Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your think the Average income is for a Cafemom Family anyone make 250,000 a year?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Without being to specific lets take a poll.

Options:

Under 30,000 per year.

Under 50,000 per year. More then 30.

Under 100,000 per year more then 50.

Under 250,000 more them 100

Over 250,000 a year.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

If you look at your states average income are you above that or below it?

Since most of the Political debates seem to be going to be about INCOME and economy,  this election year. It seems to be a good questions. So do we fear more if we have more money or less?  How does this play into the way you feel about the government?

And since you all will want to know My Family make more then 50,000 a year in Oregon where that is higher then the average, we have a 401 k and insurance.

I consider my life Pretty good at this point. 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-16):
numbr1wmn
by Nikki on May. 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM

kissI had to kiss you!

I am a married mom with one child would like more but need to live within my means and not off government assistance.

I live in Massachusetts and struggle. I live frugal. My husband is in and out of work and I am at 50K a year. It is VERY hard but it's my job to take care of my family.

I too do NOT trust the government.  I feel that I made the choices I did and have to live with them.  Those who are very sucessful shouldn't have to pick up the slack for me or anyone else.  I just have to work harder!

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm on the low income end.  (sigh)  But I'm a single mom with a small business trying to make ends meet.  I'm conservative and have worries (not fears) about the government becoming too big and taking away too many freedoms.  I believe in a flat tax and getting rid of tax loopholes and tax credits.  Even though I do benefit from the EIC and child tax credit, I realize that you can't pay out more than you have coming in and until these and other credits are eliminiated the budget will not balance and the country's financial affairs will not be fixed.  I also don't believe in penalizing the rich--just making sure they pay their fair share like everyone else.  

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM
We are way below average, and below the poverty line. I feel that a crackdown on entitlement programs would hurt our family badly. We are making steps to improve our situation, but it's not that easy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Our county's median income for 2009 was $27,451.  Thankfully we are far above that.  The county north of ours had a median income of $48,329!  It explains the disparity I see around here.  Thanks for the topic to research!

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

What your income is within those ranges. I used My state Oregon as my own example we are above the average of around 43,000. 

It is just the way so many talk they act like they are afraid of the plan to raise taxes on the top 1%, close corporate loopholes and stop giving BIG Oil Subsidies as if it effect their personal income :)  

In Oregon we voted for a flat tax on businesses that make over 100,000 in profit  MOST small buisness do not make anywhere near that as a profit most make 50,000 or less  but it passed by a pretty big margin because it would stop the give aways to companies that would only run out once their tax free status ended and it has not stopped growth of new business in our state.  And I guess if I where ever lucky enough to earn 100,000 a year in profit on my business I would be glad to pay a 1% flat tax on all that. Until then I will pay what I am told, and make the most of it.  I am be small but I do pay my business taxes 

godotherightthi
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I was cynical of the government when my husband brought home $19k/year...I'm still cynical now that we're a little over $50k - I'm a SAHM - so I'd say my income has very little to do with my feelings on politics.  That income is above average for my state (and I believe it's above average nationally).

I think when looking at income for statistical data, you have to look at more than just income.  For example, we have three kids.

What do you mean by "fear more"?  Do you mean those who want to limit the federal powers only want to do so because they fear the impact the government has on their income?  Do you mean those with lower incomes fear more aspects of life in general because they don't have the resources to face emergencies?  I'm not clear on your question.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

The median for our county is 54,951, and we are above that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)