Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Physicians Group Asks Michelle Obama To Stop Being Photographed Eating Junk Food

Posted by   + Show Post

(Baltimore Sun) — First Lady Michelle Obama is on a mission to get our kids to eat healthy, but every now and then she is known to indulge on a cheeseburger or other food that is not so good for the body.

A few years ago she made a lunch run with staff to a Five Guys inWashington, D.C.

Well, a physicians group said this is a no-no and wants Michelle Obama and the rest of the first family not to be photographed eating unhealthy foods.

The Physicans Committee for Responsible Medicine said that President Obama has posed in a number of staged photos eating unhealthy foods, including hot dogs at a basketball game with British Prime Minister David Cameron. He and Vice President Joe Biden were spotted making a stop at Ray’s Hell Burger in Virginia and eating cheeseburgers with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

The group said Obama’s staff would never schedule a photo opp of the president smoking a cigarette, so why eating a piece of pizza?

The group plans to file a petition later this week asking the White House to issue an executive order banning staged photos of the president, his family the vice president and members of the president’s cabinet eating unhealthy foods.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
Abaco
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course you do......gives pat on the head ; )  girl giving flower

Quoting Momniscient:

Of course Jesus is proud of me Aldea. I actually care about people and their issues. I am not filled with malice towards that which I don't understand.

Quoting Abaco:

Oh.....I'm sure He is proud of you too ! I'll give you an " L " for Learning : )

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Abaco:

She oughta be ashamed of herself ! Shoving that in among children  ! Bad influence.  I hope she takes more than a couple of swallows !

What does that even mean? Would you say something like this in front of Jesus?

You being a Jerk for Jesus I don't expect you to understand.....but I think I did say it in front of Jesus.....He is with me always : ) And have reason to believe he's smiling......"I hope she takes more than a couple of swallows" is implying I hope she doesn't choke on it.  LOL...."slow down cow poke" !

Riiiiiight.

I'm sure Jesus is so proud of you. So very very proud.

PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quote:

You being a Jerk for Jesus I don't expect you to understand.....but I think I did say it in front of Jesus.....He is with me always : ) And have reason to believe he's smiling......"I hope she takes more than a couple of swallows" is implying I hope she doesn't choke on it.  LOL...."slow down cow poke" !

As usual, you make little sense.

What's your personal philosophy on junk food/burgers/etc.?

Abaco
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

And doing a wonderful job !

Quoting imamomzilla:

That's why Mompants works for J4J. She's not just a member, she's the president!smile big 

Momniscient
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You just have no idea how to handle things do you?

You should attend a meeting. This is a little embarassing for you guys.

Quoting Abaco:

Of course you do......gives pat on the head ; )  girl giving flower

Quoting Momniscient:

Of course Jesus is proud of me Aldea. I actually care about people and their issues. I am not filled with malice towards that which I don't understand.

Quoting Abaco:

Oh.....I'm sure He is proud of you too ! I'll give you an " L " for Learning : )

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Abaco:

She oughta be ashamed of herself ! Shoving that in among children  ! Bad influence.  I hope she takes more than a couple of swallows !

What does that even mean? Would you say something like this in front of Jesus?

Riiiiiight.

I'm sure Jesus is so proud of you. So very very proud.

Momniscient
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Totally!!!

Thanks for the accolades tinybubs and Aldea. Snicker.

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

That's why Mompants works for J4J. She's not just a member, she's the president!smile big 

Abaco
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I agree with your post Pam....I'll like it...ok ? Here's your pat, and I'll give you a "T" for Trying : )girl giving flower

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

As usual, you make little sense.

What's your personal philosophy on junk food/burgers/etc.?

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw. it looks like she's trying to recruit new members. Too bad we already have a Savior.

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

PamR
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Again - no sense.  Why is it that you have such difficulty discussing the topic without the failed attempts at wit?  Can't you form a cohesive thought about the issue without trying to insinuate something?  Can't you disagree with the Obamas without (pathetically) trying to denigrate them?

Quote:

Oh I agree with your post Pam....I'll like it...ok ? Here's your pat, and I'll give you a "T" for Trying : )girl giving flower

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

Abaco
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Yep.....I'm spoken for : )

Quoting imamomzilla:

Aw. it looks like she's trying to recruit new members. Too bad we already have a Savior.

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

imamomzilla
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Same here.

That club sounds kinda scary. Wonder what the dues are....your soul?

Quoting Abaco:

Yep.....I'm spoken for : )

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Abaco:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN