Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Bachmann: 'He Can't Beat Obama … Not Going to Happen'

Posted by   + Show Post

Michele Bachmann has finally decided to endorse Mitt Romney - 119 days after she dropped out of the race.

The endorsement will come at a joint Romney-Bachmann appearance on Thursday.  No doubt Bachmann will talk about the importance of beating Barack Obama and how Mitt Romney is the one to do it. She'll almost certainly say that conservatives must unite behind Romney because of the importance of beating Obama.

But here's the thing: Shortly before she dropped out, Bachmann told me - point blank - that there was  no way Romney could beat Obama.

"He cannot beat Obama," Bachmann said. "It's not going to happen."

You can see the video here: http://abcn.ws/JqGe4J

The comment came in an interview at her Iowa campaign headquarters the day before the Iowa caucuses. Bachmann had been badly sliding in the polls, but she told me she expected divine intervention to bring her a victory: "We're believing in a miracle because we know, I know, the one who gives miracles." 

Then I asked her about her opponents.

"Mitt Romney, can he beat Obama?" I asked.

Here is her complete answer:

"No, he cannot beat Obama because his policy is the basis for Obamacare," Bachmann said. "The signature issue of Obama is Obamacare. You can't have a candidate who has given the blueprint for Obamacare. It's too identical. It's not going to happen. We have to have a candidate, a bold distinct candidate in the likeness of Ronald Reagan."

Click here  for  the story I wrote on Bachmann's comments at the time.  

Times have changed. Romney is now the guy. But what is Bachmann going to say now about supporting the guy who gave us the "blueprint for Obamacare"?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

lga1965
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Next  Gingrich will be backing Romney- even though he's call Romney a liar on more than one occasion. 

I can not believe true conservatives are jumping on the Romney dog crate.

I KNOW!  They called him a RINO!  ( what a silly term to use....)

I guess if that's all they got.....well.....frown mini

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on May. 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Next  Gingrich will be backing Romney- even though he's call Romney a liar on more than one occasion. 

THIS true conservative is not jumping onto Romney...but he's all we've got to try to defeat Obama.  He's the lesser of two evils. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Who do you think started the birther movement?

Quoting mom2myprince:

Quoting Jambo4:

... so?  Should we pull up all the negative things Hillary Clinton said about Obama and his inability to lead that she said while she was running against him? 

That's the name of the game.  While you are running you try to show you are the right one for the job and the other dudes are losers.. then when you are no longer a contender, you switch gears... nothing surprising here.

hillary didnt dog Obama how the republicans were doing to each other. they told on each other, even said how bad of a job the other was doing and now all they have left is Romney??

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Yes he is.  IF the job you are referring to is the job of destroying America.

Quoting mom2myprince:

Obama is getting the job done at his own speed and republicans are getting scared.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Lmao

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting mom2myprince:

Obama is getting the job done at his own speed and republicans are getting scared.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2myprince
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting mom2myprince:

i got 2 replys from from 2 different post  from YOU.  dont be mad  obama2012

Being
aware of the Thought process is a way of seeing why you do some of the
things you do on a daily basis..Unconscious thought goes unnoticed and
you react with them without thinking about it.....Think deeply into what
makes you tick,what makes you happy and every other emotion you get
from thoughts..Learn your thought process and begin to know yourself..
mom2myprince
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Sisteract:

THIS true conservative is not jumping onto Romney...but he's all we've got to try to defeat Obama.  He's the lesser of two evils. 

HE'S all you have, based on that why do you want him in office? running on he's are last hope?

mom2myprince
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Quoting Carpy:

Who do you think started the birther movement?

Quoting mom2myprince:

Quoting Jambo4:

... so?  Should we pull up all the negative things Hillary Clinton said about Obama and his inability to lead that she said while she was running against him? 

That's the name of the game.  While you are running you try to show you are the right one for the job and the other dudes are losers.. then when you are no longer a contender, you switch gears... nothing surprising here.

hillary didnt dog Obama how the republicans were doing to each other. they told on each other, even said how bad of a job the other was doing and now all they have left is Romney??

*creeper* you so funny :)

Being
aware of the Thought process is a way of seeing why you do some of the
things you do on a daily basis..Unconscious thought goes unnoticed and
you react with them without thinking about it.....Think deeply into what
makes you tick,what makes you happy and every other emotion you get
from thoughts..Learn your thought process and begin to know yourself..
mom2myprince
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He saves money by recycling

After his wife wears her $1000 tops once

he wipes his a$$ with it...

But nothing less than $1000

He;s not a barbarian!

Quoting MizSandy:

Romney's Latest Polls

i love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)