Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What do your think the Average income is for a Cafemom Family anyone make 250,000 a year?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Without being to specific lets take a poll.

Options:

Under 30,000 per year.

Under 50,000 per year. More then 30.

Under 100,000 per year more then 50.

Under 250,000 more them 100

Over 250,000 a year.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

If you look at your states average income are you above that or below it?

Since most of the Political debates seem to be going to be about INCOME and economy,  this election year. It seems to be a good questions. So do we fear more if we have more money or less?  How does this play into the way you feel about the government?

And since you all will want to know My Family make more then 50,000 a year in Oregon where that is higher then the average, we have a 401 k and insurance.

I consider my life Pretty good at this point. 

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I am a SAHM and some things are more important to me than money. I keep a tight budget and don't feel like we are missing out on anything.  DH has a pension luckily.

matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I edited my post because I feel even our roundabout income is too personal. Needless to say we could always bring in more $$$

rccmom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I am a SAHM. We are above state average, and are pretty comfortable. We've always attempted to "live below our means" though so we could save money. We are also putting 2 kids through local state college.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm on the low income end.  (sigh)  But I'm a single mom with a small business trying to make ends meet.  I'm conservative and have worries (not fears) about the government becoming too big and taking away too many freedoms.  I believe in a flat tax and getting rid of tax loopholes and tax credits.  Even though I do benefit from the EIC and child tax credit, I realize that you can't pay out more than you have coming in and until these and other credits are eliminiated the budget will not balance and the country's financial affairs will not be fixed.  I also don't believe in penalizing the rich--just making sure they pay their fair share like everyone else.  

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I agree we keep a budget also. We have a creature comforts dish TV for example ;) but try to live within our means. I am sure most states are making cut backs and are in worse positions then others.  But I believe that for the most part we are all very lucky to live in the country where we live.

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Can I ask just what personal freedoms you fear are being taken away? 

The only personal freedoms I worried about what the partiot act right after 9/11 that allowed them to tap phones, do searches without warrants, pull people off the street and make them disapear if there where suspected of terrorist and I sort of exected some of that to be repealed by the current administation but none of it was.

Now I have no personal fear of any of that happening to Me,  but I guess if you where a rabid activist like Ted Nugent who got invetagated by the secret service or George Clooney who got arrested you might have to worry ;) but in both cases I was not to worried that either would be shipped of to GITMO.

I hope your family thrives in the future and I agree with you that perhaps it is time for a flat tax that it probably would do more good.

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

We are higher than the average.  I choose the wrong one, didn't read the poll very carefully.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM

What exactly are we supposed to answer with?  Our own income, or what we think the average is?

Momniscient
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I am higher than average. I live comfortably and within my means. I keep a tight budget so I can invest wisely and provide the life I want my kids to have. I do not want for any need and neither do my kids.

I cannot afford to buy vacation real estate in Tuscany right now. But, I will be able to in the future because of how I live now.

My personal liberties are only threatened by the GOP because I have a uterus.

rachelrothchild
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The Minneapolis median household income in 2009: $45538

Sadly, we are under that.  I am a SAHM, and Matt works as a peon for a greedy financial services corporation that can afford to pay its workers more.  Instead, they get free food when they work OT (sometimes), and they get $5 gift cards to places like Panera and Starbucks for being awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN