Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG Limbaugh: Advertisers that left after the fluke are still using his name

Posted by   + Show Post

On his Wednesday program, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh — who took heat from advertisers after his ill-advised comments about Georgetown Law student and self-described contraception activist Sandra Fluke — said two of those advertisers are still using his name and brand despite having dropped him after the incident.

Limbaugh said he was notified by an intellectual property attorney that he could have a claim against these former advertisers.

“I did not know this was going on,” he explained. “I got an email from a very famous lawyer friend of mine. I know a lot of lawyer’s — my dad was on. My grandfather was one. My cousin is a federal judge. ‘Dear Mr. Limbaugh, I’m an intellectual property attorney and fan of yours and I believe you may have an unfair competition claim against Shari’s Berries.’ Apparently ladies and gentlemen, and you need to know this — both ProFlowers and Shari’s Berries are still using the offer code ‘RUSH’ in advertising for those products.”

“I need you to know they are not advertisers here,” he added. “They are two advertisers that went public during the Sandra Fluke episode and expressed their shock and their outrage, how they could no longer possibly be associated with anything like this program. And yet they continue to try and associate themselves with this program.”

Limbaugh pointed out that RushBerries.com and RushProFlowers.com redirect back to the websites for Shari’s Berries and the ProFlowers, both brands of the online company Provide Commerce, Inc. He also mentioned that some radio spots may have still been running with the offer code “RUSH” despite disassociating with his program.

“The most we can do with it here on the air is to let you know that we have no official linkage — we’re not part, they’re not advertisers here,” he said. “They’re making it very tough. We tried to play this above board, but there are a number of advertisers who back then in the heat of the moment canceled then asked to come back. We said no to them. This is an attempt here after they went public with ‘how they could not possibly be associated with such a program,’ they endeavor to be associated with the program on the sly. So I just wanted you to know.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/02/limbaugh-advertisers-that-left-after-fluke-controversy-still-using-his-brand/#ixzz1tk0DiXKf

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
imamomzilla
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting asfriend:

What are we talking about here? Slamfest? What is that?

Quoting romalove:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Life is just too damned short to deal with you instigators.  You have zero desire to actually discuss anything - you are just enjoying your little slamfest.

It's very sad.  Makes the forum essentially worthless for discussion.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

In all fairness, if you go back and read from the beginning, the thread was moving along very pleasantly.  Then some people decided to post pictures that would bait and then when people took the bait, said person cried victim.  It's all there, go look.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Life is just too damned short to deal with you instigators.  You have zero desire to actually discuss anything - you are just enjoying your little slamfest.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on May. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lylalane7275:

In all fairness, if you go back and read from the beginning, the thread was moving along very pleasantly.  Then some people decided to post pictures that would bait and then when people took the bait, said person cried victim.  It's all there, go look.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That's likely true.

It is also the root of the problem with the forum.

As long as people can agree with the original poster, cluck along with how terrible or great whatever is that was posted, high five each other and give deep thanks for their friendship, the threads go great.

The minute someone has something alternative to say it's an immediate attackfest, or a "slamfest" as someone else says.

That makes actual discussion impossible, which is what jax is trying to say.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

It's a shame right.  There is so much knowledge here.  When we do manage to debate without distraction, it is pretty great.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting lylalane7275:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That's likely true.

It is also the root of the problem with the forum.

As long as people can agree with the original poster, cluck along with how terrible or great whatever is that was posted, high five each other and give deep thanks for their friendship, the threads go great.

The minute someone has something alternative to say it's an immediate attackfest, or a "slamfest" as someone else says.

That makes actual discussion impossible, which is what jax is trying to say.

Abaco
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I know Momzie.....not getting enough attention elsewhere.

I didn't get to listen to Rush today and here any updates.....

Quoting imamomzilla:

This is the third time you poked your head in to contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion. Who's the "instigator"? hmm....

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I agree.  I log on a couple times a day, open the posts that look interesting, and by the time I reach the end it's turned into an opportunity for people to insult others.

No discussion, no exchange of ideas, just a lot of insults and backslapping.  And I go, meh, and close the window.

Is there another forum that's a better fit for me?

Quoting romalove:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on May. 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you speaking of lga's horrible picture just to be ugly in the thread? I would definitely agree with you on that.

I thought you made a good point about whether or not it was on oversight on the Rush links for the berries and flowers.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Oh, goody, yet ANOTHER slam/attack thread.

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Meh. It may have been an oversight or those advertisers may want to play both sides.

Of course, the word rush doesn't always mean him but whatever. I don't listen to him or use either of those services.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

Abaco
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Maybe.....I think it's more of wanting to play both sides. Perhaps not the one that changed.....the update in this thread.

Quoting Friday:

Meh. It may have been an oversight or those advertisers may want to play both sides.

Of course, the word rush doesn't always mean him but whatever. I don't listen to him or use either of those services.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Than why did either 1 of you stop by!?

m3lissa_16
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Is it weird that I read this in his irritating little voice?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)