Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Boehner: I‘m Trying to ’Help’ Obama By Criticizing Him

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 3 Replies

House Speaker John Boehner on Sunday denied he’s gotten “tougher” on President Barack Obama — saying instead his strong words are a way to “help” him.

“The president’s getting some very bad advice from his campaign team,” Boehner (R-Ohio) said on CNN’s “State of the Union.“ ”He’s diminishing the presidency by picking fake fights, going after straw men every day.”

As evidence, Boehner cited the so-called Buffett Rule — where “even the president admitted it was a gimmick” — and new talk of student loan interest rates, saying Obama’s “picked the student loan fight where there is no fight.”

“The president’s bigger than this,” he said. “The presidency is important. America has big challenges, big fiscal challenges, and we’ve got big challenges for our economy, and the president ought to be working with Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill to address the big issues that affect the American people.”

Boehner later added, “The president’s getting some bad advice. Somebody’s got to help him out, so I thought I would.”

Watch below, via CNN:

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Sure he wants to help him...right over a cliff he wants to help him...

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I reallly do not like Boner. He always looks like he just ate a turd sandwhich.

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

That's sweet but he should know better. Obama isn't listening and never will be listening. All he cares about is getting reelected so he can further his progressive agenda of turning America into a hell hole

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN