Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mr. Obama’s Enemies List — First Since Nixon

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mr. Obama’s Enemies List — First Since Nixon

May 7th, 2012 8:12 pm
Author: Vic Lundquist
10 days ago, Kimberly Strassel wrote about a short list Obama had compiled of people that had donated money to the Romney campaign. Basically, her articlestates this “enemies list” was the first of its kind since the Nixon years (David Parker also cited it here).

One of those Romney donors was Tom O’Malley of Florida. He wrote a letter to The Wall Street Journal that the Journal published today. It is is very brief:

Kimberley Strassel’s April 27 Potomac Watch “The President Has a List” reports some serious allegations. I have not made too many lists in my more than 50 years in business, so I was quite surprised to see my name on President Barack Obama’s “enemies” list.

My most recent business venture, PBF Energy, bought the closed-down Delaware City Refinery, spent $400 million to fix it and reopened it with a United Steel Workers unionized work force. More than a thousand high-paying jobs were created in a state where unemployment had become a real problem.

PBF also bought a refinery in Paulsboro, N.J., one that was scheduled to close. Thus, more high-paying unionized jobs were saved in New Jersey.

If this gets you on the enemies list, it would be good for the country if the list were expanded. It would seem that I got on the list because I gave to the Romney PAC. I have also run a fund-raiser for New York’s own senator, Chuck Schumer, who I believe is still a Democrat. I hope this doesn’t get me on another list, because the amount involved exceeded the Romney contribution.

I can’t believe that the president has authorized such a self-destructive strategy and can only suggest that he and his administration may want to disown the author of the list, whoever that may be.

Tom O’Malley, Executive Chairman, PFB Energy, West Palm Beach, Fla.

Nixon was desperate when he maintained an enemies list. So is Obama.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM
Alberto Gonzalez had quite the list

And fired many on that list
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM
3 moms liked this

I hardly think he's keeping an enemies list, Nixon was much more Stalinist in his lists and vendetta's and hatred.

_Kissy_
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Obamas enemies want to see his head on a stake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Keeping track of Romney's donors equals an enemies list?

Do you suppose the Romney campaign is aware of who Obama's donors are? 

lga1965
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hahahaha. Yeah,right.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on May. 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting _Kissy_:

Obamas enemies want to see his head on a stake

You relish drama and attn don't you!? I would like to see Obama voted out of Office. The majority of Americans do not express violent tendencies as you do...

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on May. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Typical liberal banter. 

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Where is the proof?

I know many conservatives are so dumb they read it and believe it..

I would like some facts, proof..something

Here is a lovely quote from the asshole lady that is making this accusation with no proof

• This is what's really happening in Klamath--call it rural cleansing--and it's repeating itself in environmental battles across the country. Indeed, the goal of many environmental groups--from the Sierra Club to the Oregon Natural Resources Council--is no longer to protect nature. It's to expunge humans from the countryside.

If you're an environmentalist, you should love nuclear energy because it's pollution free

Yes....she's a dumbass

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

Momniscient
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

That's a pretty big stretch.

Desperate? Yeah, the Romney side I guess to be fabricating spin like this.

*shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN