Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG Limbaugh: Advertisers that left after the fluke are still using his name

Posted by   + Show Post

On his Wednesday program, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh — who took heat from advertisers after his ill-advised comments about Georgetown Law student and self-described contraception activist Sandra Fluke — said two of those advertisers are still using his name and brand despite having dropped him after the incident.

Limbaugh said he was notified by an intellectual property attorney that he could have a claim against these former advertisers.

“I did not know this was going on,” he explained. “I got an email from a very famous lawyer friend of mine. I know a lot of lawyer’s — my dad was on. My grandfather was one. My cousin is a federal judge. ‘Dear Mr. Limbaugh, I’m an intellectual property attorney and fan of yours and I believe you may have an unfair competition claim against Shari’s Berries.’ Apparently ladies and gentlemen, and you need to know this — both ProFlowers and Shari’s Berries are still using the offer code ‘RUSH’ in advertising for those products.”

“I need you to know they are not advertisers here,” he added. “They are two advertisers that went public during the Sandra Fluke episode and expressed their shock and their outrage, how they could no longer possibly be associated with anything like this program. And yet they continue to try and associate themselves with this program.”

Limbaugh pointed out that RushBerries.com and RushProFlowers.com redirect back to the websites for Shari’s Berries and the ProFlowers, both brands of the online company Provide Commerce, Inc. He also mentioned that some radio spots may have still been running with the offer code “RUSH” despite disassociating with his program.

“The most we can do with it here on the air is to let you know that we have no official linkage — we’re not part, they’re not advertisers here,” he said. “They’re making it very tough. We tried to play this above board, but there are a number of advertisers who back then in the heat of the moment canceled then asked to come back. We said no to them. This is an attempt here after they went public with ‘how they could not possibly be associated with such a program,’ they endeavor to be associated with the program on the sly. So I just wanted you to know.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/02/limbaugh-advertisers-that-left-after-fluke-controversy-still-using-his-brand/#ixzz1tk0DiXKf

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (61-67):
Abaco
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes....you should have ! You knew what I meant before I knew what I meant ! and was pretty nice about it....refreshing : )

Quoting romalove:

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL!

She knows what you meant to say, Abaco...she always does. You're just not sure. hehe

wink

Now this is really funny, because I was being kind and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps I shouldn't have done so, and let her words stand as they are.

Wow....

imamomzilla
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, because she has a better grasp of the English language than most....and might actually possess some telepathic abilities.

bouncing

Quoting Abaco:

Yep.....LOL, I'll just have to check with her to make sure I know what I mean because she knows what I mean and together we can be sure what everyone else means.....Do you know what I mean ?

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL!

She knows what you meant to say, Abaco...she always does. You're just not sure. hehe

wink

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on May. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Yes, because she has a better grasp of the English language than most....and might actually possess some telepathic abilities.

bouncing

Quoting Abaco:

Yep.....LOL, I'll just have to check with her to make sure I know what I mean because she knows what I mean and together we can be sure what everyone else means.....Do you know what I mean ?

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL!

wink

What a sad human being you are.  I really wonder what possesses a person to be so nasty. 

You are the epitome of the problem of this forum.  Nothing of substance, unable to hold a civil conversation with someone who disagrees with you, only seemingly capable of being snipey and snarky and disagreeable.

asfriend
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting imamomzilla:

bouncing

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL!

wink

What a sad human being you are.  I really wonder what possesses a person to be so nasty. 

You are the epitome of the problem of this forum.  Nothing of substance, unable to hold a civil conversation with someone who disagrees with you, only seemingly capable of being snipey and snarky and disagreeable.

.....and you have commandeered my bouncy.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Abaco, do you really mean to say that your threads will never have thoughtful, insightful discussion?  LOL!

Quoting Abaco:

Well, my never will !

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Life is just too damned short to deal with you instigators.  You have zero desire to actually discuss anything - you are just enjoying your little slamfest.

It's very sad.  Makes the forum essentially worthless for discussion.

Than why did either 1 of you stop by!?

I always live in hope that any given thread will surprise me and be thoughtful, insightful, and perhaps contain a good discussion.

Abaco
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

ohhhhhh !!!!!!surprised

Quoting imamomzilla:

bouncing

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL!

wink

Abaco
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

To some.....no they won't. Can't please everybody....you know what I mean ?

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Abaco, do you really mean to say that your threads will never have thoughtful, insightful discussion?  LOL!

Quoting Abaco:

Well, my never will !

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Life is just too damned short to deal with you instigators.  You have zero desire to actually discuss anything - you are just enjoying your little slamfest.

It's very sad.  Makes the forum essentially worthless for discussion.

Than why did either 1 of you stop by!?

I always live in hope that any given thread will surprise me and be thoughtful, insightful, and perhaps contain a good discussion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)