Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Oh you feel persecuted as an American Christian?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Well, I can look for the Gavin Newsom speech on YouTube.  I'll post a link if I find it.

As for the 8th grader

As with most teens, there is probably more to this that I was told.  However, I do know he was getting sued for something his daughter did in school because he asked me if I knew a lawyer that handled something like this.  Of course, I can't offer you any concrete proof of this conversation either.   So, lets go with the Gavin Newsom speech.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I think the story is bullshit

Quoting erika9009:

I think the problem came about with the gay activists "ramming" gay marriage down everyone's throat.  That sure irked me.

I remember Gavin Newsom (mayor of San Fransico at the time) said "It's coming whether you like it or not."  He said it in such a cocky, "screw your beliefs" way that it just bugged me.

Then, a friend of mine's 8th grade daughter and her friend got detention.  Why? They were kissing their bf at a school dance.  Yet, when these same two report two GIRLS kissing in the bathrooms during school they were told to "be more tolerant!!!!!"  Worse yet, one of the kissing girls parents tried to sue my friend because of the embarrassment.  

So, you break a rule and your straight, you get detention.  You break a rule and your gay/lesbian, it's ok and the straight people need to be tolerant.  

This "ram it down your throat" mentality the activist have is really giving gay/lesbians a bad rap.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

rachelrothchild
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm not a Republican.  Not all Christians are Republicans either.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You rparty is all about that...you support the party, you support their platform

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Not all of us are for banning gay marriage.  It needs to stay out of my church tho.

CafeMom Tickers
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely agree with the ramming it down the throats stuff, but I think that if they get treated fairly, that will minimize the "rammers."  Once they can marry and be beneficiaries, all that stuff, I think you'll see less of the in your face stuff to get attention, IMO.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm not opposed to gays being treated like everyone else, I'm all for that and I have nothing against their lifestyle...to each their own.   But I do agree with the ramming it down everyone's throat comment.  I remember seeing a gay couple passionatly kissing on a news story and then they turned to the camera and said something like did you see that, you'd better get used to it and you'd better like it.  Well, I don't care for that kind of public display from gay or straight couples so I don't want either ramming that display down my throat.  KWIM?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My standard line when I saw PDA in the hallway was to say, "That is not how your teacher (Mrs. Gdula) taught you CPR, I'm going to have to revoke your card."  I had to say it once to a gay couple.  One of them was absolutely elated that I had treated them like everyone else.  I'd like to see them just treated like everyone else.

Quoting erika9009:

I think the problem came about with the gay activists "ramming" gay marriage down everyone's throat.  That sure irked me.

I remember Gavin Newsom (mayor of San Fransico at the time) said "It's coming whether you like it or not."  He said it in such a cocky, "screw your beliefs" way that it just bugged me.

Then, a friend of mine's 8th grade daughter and her friend got detention.  Why? They were kissing their bf at a school dance.  Yet, when these same two report two GIRLS kissing in the bathrooms during school they were told to "be more tolerate!!!!!"  Worse yet, one of the kissing girls parents tried to sue my friend because of the embarrassment.  

So, you break a rule and your straight, you get detention.  You break a rule and your gay/lesbian, it's ok and the straight people need to be tolerant.  

This "ram it down your throat" mentality the activist have is really giving gay/lesbians a bad rap.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Did you not read my reply?  I said I don't like either group ramming those displays down my throat so there's no bigotry from me. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Straight people do it everyday...yet you make no comment about that ramming down the throat

bigotry is ugly

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm not opposed to gays being treated like everyone else, I'm all for that and I have nothing against their lifestyle...to each their own.   But I do agree with the ramming it down everyone's throat comment.  I remember seeing a gay couple passionatly kissing on a news story and then they turned to the camera and said something like did you see that, you'd better get used to it and you'd better like it.  Well, I don't care for that kind of public display from gay or straight couples so I don't want either ramming that display down my throat.  KWIM?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My standard line when I saw PDA in the hallway was to say, "That is not how your teacher (Mrs. Gdula) taught you CPR, I'm going to have to revoke your card."  I had to say it once to a gay couple.  One of them was absolutely elated that I had treated them like everyone else.  I'd like to see them just treated like everyone else.

Quoting erika9009:

Then, a friend of mine's 8th grade daughter and her friend got detention.  Why? They were kissing their bf at a school dance.  Yet, when these same two report two GIRLS kissing in the bathrooms during school they were told to "be more tolerate!!!!!"  Worse yet, one of the kissing girls parents tried to sue my friend because of the embarrassment.  

4kidz916
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

You have a good point there, I never thought of it that way.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I absolutely agree with the ramming it down the throats stuff, but I think that if they get treated fairly, that will minimize the "rammers."  Once they can marry and be beneficiaries, all that stuff, I think you'll see less of the in your face stuff to get attention, IMO.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting erika9009:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM

You are offended because of their attitude,,,they have it because they are not granted the same rights as everyone else....thats the ATTITUDE...

Quoting 4kidz916:

Did you not read my reply?  I said I don't like either group ramming those displays down my throat so there's no bigotry from me. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Straight people do it everyday...yet you make no comment about that ramming down the throat

bigotry is ugly

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting erika9009:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

No shit, but the republican platform pushes an anti gay agenda and so do many churches including the Vatican and most other religions

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You rparty is all about that...you support the party, you support their platform

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Not all of us are for banning gay marriage.  It needs to stay out of my church tho.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not offended by gays at all.  You have totally not read anything I have typed in the past few replies.  I have family members and friends that are gay and I'm all for their rights.  I, however, do not like over the top public displays of affection from gay or straight couples.  I'm not sure how much clearer I can type it out.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You are offended because of their attitude,,,they have it because they are not granted the same rights as everyone else....thats the ATTITUDE...

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

bigotry is ugly

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting erika9009:

erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I think the attitude is what bugs people and has caused them to push back hard.  So hard as in some doing gay marriage bans.  Then, you get the "over active" religious people jump on and it just gets messy.

As my gay friend said (at a party, so..) "Stay with one guy the rest of my life, I'll pass).

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

bigotry is ugly

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting erika9009:

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

rachelrothchild
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this

You said "your party".  It's not my party, so go bother someone else.  Churches/individuals are free to believe whatever they want, whether you like it or not.  It's called freedom of religion and is protected here.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

No shit, but the republican platform pushes an anti gay agenda and so do many churches including the Vatican and most other religions

Quoting rachelrothchild:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting rachelrothchild:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)