Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Poll Finds President Obama Is World's Most Respected Leader

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 86 Replies
2 moms liked this

Which Leaders Rock Our World? Drumroll, Please ...

Apr 23, 2010 – 5:55 PM
Text Size
(April 23) -- President Barack Obama is still the world's most respected leader, according to a new six-country poll.

Released today by France 24 and Radio France Internationale, the Harris Interactive Poll asked 6,135 adults between the ages of 16 and 64 who live in the United States, Britain, France, Italy, Germany or Spain to name their favorite world leaders.

Seventy-seven percent of those surveyed chose Obama, which is one percentage point higher than when Harris Interactive asked the same question in November.
Obama and Dalai Lama
Getty Images
President Obama and the Dalai Lama rank at the top of a new poll measuring the world's most popular leaders.

Close on his heels is the Dalai Lama, Tibet's spiritual leader, who was mentioned by 75 percent of those polled. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton came in third at 62 percent, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel was mentioned by 54 percent of respondents, good enough for fourth place. 

Taken between March 31 and April 12, the poll found that Pope Benedict XVI still ranked as the seventh most popular leader, despite the ongoing revelations about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. 

On the flip side of the coin, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Libya's Moammar Gadhafi and Chinese President Hu Jintao earned a collective thumbs-down as the world's least popular leaders.
"You are aware that the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex allows people the ability to store and recall past events as they occurred, right?"
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abaco
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
6 moms liked this

rolling on floor

Momniscient
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I know. You really respect Ahmadinejad don't you?

Quoting Abaco:

rolling on floor

erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM
7 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

I'm speechless.  I guess this shows you can get polls to say anything you want if you ask the right people and phrase the questions right.

I think I could be the nations best mom if I paid a poll company and had them ask questions in ways that made me look like a perfect mom.

Abaco
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Exactly......! I about fell off the chair after reading : )  the kids and dh are still laughing !

Quoting erika9009:

sidesplittinglaughter

I'm speechless.  I guess this shows you can get polls to say anything you want if you ask the right people and phrase the questions right.

I think I could be the nations best mom if I paid a poll company and had them ask questions in ways that made me look like a perfect mom.

rccmom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

"You are aware that the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex allows people the ability to store and recall past events as they occurred, right?"

I heard that last night on the Daily Show. Cracked me up!!

Wow! I didn't really expect it to be 70%. That is pretty high.

shimamab
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
6 moms liked this
That's awesome!!! A poll of over 6000 in 6 countries say our pres is #1 and our sec of state is #3....too bad, as Americans, we can't all be happy to see these results. Keep kicking butt, team USA :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Of course todays GOP lives in a different world. So they're not included in what we call the 'world'

butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM
5 moms liked this

I have several friends who are not American.  Their impression of Obama may surprise some of you, they quite like him and think he's *gasp* reasonable.

erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Hummm, so he's making other countries happy??????

He has failed as our president then.  That job is up to Hillary Clinton.  Maybe they should switch??

Quoting shimamab:

That's awesome!!! A poll of over 6000 in 6 countries say our pres is #1 and our sec of state is #3....too bad, as Americans, we can't all be happy to see these results. Keep kicking butt, team USA :)

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Reasonable for them????

His job is to be OUR (USA) president.

Quoting butlerro1013:

I have several friends who are not American.  Their impression of Obama may surprise some of you, they quite like him and think he's *gasp* reasonable.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN