Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your top 3 issues that you MUST share with the candidate you vote for?

Different, but not less~Temple Grandin

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momniscient
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Reproductive rights

Equity

Sustainability

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

Reproductive rights

Equity

Sustainability

Equity or equality? If equity, in what regards? Thanks.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Health care (including a woman's right to make choices for her body)

Environment and renewable clean energy

Education

American job creation/retention

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Quoting _Kissy_:

live and let live
antiwar
proeducation
prohealthcare

yea I can't count lol

Pro-education In what regards? Pro more money needs to be given towards education? Pro states need to take over and get out of education altogether?

Pro-health care, in what regards? Pro-Obama care? Pro-health care reform?

Just wondering. Thanks.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Anti-war

Constitutional freedom

Small Gov't

I like this!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Sustainability in all things:  Energy, foreign policy, economic policy, etc.

Staying out of the private lives of adults

Job creation

Women's rights

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting NWP:

Health care (including a woman's right to make choices for her body)

Environment and renewable clean energy

Education

American job creation/retention

Health care as in health care reform or pro-Obama-care?

Also, Education? What issues exactly? Thanks in advance.

Momniscient
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Momniscient:

Reproductive rights

Equity

Sustainability

Equity. Our entire national ideology has gotten tied up in the notion of equality and I think it's a false notion. And one that causes a lot of problems.

Not everyone needs the same things or starts from the same line. Equity is much much much more important in my opinion than equality.

Ex: I wouldn't expect a classroom teacher to think that teaching every child in the exact same manner (equality) is productive or conducive to a sensible classroom. I would expect a classroom teacher to adjust the approach to try to enable children to be able to find their strength and succeed in what they excel at (equity). If Johnny needs extra time to do his homework because he is dyslexic he should be allowed the time. That doesn't mean that Sheila, who is not dyslexic NEEDS the extra time but should be given it anyway because Johnny was. Equality v Equity.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Momniscient:

Reproductive rights

Equity

Sustainability

Equity. Our entire national ideology has gotten tied up in the notion of equality and I think it's a false notion. And one that causes a lot of problems.

Not everyone needs the same things or starts from the same line. Equity is much much much more important in my opinion than equality.

Ex: I wouldn't expect a classroom teacher to think that teaching every child in the exact same manner (equality) is productive or conducive to a sensible classroom. I would expect a classroom teacher to adjust the approach to try to enable children to be able to find their strength and succeed in what they excel at (equity). If Johnny needs extra time to do his homework because he is dyslexic he should be allowed the time. That doesn't mean that Sheila, who is not dyslexic NEEDS the extra time but should be given it anyway because Johnny was. Equality v Equity.

Thanks for the explanation. I love it! I've never heard anyone talk about equity in this manner. Thanks Momnicient. I learned something new today:)

_Kissy_
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM
get rid of ins companies and deal directly with the doctors and the hospitals. lower costs and not try to throw the next pill down our throats.
health care and the food industry needs to know what each drug or food their serving so we can start figuring out why there is a rise in childhood disease and cancer.
education needs to start with the 21st century yes I know our history matters but children need innovation and creativity not bored to death by the story if the Alamo. stop reading how america came to be but how to make America better.
this is my opinion and I know it will never happen..so
Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting _Kissy_:

live and let live
antiwar
proeducation
prohealthcare

yea I can't count lol

Pro-education In what regards? Pro more money needs to be given towards education? Pro states need to take over and get out of education altogether?

Pro-health care, in what regards? Pro-Obama care? Pro-health care reform?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)