Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Your Monday LOL: GAFFE-PRONE BIDEN STRIKES AGAIN: CALLS MITT ‘PRESIDENT ROMNEY’ AND OBAMA ‘PRESIDENT CLINTON’

Posted by   + Show Post

GAFFE-PRONE BIDEN STRIKES AGAIN: CALLS MITT ‘PRESIDENT ROMNEY’ AND OBAMA ‘PRESIDENT CLINTON’

It’s almost become expected at this point. In the nearly four years he’s been in office, Vice President Joe Biden has awed the country with his gaffes (see herehere, and here, just to name a few). And on Sunday, he struck again.

During an interview with David Gregory on “Meet The Press,” Biden’s mind seemed otherwise occupied when it came to consistently and correctly referring to who he was talking about. For example, at one point, and much to the joy of Republicans, he referred to Mitt Romney as “President Romney.” But as if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, he couldn‘t seem to keep his own boss’s name straight: he also referred to Barack Obama as “President Clinton.” The Washington Free Beacon noticed it all:

You can watch the entire interview, which was pre-taped on Friday, below:

Those mistakes come after Biden sent ripples through Washington with other comments during the same interview. He also told Gregory that he is â€œabsolutely” okay with same-sex marriage, prompting Biden‘s office to scramble with a statement saying those words represent Biden’s personal views and not those of the administration.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
imamomzilla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Oh, I know. I laugh at him too. :-) None of us wish ill will.

I had  TBI years ago and mix up words from time to time....some short term memory loss too. My kids laugh at some of the sentences that come out when I talk too fast.

Quoting erika9009:

I know one of the signs of stoke is confusion and mixing words around.  I hope he's ok.  I may laugh at his gaffs, but certainly don't want him to be in bad health. 

Quoting imamomzilla:

His mental state. I think he had a brain aneurysm removed before.

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting imamomzilla:

WTH. I'm seriously concerned about his health. :-(

Is he sick, or is this a concern for his mental state?

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on May. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Maybe had been drinking? The truth tends it come out when they do.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Very true.

I hear rumors of replacing him as a running mate.  Has that ever happened in history?  Anyone?

Quoting imamomzilla:

Oh, I know. I laugh at him too. :-) None of us wish ill will.

I had  TBI years ago and mix up words from time to time....some short term memory loss too. My kids laugh at some of the sentences that come out when I talk too fast.

Quoting erika9009:

I know one of the signs of stoke is confusion and mixing words around.  I hope he's ok.  I may laugh at his gaffs, but certainly don't want him to be in bad health. 

Quoting imamomzilla:

His mental state. I think he had a brain aneurysm removed before.

Quoting erika9009:

Quoting imamomzilla:

WTH. I'm seriously concerned about his health. :-(

Is he sick, or is this a concern for his mental state?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)