Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Ann Romney wears a $1000 shirt while millions are struggling to feed themselves!! Is it insensitive??

Posted by   + Show Post

Like the shirt that Ann Romney was wearing on Tuesday? It’ll cost you a pretty penny.

The bird print top, made by Reed Krakoff costs $990, a saleswoman at the designer’s store in Manhattan told Styleite. The piece is part of the Krakoff’s spring 2012 ready-to-wear collection. A publicist for the line told ABC Newsthat they “had nothing to do with” Romney wearing the item. “She must have bought it from Saks or Bergdorf’s, we definitely didn’t send it to her,” she said.

Romney wore the shirt (but not the matching pants made to go with it) during an appearance on “CBS This Morning” with her husband, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Who cares? Not Bill Burton, former deputy press secretary under Obama, who defended Romney on “The Bill Press Show” on Tuesday.

“I’m of the view that Ann Romney should be off-limits,” Burton said. “…I remember in 2007 and 2008 when people would go after Mrs. Obama. I was enraged about it. Because you never know if they even signed up for this willingly. They may just be supportive and along for the ride.”

The Romney campaign didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

This is such a travesty!!!! Ann Romney is such an elitist. With millions struggling & unable to buy food for their family, she walks around in $1000 shirts. Is this the kind of 1st lady we want?? She should show some compassion and wear cheaper clothes & not flash all her money!......

...... Isn't this what they said when Mrs. Obama wore expensive clothes?? I wonder if they feel the same away about Ann. Come on GOP talk trash about Ann Romney the same way you talked trash about Michelle Obama during the 2008 campaign for all her expensive clothes...... Unless you're hypocrites! lol

Why is it okay to bash Michelle Obama about wearing designer clothes, but then the Right feels it's a non issue when Ann Romney wears designer clothes?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
new_mom808
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

I don't agree with that, but the same could be said about Obama and his wife too, what's your point?

I'm curious what you don't agree with.  It is, after all, their money to spend how they see fit.  And they do give a great deal of money to charity.  Or is it that you think it is a bad idea strategy-wise?

I just think spending a crazy amount of money on one item like that is crazy when one could just imagine how many mouths it could feed, especially when it comes to hungry and starving children. 

Why is it crazy? It is their money. They should be allowed to spend it how they see fit.

Also, are you aware that they donated over 4 million dollars to charity last year?

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Quoting _Kissy_:

have you seen the shirt, the only thing she should be ridiculed for is paying that much money for something that damn fugly.

Yes, this is 1 ugly shirt!! lol but it's her money!! lol

Abaco
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't matter to me what either Ann Romney buys to wear or Michelle BO buys to wear as long as they buy it with their own money and not at the expense of taxpayers.

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Today at 7:08 PM
by Blonde on May. 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

I don't agree with that, but the same could be said about Obama and his wife too, what's your point?

Michelle Obama under fire for wearing costly Lanvin sneakers

gmichelleshoe1.jpg

Is $540 too much to spend on a pair of sneakers?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/05/michelle_obama_under_fire_for.html

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Today at 7:08 PM
by Blonde on May. 3, 2012 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

I'm curious what you don't agree with.  It is, after all, their money to spend how they see fit.  And they do give a great deal of money to charity.  Or is it that you think it is a bad idea strategy-wise?

Not so much strategy but being sensitive to those during the campaign whom you may encounter, those less fortunate and struggling. I believe the same applies to Michelle Obama...

I just think spending a crazy amount of money on one item like that is crazy when one could just imagine how many mouths it could feed, especially when it comes to hungry and starving children. 

I agree Faith. I think it's in poor taste due to the economy. Many Americans are suffering and unemployed. If they want to dress up for a special occasion or an event @ the WH for ex. than wear your expensive clothes. On the campaign trail, a less expensive outfit would be more appropriate... jmho>

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on May. 3, 2012 at 5:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers worn to a homeless shelter

This is insensitive, right?

_Kissy_
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM
hey, at least Mrs. President knows what a homeless shelter looks like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

have you seen the shirt, the only thing she should be ridiculed for is paying that much money for something that damn fugly.

Why the hate?  angry

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on May. 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Maybe Michele Obama should have re thought her 500K trip to spain then on OUR DIME not her own like Ann Romney's shirt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/michelle-obama-spain-vacation-judicial-watch_n_1457302.html

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on May. 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

People wyho post shit like this doesn't understand the difference between their money and the taxpayers money.  Jealousy!

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting _Kissy_:

Why the hate?  angry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN