...Black dating sites(with commericals! If white people ever thought of that--it would be war or my goodness if they thought of it first!) All black t.v. shows...black pres on American flag...I mean just too much--his public speeches only on the death of a black kid...and how many kids have gone missing???? its just annoying to see one race get public noticed for anything negitive...idk I could go on...nothing to do with the skin I guess, but I have yet to meet (including my bf) a black man that doesn't expect things handed to them by a white person or anyother race..my boyfriend example said I'm raciest because I bought a nice white couch! UHHHH DUH! lol I hope he was kidding I didn't go more into it..but seriously I hear the cries all the time and just annoying!

So, not to put words in your mouth -- if I'm wrong, please correct me -- it sounds like you feel like black people are being "shoved in our faces"  since Obama has become President, and you are uncomfortable with that.  Would you say that is an accurate statement?

I'm uncomfortable on how things are being handled. I'm uncomfortable with our nation being one sided on things. I voted for him believe it or not. I agreed with some of his views. This with the flags removed from behind him, and showed many people that his views are not of what many Americans have in mind. His actions and his words have played a huge part in it too. Not saying if he was a Obama in white skin, things would be any better..but his thinking of way of life in America isn't what myself and many others think. Honestly, why change History? Why remove things that have been there forever? Do you know his religion that he went to church sense a child growing up is hateful towards anyother race besides whites? He claims to not follow that teachings..but any person that has been taught one way forever deep down believes it...and if he was against it fully he wouldn't still attend.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM
6 moms liked this

Enjoying pissing people off is the sign of a troll. Have fun ladies I don't play with trolls.

Citygirlk
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IAGAL:

None of what ya'll are saying is bothering me one bit..I'm having a slow day at the job and actually am enjoying pissing people off. At first it was my personal thought and you my dear can't tell anyone when or when not to post something...if you don't like the see or hear the personal thoughts of others then so be it...live your life..I'm not going anywhere! ;) Till we argue again! <3s your way toots!

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Citygirlk
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

its ok i put up my video so everyone can know exactly what she is lol.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Enjoying pissing people off is the sign of a troll. Have fun ladies I don't play with trolls.

IAGAL
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Super sad I can't see this link...dumb computer at work as them silly little blocks! ugh will have to wait until I get home...if its cyber butterfly kisses..feelings mutal! :)

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting IAGAL:

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If The President does it it is wrong.If bush did it it is right.No matter what The President does it is going to cause a huge back lash.Unbelievable isn't it?

Quoting romalove:

Do yourselves a favor.

Go to Google and click on "images".  Then type in "Obama press conference".  You will see all manner of still shots of him at press conferences, some with flags, some without, some with the yellow curtain, some without.

Now Google "Bush press conference".  Guess what you'll see?

Some with flags, some without, and the yellow curtains.

Everyone can now remove their tin foil hats.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)