Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Ok Be honest with me, is this mainly a Republican board?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just have to know because if it is I am just going to leave the group.  I prefer not to argue against rhetoric, morals and anything that doesn't even closely resemble a hard fact. 

So far, that is all I have read and been met with here. 

So be honest with me, is this board made up of mostly conservative "thinkers" who are all about NObama and "Anyone but Obama for 2012"?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Replies (41-43):
LIMom1105
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM

It's not impossible, just doesn't happen very often in my experience when looking at either end of the spectrum, far right or far left. I'm not talking about the majority of Republicans, a minority. 

Quoting asfriend:

Cause you couldn't possibly be well researched and still be an extreme Conservative. Good stuff.

Quoting LIMom1105:

Quoting rccmom:

I don't know what to tell you. I am fairly new to the board, and when I first hit it, it seemed overwhelmingly Republican, but I think it is due more to a very vocal few. There actually is quite a variety here, you just have to read the threads, try commenting, and find out who is willing to have a decent conversation. I promise, there are those who will converse and exchange ideas, and then there are those who cannot get beyond rhetoric. I have found some interesting conversations and ideas here, so stick around for a bit and see what you find. It also seems to go in cycles, so maybe you have hit it during a bad cycle. 

Agreed. Initially I thought OMG, this is hard-core Republican, but I do think there are a few very vocal people with extreme views who post frequently who happen to be Republican.  There are some Republicans who have less extreme, or more well researched views who post too, but I don't see their posts as frequently.

I'd guess it's somewhere in the middle, but it's hard to say. If you don't like the board though, quit. Life is too short.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Welcome to the group OP.  Take time and see for yourself what is what and who is who.  Even if the board were majority Republican (which I don't think it is) that's a good reason to stick around and be another viewpoint.

karisma22
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I haven't been on that long.  However, I'm not a Republican.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN