Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Women's Lives Would Be Better With a Republican President (The Stir)

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 97 Replies
6 moms liked this

Older article, but great nonetheless....

Posted by Jenny Erikson

All four Republican candidates for President are staunch supporters of women’s rights. They unabashedly campaign for the rights of every American to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They do not believe any person should be discriminated against based on race, age, or gender.

Mitt Romney’s marriage is one of my favorite things about the man. A person can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats his wife, and the sheer adoration Mitt has for Ann reveals that he absolutely believes women are equal to men. If he didn’t believe women to be capable or intelligent, he’d never seek his wife’s advice, but as he told Larry King in 2007, "She's also my best counselor. There is no issue that is important to me, political or personal, in terms of personnel type issues, that I don't ask Ann's advice."

Rick Santorum has openly stated that he would never restrict a women’s access to birth control, even as he opposed a law that would force churches to provide health care coverage to their female employees, even if it went against the tenants of their faith. He said:

That has nothing to do with the right of a woman ... we're not talking about denying women the access to contraception, they can go and get it, but we're talking about having a church of which they happen to chose to work for and they know their position in working for them, you're now forcing them as a condition of employing people to pay for something that again is a grievous moral wrong.

How about that ... Santorum even believes that women should have a right to choose their own place of employment.

Newt Gingrich is fighting like mad for the rights of unborn females. He believes that they should be given personhood status and protection under the law. Ok, he likes everyone in the unborn demographic and will work hard to ensure fetal equality in the United States.

No matter who wins the GOP ticket, moms’ lives will improve with a Republican president in 2013, because everyone’s lives will improve. Government spending will be slashed, a budget might actually pass, hiring restrictions will be lifted, Boeing might open its factory in South Carolina, and there’s a possibility we could create a million new jobs and lower the cost of gas by drilling for oil right here in the good old U. S. of A.

What mama wouldn’t want a President intent on getting the government out of our personal and professional lives so that we can work hard to provide our kids and raise them as we see fit?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

"All four Republican candidates for President are staunch supporters of women’s rights."

Mitt, Rick, Newt, and who is that fourth one?  Oh, right-the one we can't talk about.

jejstover
by Jan on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting rachelrothchild:

"All four Republican candidates for President are staunch supporters of women’s rights."

Mitt, Rick, Newt, and who is that fourth one?  Oh, right-the one we can't talk about.

Yep ... a perfect example of what we Ron Paul supporters have been pointing out about the discrepancy in the media's coverage of this presidential candidates.

One has to ask themselves what is the reason for not mentioning Ron Paul by name in this article?

This 12 time elected Congressman, whose medical career has included the delivery of over 4,000 babies and actually prescribing birth control for women, and whose personal life has seen him married to the same woman for over 50 years ... yes, let's not mention him ... and why would that be? What is the motivation behind such an omission?

Jan

LIMom1105
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM
7 moms liked this

This is a piece of propaganda poof. When will you begin to post actual news? But I found her central arguments amusing.

Okay, if a good husband equals a good President, then Gingrich shouldn't even be considered. Why he made her article when she stated this as a great criteria for judging a President, I don't know. Romney does seem like a good husband, but I would say Obama does also. Bush did as well, and he was a terrible President. Clinton was a disastrous husband, but many argue he was one of our most effective modern Presidents.

Santorum unabashedly campaigned to limit women's access to birth control, and gay Americans apparently do not earn the same right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as other Americans, so I cannot see how he would help women or Americans whose lifestyles he does not personally aprove of.

And what exactly does Romney propose doing to get Americans back to work? I have seen nothing but fluff answers, nothing of substance. What is his plan? Paul Ryan's budget plan calls for slashing programs that generally benefit women and children--Medicaid, Medicare, education, food stamps, public assistance, etc.

If you come back with an actual news article that outlines why the Republicans are better for women than Dems, I'll read it, but this is just silly.

jejstover
by Jan on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

What mama wouldn’t want a President intent on getting the government out of our personal and professional lives so that we can work hard to provide our kids and raise them as we see fit?

Agreed ... which is another reason why I am a Libertarian. The Libertarian Party via its philosophy, platform and candidates recognizes, supports, and works to advance the concepts and practices of minimum government and maximum freedom.

http://www.lp.org/platform

Jan

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

If you ask me, a person who provides medical services to women and who has served as an OB/GYN is one of the biggest proponents of women's rights.  He's a threat to the status quo.  If we don't mention him, people will forget about him and he'll go away, right?

Quoting jejstover:

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Yep ... a perfect example of what we Ron Paul supporters have been pointing out about the discrepancy in the media's coverage of this presidential candidates.

One has to ask themselves what is the reason for not mentioning Ron Paul by name in this article?

This 12 time elected Congressman, whose medical career has included the delivery of over 4,000 babies and actually prescribing birth control for women, and whose personal life has seen him married to the same woman for over 50 years ... yes, let's not mention him ... and why would that be? What is the motivation behind such an omission?

Jan

CafeMom Tickers
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this

lol is this really from The Onion?  Sounds like a joke to me.

asfriend
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Do you have a factual disagrement with a particular point in the article, or facts don't matter?

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you momzilla. Great post smile mini

Pema_Jampa
Aicha
Monday at 7:04 PM
Khaled, Taha, Faudel - Aicha - Live HD

Live Concert - 1,2,3 Soleils - 1998 ***Warning*** The last person who copied/stole this video to his account was reported and YT removed his copy of this video.

by Celeste on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Maybe. What really matters are the people in congress. They are the ones making the changes. 

asfriend
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting jejstover:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Agreed ... which is another reason why I am a Libertarian. The Libertarian Party via its philosophy, platform and candidates recognizes, supports, and works to advance the concepts and practices of minimum government and maximum freedom.

http://www.lp.org/platform

Jan

Do you see any conflict coming on posting concern that Paul is not mentioned by name in the Republican race, while all the time you are promoting the Libt party? Just curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)