Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physicians Group Asks Michelle Obama To Stop Being Photographed Eating Junk Food

Posted by   + Show Post

(Baltimore Sun) — First Lady Michelle Obama is on a mission to get our kids to eat healthy, but every now and then she is known to indulge on a cheeseburger or other food that is not so good for the body.

A few years ago she made a lunch run with staff to a Five Guys inWashington, D.C.

Well, a physicians group said this is a no-no and wants Michelle Obama and the rest of the first family not to be photographed eating unhealthy foods.

The Physicans Committee for Responsible Medicine said that President Obama has posed in a number of staged photos eating unhealthy foods, including hot dogs at a basketball game with British Prime Minister David Cameron. He and Vice President Joe Biden were spotted making a stop at Ray’s Hell Burger in Virginia and eating cheeseburgers with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

The group said Obama’s staff would never schedule a photo opp of the president smoking a cigarette, so why eating a piece of pizza?

The group plans to file a petition later this week asking the White House to issue an executive order banning staged photos of the president, his family the vice president and members of the president’s cabinet eating unhealthy foods.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you tell us, since that's where you reside....or is it under a bridge?

Quoting Momniscient:

Another slow day in hate land?

Momniscient
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Totally! Your witty banter and clever graphics bring so much light to the world.

Find a new troll picture bubs. This one is played out from sn's (eons) ago.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Why don't you tell us, since that's where you reside....or is it under a bridge?

Quoting Momniscient:

Another slow day in hate land?

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM
6 moms liked this

It's an odd request.  I don't think that telling people that they should NEVER have a cheeseburger or hot dog is sustainable.  People are going to eat unhealthy food every now and then.  It's what people eat everyday that makes the difference.  All her initiative is doing is trying to encourage people to eat healthy food more regularly.  I truly don't get why this is so controversial.

Momniscient
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

It isn't controversial.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

It's an odd request.  I don't think that telling people that they should NEVER have a cheeseburger or hot dog is sustainable.  People are going to eat unhealthy food every now and then.  It's what people eat everyday that makes the difference.  All her initiative is doing is trying to encourage people to eat healthy food more regularly.  I truly don't get why this is so controversial.

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I think she's in great shape.

I guess they just don't want her or the rest of the First Family to be photographed eating junk food....sends the wrong message?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

So we don't like her promoting eating healthy and getting active nor do we like for her to indulge now and again? What would you like to see her do then?

godotherightthi
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

This group sounds whack-a-doo.  Asking for an executive order banning staged photos that include unhealthy foods???  Sheesh, they're off the tyranny cliff!

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

According to Wiki:

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., which promotes a vegan diet, preventive medicine, alternatives to animal research, and encourages what it describes as "higher standards of ethics and effectiveness in research." Its primary activities include outreach and education about nutrition and compassionate choices to healthcare professionals and the public; ending the use of animals in medical school curricula; and advocating for legislative changes on the local and national levels.

PCRM was founded in 1985 by Neal D. Barnard of the George Washington University Medical School.

Quoting godotherightthi:

This group sounds whack-a-doo.  Asking for an executive order banning staged photos that include unhealthy foods???  Sheesh, they're off the tyranny cliff!

MizSandy
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

How is it that hard for people to understand that you can eat crappy food if you work it off? Obama’s campaign has never called for a prohibition on people eating junk, but a healthy base of nutrition and exercise with occasional junk food. The press aren’t around to photograph her eating quinoa for breakfast.

kcangel63
by Amanda on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Who cares? I'm not an Obama fan, but seriously? Who the hell caes what she eats for every meal and snack!? I try to eat healthy, but yesterday we had pizza, pop, cake, and ice cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)