Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama begins campaign to an empty arena

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 151 Replies
3 moms liked this

Obama Begins Campaign To Empty Arena

MAY 7, 2012 8:28 AM

What a difference from four years ago.

President Obama started his campaign on Saturday with rallies in Ohio and Virginia, but there were none of the ‘overflowing’ crowds that were expected. The Schottenstein Center in Ohio has a capacity of 18,300, but Obama’s rally left over 4,000 seats empty. Mark Landler of the New York Times said the rally “had the feeling of a concert by an aging rock star,” as the president said the campaign was “still about hope,” and “still about change.”

According to the estimates, about 14,000 supporters showed up in Ohio, while 8,000 turned out in Richmond.

Obama tried to stress the importance of his necessary return to the White House so he can improve an America “where everyone gets a fair shot.” He emphasized that Romney’s vision of America was built on “a credo of layoffs, outsourcing, tax avoidance and union busting.”

I don’t care about how many ways you try to explain it,” the president mocked, “Corporations aren’t people. People are people.”

Romney’s campaign spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, released a statement saying, “No matter how many lofty campaign speeches President Obama gives, the fact remains that American families are struggling on his watch: to pay their bills find a job and keep their homes.”

ABC reported one woman in attendance said, “I’m not satisfied with his four years, but I think he’s been fighting a do-nothing Congress and some bad public opinion.”

Romney looks to improve his perception.

Another is quoted as saying, “I want to support Obama’s goal of helping women, you know, with birth control. If Romney would get in, he would take us, especially the women, back to the 1930s or 50s.”

These statements hold no weight and tell this author the level of intellect of an average person at an Obama rally.

To start, the “do-nothing Congress” was controlled by Democrats until this year, so they have no one to blame but themselves for failed policies. And as for Romney taking women back to the ways of the 30s and 50s: that is just ignorant. Democrats have recently spun Republican policies and procedures to the so-called ‘War on Women,’ inciting Speaker of the House John Boehner to say that Obama was “picking a fight where one doesn’t exist.”

This election season will be very exciting, pitting a successful CEO and former governor against a popular, albeit unproven incumbent President. The Obama campaign will be attempting to portray Romney as a sleezy businessman, only concerned with personal gain, while Romney will be pointing directly to numbers produced by Obama over his presidency.

Make sure you know for whom you are voting and why. The next several years will prove to be extremely important for America’s economy.

SHARE this to let your friends know more about why Obama does NOT need to be re-elected.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Looks like people are waking up. YAY!

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I heard it was because they ran out of his "special mixture" Kool-aide. Heard he had to get another dog before he could make more. ;-)

GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this
YAY

imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I heard it was because they ran out of his "special mixture" Kool-aide. Heard he had to get another dog before he could make more. ;-)

imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

*waits for the 'bots to spam the thread with photos and proof the house was packed...

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I will never vote for Romney. Still waiting to see he 3rd party candidates. But out of Obama vs Romney...Obama hands down and I am an independent voter who votes across party lines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

What's wrong with Romney?

I'll bet you voted for Obama last election. Am I correct?

Quoting bellawomen:

I will never vote for Romney. Still waiting to see he 3rd party candidates. But out of Obama vs Romney...Obama hands down and I am an independent voter who votes across party lines.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM
4 moms liked this

For Obama not to fill up  Schottenstein Center is very telling.  Columbus is a liberal town. 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm surprised the Obama Team didn't hire seat fillers like Hollywood does for the OSCARs or at least produce mass cardboard faceless lifesize cutouts of Julia to fill the stands.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)