Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

So, he WAS connected to Occupy.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 30 Replies

The one suspect in the bomb plot in Cleveland last week WAS connected to  OccupyCleveland! He signed the lease for a warehouse where a number of Occupiers are living. 

"We have a person facing terrorism charges on the lease of our warehouse," said one of the leaders. "If this gets into the media, it would be a disaster."

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I read that he was but left because they refused to resort to violence.
29again
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting trippyhippy:

I read that he was but left because they refused to resort to violence.

Not exactly.. 

Zitt stressed the Occupy Cleveland movement is dedicated to non-violence. He said if they had known Hayne and the other four men were considering terrorism, they would have thrown them out

_Kissy_
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:04 AM
I heard they were christians
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Color me surprised.

29again
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

I wouldn't know.  The article that I linked made no mention at all of their religious thoughts or beliefs. 

4kidz916
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I haven't heard that, but, anyone can claim to be a Christian-doesn't mean they truly are. 

Quoting _Kissy_:

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Very interesting.  

Quoting 29again:

Quoting _Kissy_:

I wouldn't know.  The article that I linked made no mention at all of their religious thoughts or beliefs. 

she's just trying to push your buttons by posting a comment meant to be inflammatory... just dismiss it.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Actually, more than one WAS, they left the movement BECAUSE THEY wanted to be VIOLENT and agressive and OWS didn't share the same thoughts on the matter. In fact, they wrote about it too and it was POSTED

29again
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Actually, more than one WAS, they left the movement BECAUSE THEY wanted to be VIOLENT and agressive and OWS didn't share the same thoughts on the matter. In fact, they wrote about it too and it was POSTED

Same quote from the acknowledged leader of OccupyCleveland for you, you must have missed up above:

Zitt stressed the Occupy Cleveland movement is dedicated to non-violence. He said if they had known Hayne and the other four men were considering terrorism, they would have thrown them out

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Ok but I don't see how it's relevant. Their actions are not supported or condoned by OWS and they weren't acting on behalf of any OWS group.

Just another attempt to demonize a group of people that the op disagrees with. No better than the TP bashers.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN