Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama begins campaign to an empty arena

Posted by   + Show Post

Obama Begins Campaign To Empty Arena

MAY 7, 2012 8:28 AM

What a difference from four years ago.

President Obama started his campaign on Saturday with rallies in Ohio and Virginia, but there were none of the ‘overflowing’ crowds that were expected. The Schottenstein Center in Ohio has a capacity of 18,300, but Obama’s rally left over 4,000 seats empty. Mark Landler of the New York Times said the rally “had the feeling of a concert by an aging rock star,” as the president said the campaign was “still about hope,” and “still about change.”

According to the estimates, about 14,000 supporters showed up in Ohio, while 8,000 turned out in Richmond.

Obama tried to stress the importance of his necessary return to the White House so he can improve an America “where everyone gets a fair shot.” He emphasized that Romney’s vision of America was built on “a credo of layoffs, outsourcing, tax avoidance and union busting.”

I don’t care about how many ways you try to explain it,” the president mocked, “Corporations aren’t people. People are people.”

Romney’s campaign spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, released a statement saying, “No matter how many lofty campaign speeches President Obama gives, the fact remains that American families are struggling on his watch: to pay their bills find a job and keep their homes.”

ABC reported one woman in attendance said, “I’m not satisfied with his four years, but I think he’s been fighting a do-nothing Congress and some bad public opinion.”

Romney looks to improve his perception.

Another is quoted as saying, “I want to support Obama’s goal of helping women, you know, with birth control. If Romney would get in, he would take us, especially the women, back to the 1930s or 50s.”

These statements hold no weight and tell this author the level of intellect of an average person at an Obama rally.

To start, the “do-nothing Congress” was controlled by Democrats until this year, so they have no one to blame but themselves for failed policies. And as for Romney taking women back to the ways of the 30s and 50s: that is just ignorant. Democrats have recently spun Republican policies and procedures to the so-called ‘War on Women,’ inciting Speaker of the House John Boehner to say that Obama was “picking a fight where one doesn’t exist.”

This election season will be very exciting, pitting a successful CEO and former governor against a popular, albeit unproven incumbent President. The Obama campaign will be attempting to portray Romney as a sleezy businessman, only concerned with personal gain, while Romney will be pointing directly to numbers produced by Obama over his presidency.

Make sure you know for whom you are voting and why. The next several years will prove to be extremely important for America’s economy.

SHARE this to let your friends know more about why Obama does NOT need to be re-elected.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

The proof is in the pudding...and it's starting to bore me.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

We were speaking of the 2008 election and that chicken has hatched

and please prove wide spread voter fraud in 2008...I'll wait

I never said it didn't exist at all..many republicans were convicted for voter fraud,,,

Quoting imamomzilla:

To deny that voter fraud exists just proves how little you know about politics.

Keep deluding yourself.

And you know that saying about 'counting your chickens before they hatch'? Don't.

wink mini

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

More voter fraud charges that didn't happen?

so typical..

lies, Obama won in almost every category....sorry, your "side" offered up two bad choices....Our "side" was just better this time

Sore losers are very unbecoming

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oh, you can't count the lice from the "graduates" at the OWS camps....although I'm sure some will try to stuff the ballot box with made up names like the last election.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

LMAO truth hurts and excuses mean nothing

ALL YEAR his largest crown was 3000....

Obama's FIRST campign rally he had ALMOST 5 times that amount...

Poor Mittens and his ignorant masses...er...well...small groups of loser lovers

Insinuating that Obama supporters don't have jobs make you seem even MORE ridiculous than ever, have you read on the voters? you should...Obama won over the COLLEGE Graduates too..

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/exit-polls.html

Quoting imamomzilla:

What day of the week was it? Maybe the attendance might be due to the fact that his supporters have jobs and WORK.

shrugging

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I know right? someone needs to give you FACTS and shit...

Romneys empty rally (ies)

Mitt Romney speaks at Ford Field

Romney opened himself up to derision for choosing a 70,000-seat stadium which attracted just over 1,000 people, many of them school children bussed in to help fill out the crowd, tucked into a corner of the astro-turf pitch

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL ^^^ Right on cue

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Keep deluding yourself.

And you know that saying about 'counting your chickens before they hatch'? Don't.

wink mini

According to SAK, Acorn is a figment of America's imagination....

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

so typical..

lies, Obama won in almost every category....sorry, your "side" offered up two bad choices....Our "side" was just better this time

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oh, you can't count the lice from the "graduates" at the OWS camps....although I'm sure some will try to stuff the ballot box with made up names like the last election.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Insinuating that Obama supporters don't have jobs make you seem even MORE ridiculous than ever, have you read on the voters? you should...Obama won over the COLLEGE Graduates too..

Quoting imamomzilla:

What day of the week was it? Maybe the attendance might be due to the fact that his supporters have jobs and WORK.

shrugging

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Romney opened himself up to derision for choosing a 70,000-seat stadium which attracted just over 1,000 people, many of them school children bussed in to help fill out the crowd, tucked into a corner of the astro-turf pitch

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL ^^^ Right on cue

imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL. I think we found the model for Obama's "Julia". ;-)

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Keep deluding yourself.

wink mini

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

so typical..

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting imamomzilla:

shrugging

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL ^^^ Right on cue

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting bellawomen:

I will never vote for Romney. Still waiting to see he 3rd party candidates. But out of Obama vs Romney...Obama hands down and I am an independent voter who votes across party lines.

Gary Johnson won the Libertarian nomination. I'm still undecided but I do like Johnson.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

I lived in New Mexico when Gary was Governor. I seem to remember he was a pretty decent Governor, especially after the one he followed. I haven't checked out his Presidential campaign, may have to. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know he was running. I never really bother with the 3rd party candidates. Looks like I might need to.

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

You're right, blonde. All those people who lost their life savings, all deluded. Didn't really happen. RIGGGHHHTTTTT

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Keep deluding yourself.

wink mini

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

so typical..

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting imamomzilla:

shrugging

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL ^^^ Right on cue

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

LOL ^^^ Right on cue

Did you expect anything less? We are dissing her lord and master. OF COURSE she's gonna show up and attempt to disprove it. She yells about us not looking at facts and truths, yet she's got them right in front of her, and still refuses to see it. How deluded does one have to be to do that?

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting bellawomen:

I will never vote for Romney. Still waiting to see he 3rd party candidates. But out of Obama vs Romney...Obama hands down and I am an independent voter who votes across party lines.

Gary Johnson won the Libertarian nomination. I'm still undecided but I do like Johnson.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

I lived in New Mexico when Gary was Governor. I seem to remember he was a pretty decent Governor, especially after the one he followed. I haven't checked out his Presidential campaign, may have to. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know he was running. I never really bother with the 3rd party candidates. Looks like I might need to.

So far, I've heard nothing but good about him. The friends I have in NM all like him. I wish the GOP had at least given him a chance but they pushed him and Huntsman out pdq. I've never gone 3rd party before either, not in a presidential election but I don't care for either candidate and have liked what I've read about Johnson so far so....maybe.

Long time till Nov, lots can happen.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Keep deluding yourself.

wink mini

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

List and Map provided on link....

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the case I remember when Obama was campaigning for President...

1 VOTER, 72 REGISTRATIONS

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politics/item_8dh7PaKRiPc0BFNPZVnGMM

Friday
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

This is the case I remember when Obama was campaigning for President...

1 VOTER, 72 REGISTRATIONS

'ACORN PAID ME IN CASH & CIGS'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/politics/item_8dh7PaKRiPc0BFNPZVnGMM

That's registration fraud. Not good but not voter fraud. Do you have any proof of vote/er fraud in 08? Actual fraudulent votes cast.

H.R.H. Friday of MaryJane

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)