Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Just wanted to apologize for my behavior last week. I had a bit of a breakdown, rough time dealing with losing my mom among other personal drama.I was emotionally, I don't even know the word, insane maybe. Everything is piling up and I keep trying to be strong.

I will strive to stick to the topics and ignore the drama and baiting. Hope everyone is well.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting _Kissy_:

hugs

Thank you, hugs are always good.

You've bathed recently, right? ; )

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hugs, Friday. 

Losing my mom was the hardest thing I've ever gone through.  It was a good 5-6 years before I could talk about her without tearing up.  I still can't talk about her without getting a huge lump in my throat. 

If you need to be mad, be mad.  If you need to vent, vent to us.  That's one of the benefits of a forum like this.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM

It gets better but it never goes away.  I lost my dad almost ten years ago and not a day goes by that he doesn't enter my mind.  The memories are to be treasured and enjoyed and in time that transition will occur for you. 

hugs

Quoting Friday:

Quoting godotherightthi:

I'm sorry about your mom.  We're all entitled to a few meltdowns now and then.

Thanks, it was in Jan but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get over the loss, we were very close.

I suppose but I always feel bad when I lash out, it's really not like me.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Quoting godotherightthi:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting godotherightthi:

I'm sorry about your mom.  We're all entitled to a few meltdowns now and then.

Thanks, it was in Jan but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get over the loss, we were very close.

I suppose but I always feel bad when I lash out, it's really not like me.

Someone once told me that there are things we get over and things we get through.  I can't imagine what a loss that is.  I'm sorry you're in pain :(

That is really good.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Hugs, Friday. 

Losing my mom was the hardest thing I've ever gone through.  It was a good 5-6 years before I could talk about her without tearing up.  I still can't talk about her without getting a huge lump in my throat. 

If you need to be mad, be mad.  If you need to vent, vent to us.  That's one of the benefits of a forum like this.

Thank you. It's one of those things dh and I had talked about dealing with but, Mom was only 69 and I thought she had more time left. She was a breast & skin(melanoma)cancer survivor so was monitored closely but they never checked her lungs because she quit 20 yrs ago. It all went so fast.

I have a copy of her wedding pic, to my step-dad, along the stairs and I always touch her face and tear up when I walk by it. It was one of her best days and even tho they only had 16 years together, they were the best of her life.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I lost my Mom 9 years ago January 7th.I know what you are going through.Really if you need to talk I am here for you anytime.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Oh Friday I am so sorry for your loss.I will keep you in my prayers.Ever need to vent again feel free to post a vent and I will be glad to listen.

Thank you. That's part of my problem, I'm bad about keeping my problems to myself. Don't want to burden others but I'm working on it.

_Kissy_
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Friday:

Quoting _Kissy_:

hugs

Thank you, hugs are always good.

You've bathed recently, right? ; )

only on full moons, it makes my coat shinier

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

*hugs*

_Bama_
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Friday... hugss... I know your pain very well... I lost my mother 9 years ago this coming up Thanksgiving day.. somedays it still hits me hard.

hugs

katzmeow726
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM

We all have those weeks hun...and we all have times we've said things we regret in here.  No one faults you for it, specially after all you have gone through!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN